I think bioware has it backwards.. Force Push VS Force Pull

Beefmachine

Why do Sages/Sorc need Force Pull?

Why Do Sent/Marauders need force push?

Please swap those two.. also I played in Beta IIRC Sents/Marauders originally had Force Pull but they decided to give it to the Sorcerers.

The way it is now Sages are like champions of defense and hutball.... they have remarkable utility and nearly an answer for everything someone throws at them.

Also then force pull should refresh the cooldown on our charge. NOW we could stick on our targets better.

Why do Sages/Sorc need Force Pull?

Why Do Sent/Marauders need force push?

Please swap those two.. also I played in Beta IIRC Sents/Marauders originally had Force Pull but they decided to give it to the Sorcerers.

The way it is now Sages are like champions of defense and hutball.... they have remarkable utility and nearly an answer for everything someone throws at them.

Also then force pull should refresh the cooldown on our charge. NOW we could stick on our targets better.

Not sure if trolling or remarkably uninformed.

He meant the friendly force pull.

He said it's the one Sentinels used to get. Sentinels, to my knowledge, never had a friendly Force Pull.

Regardless, these claims are baseless. He talks specifically of Huttball, where Guardians and Sentinels excel. This map was made for them.

On offense, the Guard/Sent can leap between ramps and bridges. Their immobilize effect on their Leap allows them to leap to a player, then run past them to score. They can advance the ball in ways no other class can't, bypassing fire pits altogether, and leaping straight out of the pit into the end zone. Guardians and Sentinels are already the best ball carrier in Huttball.

Give Guardians/Sentinels Force Pull and THEY become the kings of Huttball, both offensively and defensively, instead of just offensively, as they currently are. Already on defense, the Guardian/Sentinel can leap to the ball carrier, immobilizing them for precious seconds while their team catches up. Since snares grant no resolve, you can do this every time your leap is off cooldown, this option will always be available to you. Guard's/Sent's can instantly leap to a new ball carrier, where other classes are helpless to mitigate a good "Hail Mary" pass between enemy players. You could argue that Guard's/Sent's are one of the best classes in the game for playing defense in Huttball, behind only those classes with AoE knockbacks. That's without Force Pull.

To recap, Guardians/Sentinels are already the best class at moving the ball around the field, and are one of the best defensive classes as well. The OP has nothing to complain about regarding his character in Huttball. And this isn't just theory crafting. My Marauder became one of the most effective characters on my team at running interference in Huttball by the time she was level 14. My execution is sometimes sloppy (I don't profess to be an elite PvPer) but I had all the tools I needed at that level, and it only gets better as you acquire more tools, like your second leap (which every single Knight/Warrior player should have in PvP, in my opinion.)

-Macheath.

Edited by Macheath

Still, I wouldn't mind having a force pull on say a shared cd with force push. As it stands now a guardian has more trouble (read: needs a more skilled player) keeping mobs on him.

Sentinel is also the only class without both a pull or push I believe so in anything else but Huttball they're missing out on some quality fun, namely pushing targets over ledges. :p I remember how I was looking forward to playing a sentinel, until they took force push away from them.

Force Pull for friendlys is basically a fluff ability anyway, although it was handy getting to that +10 to all datacron.

It's actually a god send for Huttball. Combined with your sprint.

For example, rushing ahead of the ball carrier, then pulling him into the end zone.

I actually had a pair of consulars do most of the work for my Guardian while I slowly made my way to the end zone. I charged over the acid pool, then suddenly got pulled up to the highest platforms. As the respawns of the enemy team converged on me, a second consular appeared out of nowhere and pulled me in for the score. They didn't even give me the chance to TRY and pass it to them.