Why do concealment operatives act as if they were assassins?

Cretinus

These folks are on an operative, not on an assassin. They should stop trying to play like an assassin and learn to play a more supportive role with their stealth+CCs, rolls and even off-heals. If all these guys want to do is 1X1 front-loaded burst during a stun period and from out of stealth, then why the heck do they play an operative? They should reroll assassin. Edited by Cretinus

Didnt know other people actually played dps operatives anymore....

So you must be talking bout me.

Answer: I have no idea what Im doing, I just push the buttons that make the shink shink noise, and hope my freind with red letters goes bye bye.

The End, and they live hapily ever after.

If all these guys want to do is 1X1 front-loaded burst during a stun period and from out of stealth, then why the heck do they play an operative? They should reroll assassin.

They must be doing it just to annoy you. I mean, there's no way they just like operative better, right?

So basically they should just spec heals or reroll?

They don't need to respecc heals to play more supportive. The main problem is that every concealment OP seems to believe that he is on an assassin and that he should be able to play that way. This is simply wrong.

They must be doing it just to annoy you. I mean, there's no way they just like operative better, right?

Then they should stop crying that assassins have this or other in better and get used to the idea that concealment is not an assassin and should be played differently.

Edited by Cretinus

They don't need to respecc heals to play more supportive. The main problem is that every concealment OP seems to believe that he is on an assassin and that he should be able to play that way. This is simply wrong.

They're a front loaded burst spec. So because of this they should f**king focus on offheals? Most dps operatives suck anyway which is why you probably made this thread. The good ones destroy targets that our out of position.

Then they should stop crying that assassins have this or other in better and get used to the idea that concealment is not an assassin and should be played differently.

So since they both have ccs, high burst and mobility, assassins just happen to be better at what they both do, they should just focus on helping the "real dps" with ccs and offheals instead of actually using that high burst?

These folks are on an operative, not on an assassin. They should stop trying to play like an assassin and learn to play a more supportive role with their stealth+CCs, rolls and even off-heals. If all these guys want to do is 1X1 front-loaded burst during a stun period and from out of stealth, then why the heck do they play an operative? They should reroll assassin.

The reason they play like dec sins (which I assume you mean lone wolf game play) is because the tools they have at their disposals do not permit otherwise. They have the worst off heals from all dps classes, terrible survivability and weak range options. What is there to do other than stealthing out and trying to eliminate a target using the front loaded burst?

TBH, when it comes to ops in PvP it is either heal or re-roll.

Edited by Ottoattack

The reason they play like dec sins (which I assume you mean lone wolf game play) is because the tools they have at their disposals do not permit otherwise. They have the worst off heals from all dps classes, terrible survivability and weak range options. What is there to do other than stealthing out and trying to eliminate a target using the front loaded burst?

TBH, when it comes to ops in PvP it is either heal or re-roll.

This. You'd want a full dps spec to be bursting people down. Look at it this way. The op bursts the target down and kills him, you won't be taking any damage from that target anymore. Plus if your team is needing your DPS to hop in and help the healers heal all match, you've got an issue.

They are both front loaded burst playstyle. They both play similarly that's why....I wish people would bother to learn a specs mechanics before coming to the forums and making idiotic posts like this.

These folks are on an operative, not on an assassin. They should stop trying to play like an assassin and learn to play a more supportive role with their stealth+CCs, rolls and even off-heals. If all these guys want to do is 1X1 front-loaded burst during a stun period and from out of stealth, then why the heck do they play an operative? They should reroll assassin.

Because I can have my cake, and eat it too.

Ask people who have played against my operative, Ubernoober. Cycao knows. ;) As heals, I don't die. That's boring. So as Concealment, I kill people and throw off-heals to support my team mates. It's fun, but old-hat now, so I play my commando because I like eating dirt and chewing glass.

The problem is with bads being bads. It's got nothing to do with which class they're on.

Edited by Uber_the_Goober

So since they both have ccs, high burst and mobility, assassins just happen to be better at what they both do, they should just focus on helping the "real dps" with ccs and offheals instead of actually using that high burst?

I don't know if it is fair or just. Fact is that this is EXACTLY the explanation that has been given to DPS sages as to why they're squishy as hell and not as front-loaded as other classes: "H2F and mak'em pay", remember? Operatives should start to get used to the idea that this is their boat too, instead of comparing themselves to pure DPS speccs like assassins.

Edited by Cretinus

I don't know if it is fair or just. Fact is that this is EXACTLY the explanation that has been given to DPS sages as to why they're squishy as hell and not as front-loaded as other classes: "H2F and mak'em pay", remember? Operatives should start to get used to the idea that this is their boat too, instead of comparing themselves to pure DPS speccs like assassins.

Funny, I was pretty close to comment that this is almost as ridiculous as the whole "heal to full or roll a sniper"-thing.

still leveling my sage (46), but sages have -- by FAR -- the best off heals of all the dps spec'd ACs with heals. they aren't healers. but they can heal a lot more effectively than either mandos or scounds (in respective dps specs). for whatever that's worth to you. I don't know a single player (sage or otherwise) who ever said "heal to full" was an acceptable reply from the devs. so why you'd make that your pedestal to stand on, I have no idea.

Funny, I was pretty close to comment that this is almost as ridiculous as the whole "heal to full or roll a sniper"-thing.

Well, there you are. It's the way BW balances things and operatives better get used to it as sorcs did.

still leveling my sage (46), but sages have -- by FAR -- the best off heals of all the dps spec'd ACs with heals. they aren't healers. but they can heal a lot more effectively than either mandos or scounds (in respective dps specs). for whatever that's worth to you. I don't know a single player (sage or otherwise) who ever said "heal to full" was an acceptable reply from the devs. so why you'd make that your pedestal to stand on, I have no idea.

Then DPS operatives should get used to the idea that their off-heals might get a buff in the near future. But they should say farewell to their burst and/or stun wishes, at least as long as they have supporting abilities like off-heals and roll. BW simply does not put hybrid classes at the same DPS level as pure DPS classes and while assassins are pure DPS, DPS operatives are obviously hybrids. Get used to it and play the class as what it is and not as an "I'd-like-to-be-an-assassin-clone-with-additional-heal-and-roll-and-ranged"

Edited by Cretinus

Well, there you are. It's the way BW balances things and operatives better get used to it as sorcs did.

Then DPS operatives should get used to the idea that their off-heals might get a buff in the near future. But they should say farewell to their burst and/or stun wishes, at least as long as they have supporting abilities like off-heals and roll. BW simply does not put hybrid classes at the same DPS level as pure DPS classes and while assassins are pure DPS, DPS operatives are obviously hybrids. Get used to it and play the class as what it is and not as an "I'd-like-to-be-an-assassin-clone-with-additional-heal-and-roll-and-ranged"

I can't tell if you're trolling or just stupid, but assassins are also hybrid ACs. they have native tanking skills (such as taunts).

I can't tell if you're trolling or just stupid, but assassins are also hybrid ACs. they have native tanking skills (such as taunts).

I can't telll if you're trolling, but I can tell for sure that you're stupid, because you're obviously not able to discuss things without resorting to insults.

I can't telll if you're trolling, but I can tell for sure that you're stupid, because you're obviously not able to discuss things without resorting to insults.

Kind of hard to have a discussion with you when you continue to show that you're pretty ignorant about the mechanics of this game. Go back under you pve rock.

An Assassin can Taunt. A Taunt lasts for six seconds with a damage reduction of 30%. It has a 15 second cool down, and thus a potential up-time of 24 seconds for every minute. It requires no GCD to utilize, and the full potential uptime is 16 GCDs over the course of a minute. For the sake of simplicity, let's say the average GCD worth of damage is 3k, which the Taunt will reduce by 900 damage, which will result in at least 14,400 damage reduction over the course of a minute. This is before we look at situations with burst phases, or delving into the AOE taunts in congested areas. At no point does this cost the Assassin Resources or a GCD to utilize.

An Operative's Heal, which takes 3 seconds to cast will result in a 4-6k heal, pending crit, while requiring energy. If the Operative is below 70 energy before the cast, they will most likely hamper their energy regen, not the mention the fact that the long cast bar will have no Pushback protection, and will be easily interrupted. It is incredibly hard to do off healing with an empty heal tree as an Operative.

Edited by KyoMamoru

An Assassin can Taunt. A Taunt lasts for six seconds with a damage reduction of 30%. It has a 15 second cool down, and thus a potential up-time of 24 seconds for every minute. It requires no GCD to utilize, and the full potential uptime is 16 GCDs over the course of a minute. For the sake of simplicity, let's say the average GCD worth of damage is 3k, which the Taunt will reduce by 900 damage, which will result in at least 14,400 damage reduction over the course of a minute. This is before we look at situations with burst phases, or delving into the AOE taunts in congested areas. At no point does this cost the Assassin Resources or a GCD to utilize.

An Operative's Heal, which takes 3 seconds to cast will result in a 4-6k heal, pending crit, while requiring energy. If the Operative is below 70 energy before the cast, they will most likely hamper their energy regen, not the mention the fact that the long cast bar will have no Pushback protection, and will be easily interrupted. It is incredibly hard to do off healing with an empty heal tree as an Operative.

Dude you are taking logic and coherent arguments into a thread started by Cretinus. Think about that for a moment :l

In just a couple weeks, this will be a non-issue. Problem solved.

Edited by DarthOvertone