Blood Hunt

brgisme

I have said for a few weeks now the concept that the developers are not talented enough to make things harder without simply knocking you off a ledge (or your companions, or the support droid) is what will cause me to quit and I think this FP might have done it.

Tried it eight times (story mode) and simply can't do it without me or my companion getting knocked off the platform. I can't use the support droid because since you can't control them that's a loss every time as he just knocks them off the platform every time, can't use a melee support because they knock them off. Last time I went to a kalto heal pack ONE time and because they are at the edge of the platform, the three seconds I was there I get knocked off. This isn't "hard" this is developers who suck at their job so they put in an element where you simply lose.

I honestly have no idea what else do to, this is a required FP to continue the story mode yet it's so ignorantly hard because of the knock back that with this character I simply can't beat it. I get the idea, stay in the middle, I get the concept, keep my companion in the middle, but when the husband and wife attack together at some point I need to get a heal or two from the kalto packs (kind of why they are there) and if I get anywhere outside the very middle of the platform for even long enough to get the kalto I get knocked off.

It's honestly sad that people that get paid to develop a game make it such that you can't use the "support" character they give you because they knock the mobs off the platform, you can't use melee companions for the same reason and you can't get the kalto packs they have set up because the second you do they knock you off the platform.

I'm sure this has been brought up (I Googled ideas on how to win so I know it's a problem) and I'm sure I'll hear "git gud" and that's cool, I wish I could, but at this point I'm simply end of this game frustrated and that sucks because I have been having a lot of fun up until this FP was required.

Most strategies you'll find to get through there will be to stay in the middle of the room, wait until you're knocked back to hit a kolto and run back to middle, you can also have someone else join you in the solo mode

Most strategies you'll find to get through there will be to stay in the middle of the room, wait until you're knocked back to hit a kolto and run back to middle, you can also have someone else join you in the solo mode

At the point I was at I didn't think about waiting for the knock down to run to the kalto, that's a pretty simply thing I should have realized but after so many tries I was frustrated. I'll eventually try this again but no time soon. I'll probably play every other class to this point before I ever try this again as it's not hard, it's just bad game mechanics (can't control support droid so can't use it when they give it to you to help, have to micro manage your companion because they get knocked around) I shouldn't have to make sure two computer controlled players don't get knocked off a platform and if one of them does it's an automatic loss.

I see these posts all the time, but I've never ran into this issue on any mode. Is it that difficult to not get knocked off? (serious question)

Yeah I am a new player (yes I have a founder join date but I played to like lvl 20 and quit until very recently) and just did this FP for the very first time, and had 0 problems completing it solo. In fact during the fight against Torch (yay clan Vizla! :D) I crashed due to overheating with her at like 15% health, and my companions managed to kill her in the time it took me to get back.

Seriously the second I saw the ledge I knew they were gonna try and knock me off, that's not an SWTOR thing that is a basic video game trope. I stuck to the middle, spammed my kb protection, and every time I got hit I moved back towards the middle immediately.

TL;DR - OP is overreacting, this is a normal video game thing.

Wut? People use the kolto in solo? Why? :rak_01:

OK, yes, I'm trolling in the above, for which I slightly apologise, but I never even realised there *were* kolto stations in that one. I mean, objectively, I know there must *be* kolto stations because all solo FP boss fights have kolto stations, but I absolutely could not tell you where they are in Jos/Valk. (The only ones I've ever used in solo are the ones in the Guardian Droid fight on Copero, and only when I was doing it on my KC shadow, a spec I don't like and don't play often, and in fact now don't play at all because halfway round Nathema(1) I respecced the poor girl as Infiltration.)

(1) I cannot overstate how bad an idea it is to respec from tank to dps(2) halfway round a flashpoint, except that remaining a tank would have been worse.

(2) It would have been less bad if I had gone to Fleet first and bought *some* dps gear, but I didn't.

Yeah I am a new player (yes I have a founder join date but I played to like lvl 20 and quit until very recently) and just did this FP for the very first time, and had 0 problems completing it solo. In fact during the fight against Torch (yay clan Vizla! :D) I crashed due to overheating with her at like 15% health, and my companions managed to kill her in the time it took me to get back.

Seriously the second I saw the ledge I knew they were gonna try and knock me off, that's not an SWTOR thing that is a basic video game trope. I stuck to the middle, spammed my kb protection, and every time I got hit I moved back towards the middle immediately.

TL;DR - OP is overreacting, this is a normal video game thing.

No, it's not hard to not get knocked off, it's frustrating because if the combat droid gets knocked off (can't control him) it gets reset and same with your companion. I got knocked off once because I used a kalto station, the rest of the time it was computer controlled players getting knocked off. If I am on the platform and the droid gets booted off the whole thing resets.

So to answer your question, it's really not hard to not get knocked off for me. I don't know if you are talking the same fight I am, if anyone gets knocked off the platform it resets so there is zero chance in this fight your companions could "finish the fight" so the OP isn't overreacting you simply are talking crazy or aren't talking the same fight.

Edited by brgisme

Wut? People use the kolto in solo? Why? :rak_01:

OK, yes, I'm trolling in the above, for which I slightly apologise, but I never even realised there *were* kolto stations in that one. I mean, objectively, I know there must *be* kolto stations because all solo FP boss fights have kolto stations, but I absolutely could not tell you where they are in Jos/Valk. (The only ones I've ever used in solo are the ones in the Guardian Droid fight on Copero, and only when I was doing it on my KC shadow, a spec I don't like and don't play often, and in fact now don't play at all because halfway round Nathema(1) I respecced the poor girl as Infiltration.)

(1) I cannot overstate how bad an idea it is to respec from tank to dps(2) halfway round a flashpoint, except that remaining a tank would have been worse.

(2) It would have been less bad if I had gone to Fleet first and bought *some* dps gear, but I didn't.

I really only needed the kalto because I was eating AoE's standing in the middle because if I ran out it seemed like my companion would follow then get knocked off the edge. So by the time I had them down almost dead I went to grab a kalto and got knocked right off. Normally I wouldn't ever stand in AoE but because I was so worried my companion would get knocked off when I walked away from them I figured I'd see if they could heal me through the AoE also and they almost were able to.

So it's not that I'd normally need them, it's the game mechanic of knocking the companion off and the fact I can't use the support droid because he gets knocked off or knocks the mobs off and it resets that had me taking more damage then I ever would normally. The kalto stations are RIGHT around the edge, I also could have grabbed one right AFTER they did the knock back but at that time I was so annoyed I didn't think about that. :o

I really only needed the kalto because I was eating AoE's standing in the middle because if I ran out it seemed like my companion would follow then get knocked off the edge. So by the time I had them down almost dead I went to grab a kalto and got knocked right off. Normally I wouldn't ever stand in AoE but because I was so worried my companion would get knocked off when I walked away from them I figured I'd see if they could heal me through the AoE also and they almost were able to.

So it's not that I'd normally need them, it's the game mechanic of knocking the companion off and the fact I can't use the support droid because he gets knocked off or knocks the mobs off and it resets that had me taking more damage then I ever would normally. The kalto stations are RIGHT around the edge, I also could have grabbed one right AFTER they did the knock back but at that time I was so annoyed I didn't think about that. :o

Use a ranged companion to stop the companion following the bosses(1). And to improve the companion's ability to heal you despite the AoEs, raise their Influence.

(1) The bosses follow you, and a melee companion follows the bosses, even on heals.

I'd have to say that I've never had any great problems with that FP in solo mode. I'm sure I probably got knocked off a few times, but it's not that bad to have a FP where you actually have to work at doing it. Staying on the "inside" of the bosses is the key.

Btw, this may be just the result of glitches, but it seems to me that, if you get knocked off and it resets a couple of times, the next (3rd, etc) time you get knocked off, it doesn't reset.

This seems to happen in veteran mode as well. Normally, if you get knocked off you respawn outside the door and can't get back in, but if the team wipes a couple of times, after that, when you get knocked off, you respawn inside.

But as I say, I don't know if this is intentional, or a glitch, or my imagination.

Edited by JediQuaker

I'd have to say that I've never had any great problems with that FP in solo mode. I'm sure I probably got knocked off a few times, but it's not that bad to have a FP where you actually have to work at doing it. Staying on the "inside" of the bosses is the key.

Btw, this may be just the result of glitches, but it seems to me that, if you get knocked off and it resets a couple of times, the next (3rd, etc) time you get knocked off, it doesn't reset.

This seems to happen in veteran mode as well. Normally, if you get knocked off you respawn outside the door and can't get back in, but if the team wipes a couple of times, after that, when you get knocked off, you respawn inside.

But as I say, I don't know if this is intentional, or a glitch, or my imagination.

Yeah, after the first time I got knocked off (my fault totally) I never got knocked off again it was the companion or the support droid that did and every time one of them gets knocked off it resets (it isn't so much that it auto resets, its the fact the boss follows them off and then it resets and no matter what when someone gets knocked off the same thing happens).

So since it wasn't me actually getting knocked off I guess I never had the "third time glitch" happen? Not sure on that.

We might be able to give some more helpful feedback if you can let us know which class you're playing and which companion you're using (ranged or melee), what you've got your companion set to (tank/heals/dps), etc. The more information the better.

Otherwise it will be hard to give advice that won't sound condescending to someone already frustrated about it.

It's easy for a lot of us to say "it's easy" because we have max prestige, influence lvl 50 comps, have played every class or most classes, have run the FP dozens of times and don't remember what it was like learning it the first time, can run all Solo FPs without the god droid, etc.

Honestly I find a lot of failures with this flashpoint have more to do with panic than mechanics. There's a lot going on in the middle if you just stand there absorbing all the AOEs and Valk's conal. There is more than enough room in the middle to move around enough to avoid the worst of them with minimal steps. But a lot of people just stay in the middle without moving taking all that and then have to run to the kolto, even though your god droid IS your kolto station. He won't let you die unless you put him in a position to be knocked off. (I know this is hard to control if you're taking the fight to the outsides)

Anyway, knowing your class will help us provide more useful, specific advice. I'm trying to avoid the "it's easy" treatment. Dismissing the droid is the "easiest" thing to do to avoid the bugged resets and one less thing to worry about getting knocked out. But not everyone knows how to survive without it if they don't know their classes' defensive cooldowns or how to make their companion more effective to make up for the lack of the droid.

We might be able to give some more helpful feedback if you can let us know which class you're playing and which companion you're using (ranged or melee), what you've got your companion set to (tank/heals/dps), etc. The more information the better.

Otherwise it will be hard to give advice that won't sound condescending to someone already frustrated about it.

It's easy for a lot of us to say "it's easy" because we have max prestige, influence lvl 50 comps, have played every class or most classes, have run the FP dozens of times and don't remember what it was like learning it the first time, can run all Solo FPs without the god droid, etc.

Honestly I find a lot of failures with this flashpoint have more to do with panic than mechanics. There's a lot going on in the middle if you just stand there absorbing all the AOEs and Valk's conal. There is more than enough room in the middle to move around enough to avoid the worst of them with minimal steps. But a lot of people just stay in the middle without moving taking all that and then have to run to the kolto, even though your god droid IS your kolto station. He won't let you die unless you put him in a position to be knocked off. (I know this is hard to control if you're taking the fight to the outsides)

Anyway, knowing your class will help us provide more useful, specific advice. I'm trying to avoid the "it's easy" treatment. Dismissing the droid is the "easiest" thing to do to avoid the bugged resets and one less thing to worry about getting knocked out. But not everyone knows how to survive without it if they don't know their classes' defensive cooldowns or how to make their companion more effective to make up for the lack of the droid.

I am a sniper, and I was using a melee healer (Vector) but that didn't work at all so I moved to a ranged healer (Kaliyo). Honestly as I said, it's not even "hard" it really is "easy" my annoyance is that I can't use the Support Droid they give you to help (because every time he will get knocked off at some point) and I have to micro manage my companion because they get knocked back and are by the edge and so I have to "passive" then turn off passive because they will just stand there next to the edge. This fight is simply an ignorant micro managing fest and it doesn't need to be.

My Google searches has led me to believe this has been a problem for a long time and it's not getting fixed so it really doesn't matter I guess. The knock down/knock back of myself I can avoid, what is a pain is I can't make the Support Droid avoid it, so at the boss fight I have to dismiss him. I can only so much make my companion avoid it and so I end up micro managing them when I should just be able to fight the mobs. I would imagine with a group of real people, assuming they have any knowledge of knock back and fighting on a platform this wouldn't be hard at all.

I am a sniper, and I was using a melee healer (Vector) but that didn't work at all so I moved to a ranged healer (Kaliyo). Honestly as I said, it's not even "hard" it really is "easy" my annoyance is that I can't use the Support Droid they give you to help (because every time he will get knocked off at some point) and I have to micro manage my companion because they get knocked back and are by the edge and so I have to "passive" then turn off passive because they will just stand there next to the edge. This fight is simply an ignorant micro managing fest and it doesn't need to be.

My Google searches has led me to believe this has been a problem for a long time and it's not getting fixed so it really doesn't matter I guess. The knock down/knock back of myself I can avoid, what is a pain is I can't make the Support Droid avoid it, so at the boss fight I have to dismiss him. I can only so much make my companion avoid it and so I end up micro managing them when I should just be able to fight the mobs. I would imagine with a group of real people, assuming they have any knowledge of knock back and fighting on a platform this wouldn't be hard at all.

I've never seen failure in this flashpoint so much as in veteran mode with four players. There are more people than not that panic in the middle rather than manage cooldowns and use simple movement to avoid the worst of it.

Movement is a little harder with a sniper, obviously, but they are not defenseless in cover.

I know when I brought my sniper through I had to micromanage as well. The "hard" part for me is just the fight reset, which can happen not just from having the companion or droid knocked out. There is still a bug (that hasn't been fixed 100% yet) where the fight resets when your companion or the droid continue fighting the mando that jumps out of the arena. Supposedly they fixed it so the companion will switch to the one dropping down of its own accord, but I have still seen it bug out anyway after the supposed fix was put in.

It once bugged out on me three times in the same instance because the god droid would not stop attacking the leaper. It even followed up to the rafters and wouldn't come down til the reset happened. Eventually I got rid of the droid and it went easier (had to turn comp to passive right before the leap, then back to active when the next one came down).

Maybe someone who mains a sniper could give some more useful advice as to the fight itself to avoid having to run to the koltos all the time.

just ran it (solo) on my sniper. Used a support droid and a melee comp. ran right to the middle and got agro so they stayed in middle with me. finished fight in about 4 minutes, without anyone getting knocked off, or needing a kolto station. the support droid had me constantly filled. walked in small circles in mid, if I felt was necessary but maybe only twice.

Ok thanks for the condescending attitude, but I am talking about the exact same fight, and it was 0 problem at all for me.

This is not a hard fight, losing your combat droid is not an instant loss, and honestly I don't see how hard it is to manage your aggro a little if somehow them knocking your companion off is happening.