*** is yoda anyway?

Killbillagain

ok, so after having worn out my eyeballs watching and rewatching the star wars movies and to an extant Clone wars, I got to thinking..Is yodas race explained or identified somewhere at all?

Old Lucas wants him to remain a mystery, so no. We have no idea where they came from or who they are, just that the species has spawned at least 4 Jedi: Vandar Okare, Oteg, Yaddle and Yoda. The rest is up to our imaginations.

Old Lucas wants him to remain a mystery, so no. We have no idea where they came from or who they are, just that the species has spawned at least 4 Jedi: Vandar Okare, Oteg, Yaddle and Yoda. The rest is up to our imaginations.

^this, currently there is no information as to yoda's species home planet, history, biology, or culture. Heck, it doesn't even have a name we just call it "yoda's race"

GL has deemed that there will never be a name or history for the species and the examples listed above should be the only known members of their species.

Effectively, this is a mystery in Star Wars that will never be solved. We all could use a bit more mystery in this "Galaxy Far Far Away". Certainty is just plain boring.

^this, currently there is no information as to yoda's species home planet, history, biology, or culture. Heck, it doesn't even have a name we just call it "yoda's race"

GL has deemed that there will never be a name or history for the species and the examples listed above should be the only known members of their species.

Effectively, this is a mystery in Star Wars that will never be solved. We all could use a bit more mystery in this "Galaxy Far Far Away". Certainty is just plain boring.

i hate to bring in "other lore" into a star wars discussion, it's just an opening for flaming lol, but I almost think it's sort of analagous to the wizards in the LOTR universe. (astari as they're known) . No definative history or background, very powerful and kind of tinker here and there and help where needed.

It could also be in "lore" that they could be "force beings", physical manifestations of the force that appear from time to time.

When saying we only know of four instances of "yoda's race" were you including

The "yoda" guy we see in consulars story line from the noetikon of science?

When saying we only know of four instances of "yoda's race" were you including

The "yoda" guy we see in consulars story line from the noetikon of science?

Him, the one in the Flashpoint dealing with Revan, Yaddle, and Yoda himself. There might be a fifth but I'm only sure about 4.

Edited by StarSquirrel