The Star Wars: The Old Republic Community Cantina Tour Arrives in New Orleans

CourtneyWoods

Hello everyone!

We’re happy to announce that the next stop in the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Community Cantina Tour will be happening on Saturday, December 1st in New Orleans, LA!

Feel free to discuss the upcoming event below.

If you would like to know more information about the Community Cantina Tour, you can check out our first blog here.

Hope to see you there!

Nice to see you spending the money that has been made from the cartel market on a road trip.

Instead of addressing all the CS issues from the last week, or fixing all the server problems that the harbinger has been having.

Don't be ridiculous, all purveyors of media entertainment have an advertising/community relations budget, they don't take time and money away from development and Q&A to do it. It doesn't work that way.

Don't be ridiculous, all purveyors of media entertainment have an advertising/community relations budget, they don't take time and money away from development and Q&A to do it. It doesn't work that way.

sure, this is all fun but, but better fix ur bugs first, so that we could have fun in game, just as we 're supposed to ... Instead of investing so much time and money on media entertainment, they should spend it on the game.

Wow.

Does anyone here really know what happens at these events?

If not, let me explain to those not able to attend.

The last Cantina Tour took place @ Mister Tramps in Austin on

Friday, November 16, 2012

from 7pm-10pm (CST).

* All though the event was still going on afterwards, we didnt leave til after 11:30pm...

due to us needing to make a long trip back home

We (total of 3 guild members) planned beforehand a road trip to Austin to attend, while listening the the SWTOR music soundtracks on the road. When we entered Mister Tramps, which of course is a sports bar, we were not asked for any I.D, although we were all over the age to be in a drinking establishment. One of our guild members even decided to walk in wearing his jedi cloak. The Cantina Tour took place in the back in the banquet room, which hosted a stage, and 3 "BIG" screens, which was showing different cinematics of SWTOR on them. When entering the banquet room, we were given a few things...

* The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural as annotated by Satele Shan.

(Some people, like me, already had one that came with their SWTOR Collector's Edition).

NOTE: We were handed out the Journals to get signatures in from all the SWTOR staff present.

* (2) tickets for Free drinks, up to a $5.00 value each.

* 1 raffle ticket for the giveaways.

* 1 highly coveted code for an in-game Tauntaun Fawn.

* a name tag to wear. We were asked to either put our first name or our character name on them.

NOTE: The name tags were color coded: Red = IMPERIAL / Blue = REPUBLIC

There was a 37 minute Q & A at the beginning. Next, and every so often, they would do a giveaway. Some things that were given away were:

* A Trooper poster.

* A SWTOR / LEGO Corellian Defender ship.

* A SWTOR Keyboard by RAZER

This was not a simple Q & A, but a meet-and-greet as well. Getting signatures, talking to other players, and staff. Pretty much all staff were wearing their black t-shirts with the SWTOR logo on them, but we also met a good many staff that were "undercover". We met lead writers, cinematics designers, producers just to name a few titles. We had a pretty good time and this was our first get-together as a guild outside the game. We had a fourth guild member that found out too late to make it, but there is always next time. We may not be able to make it to New Orleans, but we will be attending more in the future, as a guild.

For those that can make it, get there early or on-time, and have fun.

Edited by JediCounsular

LOL, looking at the small amount of reactions, nobody gives a damn and rather have the devs work on fixing all the bugs, mem leaks and string code loops that cause crash to desktop, not to mention actually develop content.

I'm sure its all good fun blah di blah etc etc, but resources can be spent better.

Wow.

Does anyone here really know what happens at these events?

If not, let me explain to those not able to attend.

The last Cantina Tour took place @ Mister Tramps in Austin on

Friday, November 16, 2012

from 7pm-10pm (CST).

* All though the event was still going on afterwards, we didnt leave til after 11:30pm...

due to us needing to make a long trip back home

We (total of 3 guild members) planned beforehand a road trip to Austin to attend, while listening the the SWTOR music soundtracks on the road. When we entered Mister Tramps, which of course is a sports bar, we were not asked for any I.D, although we were all over the age to be in a drinking establishment. One of our guild members even decided to walk in wearing his jedi cloak. The Cantina Tour took place in the back in the banquet room, which hosted a stage, and 3 "BIG" screens, which was showing different cinematics of SWTOR on them. When entering the banquet room, we were given a few things...

* The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural as annotated by Satele Shan.

(Some people, like me, already had one that came with their SWTOR Collector's Edition).

NOTE: We were handed out the Journals to get signatures in from all the SWTOR staff present.

* (2) tickets for Free drinks, up to a $5.00 value each.

* 1 raffle ticket for the giveaways.

* 1 highly coveted code for an in-game Tauntaun Fawn.

* a name tag to wear. We were asked to either put our first name or our character name on them.

NOTE: The name tags were color coded: Red = IMPERIAL / Blue = REPUBLIC

There was a 37 minute Q & A at the beginning. Next, and every so often, they would do a giveaway. Some things that were given away were:

* A Trooper poster.

* A SWTOR / LEGO Corellian Defender ship.

* A SWTOR Keyboard by RAZER

This was not a simple Q & A, but a meet-and-greet as well. Getting signatures, talking to other players, and staff. Pretty much all staff were wearing their black t-shirts with the SWTOR logo on them, but we also met a good many staff that were "undercover". We met lead writers, cinematics designers, producers just to name a few titles. We had a pretty good time and this was our first get-together as a guild outside the game. We had a fourth guild member that found out too late to make it, but there is always next time. We may not be able to make it to New Orleans, but we will be attending more in the future, as a guild.

For those that can make it, get there early or on-time, and have fun.

This sounds very similar to the Lucas Arts/ SOE SWG community summit I went to in 06. I had a blast then (no booze then though, just pizza). I'll be there for this one, should be a great time.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello everyone!

We’re happy to announce that the next stop in the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Community Cantina Tour will be happening on Saturday, December 1st in New Orleans, LA!

Heyo, do you think there is ANY way that we can get more than 5 days notice for the next meet and greet/Cantina Tour? It's honestly not very good service to the community when people who WANT to come to the events can't because they can't get time off work because of the lack of notice for the events.

I personally have to drive from Oregon to try to get to the event that is supposed to be in San Francisco, so I NEED to know in advance for this.

Thank you, hopefully this post will get listened to (since the other 10+ on Twitter and 10+ on Facebook to your pages, as well as the post in the community section of the forums seem to be being ignored)

Edited by Incendi

I find it odd that nothing has been announced myself. The fact that everyone is keeping their mouths shut on the date just means they don't want to deal with the community due to the fail that was the first and second Live Stream. Considering everything in the new Add-on Hutt Cartel stuff was announced months ago. Oh and it was supposed to be free to subs, and it was supposed to be out before the end of the year. And what ever happened to the Cathar? The Devs may be trying but they don't seem to be trying hard enough to communicate with us as the community or as the players.

I am getting kinda annoyed at the fact that this continues to happen. Before this game I could swear by the Bioware name. I have played everything they have made. I loved every game. This one is good, but no where near what Bioware can do. Part of me wants to blame EA because they don't want people like me going to the Cantina Tour, because I know the Star Wars lore and history almost better than Lucas himself. They don't want the hard questions asked. They don't want to have the facts slapped back in their face. I know I have posted supporting this game. That wont change, but I will not let something I love turn into EA's new money machine. EA has no idea how to run an MMO. Even though we all know EA bought Bioware because of the success of the KOTOR games and the reinvention of the Star Wars universe.

I am tired of not being heard as a player and a supporter of this game. The live streams were bogus and pointless. We learned nothing about the game or what is to come. Even those that got to ask questions were in both the first and the second. Which I find a little off. If I where to ask a question like, "When is The Hutt Cartel coming out?", all I would get for an answer is that it will be out soon. Or in the spring. I want a date! Not some bogus time frame that can be changed at a whim of the devs.

I understand programing can be complicated, I am a programer myself. So with as many people that work for the company... (EA and Bioware) which is a lot, why is it that somethings aren't getting fixed? Things that I know were reported in BETA?

As a sub I want more for my money. I shouldn't have to pay 30 bucks for a sub card and then add money to my account to help me get stuff I need for my characters to keep up with the F2P players that have bought a bunch of amazing gear on their characters.

Back to the point. I want a date within the next week and if I don't get one I will be mailing EA and Bioware. The fact that we are not being listened to as players there is an issue. Without us there is no game. We have stuck with this game since the beginning. Some of us bought the Collectors edition, others bought the game then the digital version just to get the extra stuff. We have supported and kept this game running. Yet we aren't getting answers nor are we getting feedback. THIS HAS GOT TO STOP!