Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early game access false advertising.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Early game access false advertising.

YurikArkady
12.13.2011 , 04:31 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Isumaru View Post
you're talking like this is a person giving out gifts, it's not. It's a business who made a business deciscion to tell people they would get early access in the order of their code redemption. And then apparently decided not to.

No. I'm talking like they said they would do this and they are STILL saying it is happening that way. If you think it is NOT happening that way, bring it to their attention by going through the appropriate channel so it can be resolved.

In this case, it is sending evidence to Stephen Reid VIA Twitter so he can look into it himself. Because as he posted, it so far looks fine on their end.
Quote: Originally Posted by Telvannis View Post
Grey viable?

All I know is my gut says maybe.

Isumaru
12.13.2011 , 04:33 PM | #42
if you think twitter is a more appropriate channel than a customer service forum then...well i'm not sure what to think

Buba_Chonix
12.13.2011 , 04:34 PM | #43
Blizzard/Activision had to let their employees go home early today as they were getting no work done due to everyone ROTFLTFAO!

This whole thing reeks of unprofessionalism, and I wonder if this game will be good at all?

!0 seconds spent on the forums and it seems to me that all the positive momentum this game had going into launch, amongst it's most die hard fans, has been brought to a screeching halt "in one swift stroke."

Thenoj
12.13.2011 , 04:34 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Alki View Post
People won't post pics or proof. It might cost them their early access because of the error. I have guildies who purchased this game this month and registered their code less than a week ago who are now playing in the early release program.

So I'm here to say that what they said about the earlier you registered, the earlier you start, is a farce.

Bad troll is a bad troll! Stephen Reid even stated that this was not happening and was impossible via his Twitter feed!

Isumaru
12.13.2011 , 04:34 PM | #45
i am looking through twitter now though, i have not disregarded your advice or anything.

Boldyn
12.13.2011 , 04:35 PM | #46
I have a friend who hasn't bought the game yet.

In fact he doesn't even have a PC

And he is allready playing and level 17!

true cuss I said so...

iceveiled
12.13.2011 , 04:35 PM | #47
Funny how when I preordered this game back in summer there was no conditional for length of early access.

It's 2011 though. Expect shady BS to happen with the launch of every EA or Activision published game. Your money is more important than your satisfaction. Sad but True

YurikArkady
12.13.2011 , 04:36 PM | #48
if you think twitter is a more appropriate channel than a customer service forum then...well i'm not sure what to think
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=257

Which of the sections in the faq is appropriate for your issue?

Stephen Reid has asked to have the information himself. You can either send it to him and get the issue resolved, or sit around, do nothing and nothing will get looked at.

Really it's up to you. It's clearly not as big an issue as you're making it out to be if you won't even get it looked at properly.
Quote: Originally Posted by Telvannis View Post
Grey viable?

All I know is my gut says maybe.

Troge
12.13.2011 , 04:37 PM | #49
My dog ordered 3 minutes ago and got in. Umm I have no proof of this. rabble rabble rabble.

SR will need proof to your claims.

Couchmonkey
12.13.2011 , 04:39 PM | #50
you're talking like this is a person giving out gifts, it's not. It's a business who made a business deciscion to tell people they would get early access in the order of their code redemption. And then apparently decided not to.
On that note... where can I get in on the class action suit against Obama for false advertising? I mean he said he was going to do a bunch of crap, and then apparently decided not to. Whats that? There is no such lawsuit? Bummer.