Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early game access false advertising.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Early game access false advertising.

Vadren
12.13.2011 , 04:22 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Emeralddragon View Post
Your fiancées brother is on acid. He must be playing Skyrim with a lightsaber hack. All invites are going in order from first to last pre-order dates.
No they are not going in that order, because I pre ordered from gamestop on the 21st, had my code, and entered into my account all on the first day. I did not get access to the game today. Honestly, I'm not whining. Either way, early access is early access. However, the way this was handled was deceptive, and partial. If you are going to open the servers up, do it the right way and allow everyone that is eligible get in. Staggering the invites is ridiculous.

Darth_Alki
12.13.2011 , 04:23 PM | #32
People won't post pics or proof. It might cost them their early access because of the error. I have guildies who purchased this game this month and registered their code less than a week ago who are now playing in the early release program.

So I'm here to say that what they said about the earlier you registered, the earlier you start, is a farce.
“When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep ... not screaming like the passengers in his car.”
. <--- Fear the Beta pixel!

Isumaru
12.13.2011 , 04:23 PM | #33
It does specifically say, the order of code redemption, but as people have pointed out, it kinda doesn't specify, hell it could be reverse order lol

DarthWalt
12.13.2011 , 04:23 PM | #34
And this is what I have been saying all damn day.

gamingdexter
12.13.2011 , 04:23 PM | #35
I hope by at least tomorrow mid day I will be playing, I ordered as many others months ago and I haven't received anything. I would at least like a email saying you are playing on x date starting at x time, not something like you might get an email and you might not. It's from what I heard totally random and I wish they would at least put ppl in that preordered months ago as well as other beta testers. I am very disappointed that I did not recieve anything today. Again, hopefully will be in tomorrow....
GamingDex

moiraesfate
12.13.2011 , 04:24 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Isumaru View Post
Ok so here is the deal. I activated my pre-order code some weeks ago. My friend had no money to preorder, so i bought the game for him and gave him the preorder code.
This was 2-3 weeks after i activated my pre-order code.
Everywhere i look, and repeated a massive amount of times i see this line
"The length of your Early Game Access period will vary and depend on the order in which your Pre-Order Code was redeemed."

So what i have here is clear hard evidence is that this is not the case at all, My key activated before a friends i know this because i purchased both. Codes activated almost a month apart.
And yet he has access to the game today during the second wave of invites. And my email inbox is empty.
Now i could have understood getting them the same wave. But i don't see how it's possible for the above statement to be true at all considering the evidence i have seen today with my own eyes.

This is a clear case of false advertising. Now i'm not sure if this is the case for anyone else. Maybe other people could share their thoughts. But if it is the case that these early access periods are not at all issued in the way it is stated they are then i'm kinda really annoyed about being lied to.
And lied to before i even started to play.

I've tried calling customer services as i'd rather speak to a human about this matter but obviously the lines are busy and there is no hold service. The one time i did get though the line told me that it would not deal with in game issues. Then it proceeded to give me 4 options about in game issues and a 5th option of other inquires, When i pressed this key it told me to submit a ticket in game....

I wouldn't be so annoyed about this if the darn thing wasn't plastered ALL OVER your site over and over and over.
Not again. Look, game release is on the 20th. Invites started going out today. How is it NOT early access? Because you can't get in right this second? Really? Think about that a little.

DarthWalt
12.13.2011 , 04:24 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Alki View Post
People won't post pics or proof. It might cost them their early access because of the error. I have guildies who purchased this game this month and registered their code less than a week ago who are now playing in the early release program.

So I'm here to say that what they said about the earlier you registered, the earlier you start, is a farce.
They cant post them cause they get removed and banned.

I have had countless warnings for posting proof of this. And I have had 3 youtube vidos porving this removed today.

Setnaz
12.13.2011 , 04:28 PM | #38
Who cares, im going to go ahead and say that there inviteing people by how pretty they are, what does it matter to you, your lucky to even get the option of getting into a game early and you all still would have bought the same f$$##% game if the print dident say 5 days early, ON ANOTHER NOTE they started 2 days earlier then there 5 days early and you all still cry like girls cant anyone just say THANKS BIOWARE SWTOR IS GNA BE PIMPIN and ****?

Isumaru
12.13.2011 , 04:29 PM | #39
you're talking like this is a person giving out gifts, it's not. It's a business who made a business deciscion to tell people they would get early access in the order of their code redemption. And then apparently decided not to.

YurikArkady
12.13.2011 , 04:30 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthWalt View Post
They cant post them cause they get removed and banned.
I think you're thinking of during the beta.
Quote: Originally Posted by Telvannis View Post
Grey viable?

All I know is my gut says maybe.