• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Darth Sidious.

2. Darth Vitiate. (SWTOR new addition).

3. Darth Nihilus

4. Darth Vader.

5. Wrath of the Emperor (SWTOR new addition).

6. Marka Ragnos

7. Darth Sion.

8. Darth Bane.

9. Naga Sadow.

10. Darth Nox (SWTOR new addition).

1. Luke Skywalker.

2. Anakin Skywalker.

3. Yoda.

4. Unnamed Jedi Knight Hero (SWTOR new addition).

5. Unnamed Jedi Consular Hero (SWTOR new addition).

6. Reborn Revan (during KOTOR Revan).

7. Kyle Katarn.

8. Mace Windu.

9. Ben Kenobi

10. Jedi Exile.

Edited by AngelousWang

Darth Bane deserves definitely a top 5 spot, not 8.

Darth Bane very influential and most knowledgeable Sith, but I wouldn't consider him that powerful really.

Sidious/Vitiate/Nihilus are all pretty much the Darkside itself in human form. But Sidious is more knowledgeable the Vitiate, and Vitiate more than Nihilus. Hence the top 3 ranks.

Vader is only 20% weaker than Sidious.

Wrath of the Emperor is stronger than Bara's who was stronger than the Voice of the Emperor. And he is pretty much Vader in every other way, so I would guess he is meant to be on par with Vader.

Ragnos was strong powerful to live and rule and Empire almost as big as the SWTOR SIth Empire, for over 100+ years and only died of old age (almost unbelievable for a Sith).

Sion is Immortal and can only die if he gives up on living.

Bane just isn't OP'ed enough to take any of them.

Power has more to do than just being able to kill someone with your lightsaber. If we're talking about the ranking list by who could kill who, then knock off Darth Bane and put in Zannah since she struck him down.

Darth Bane gets my vote due to his power of manipulation, and in Sith Sorcery. He manipulated the Brotherhood of Darkness into their own destruction, and even when Darth Zannah struck him down, he still cast his soul into her.

Bane was probably one of the best swordsmen of that time. There's no doubt he would have defeated Zannah had it not been for her spells.

Bane no doubt could have killed Vader, too. Vader was definitely not 20% less powerful than Sidious. Maybe before his duel with Obi-Wan, but after that he was only a fraction of what he had been. He had to use the force to help himself walk around in his suit.

1. Darth Sidious.

2. Darth Vitiate. (SWTOR new addition).

3. Darth Nihilus

4. Darth Vader.

5. Wrath of the Emperor (SWTOR new addition).

6. Marka Ragnos

7. Darth Sion.

8. Darth Bane.

9. Naga Sadow.

10. Darth Nox (SWTOR new addition).

1. Luke Skywalker.

2. Anakin Skywalker.

3. Yoda.

4. Unnamed Jedi Knight Hero (SWTOR new addition).

5. Unnamed Jedi Consular Hero (SWTOR new addition).

6. Reborn Revan (during KOTOR Revan).

7. Kyle Katarn.

8. Mace Windu.

9. Ben Kenobi

10. Jedi Exile.

Thank you so much for what looks like a fair list and not stoking the egos of the Revan fanboys.

No Jacen Solo / Darth Caedus in either list?

I can probably understand Darth Caedus not appearing in the Sith List, but Jacen Solo was noted as quite possibly the most powerful Jedi alongside (and in some other ways, ahead of) Luke Skywalker.

Also not sure that Yoda would be on top of Anakin - Yoda's got 900 years on Anakin, surely that must count for something?

SITH

1. Emperor Sidious

2. Emperor Vitiate

3. Marka Ragnos

4. Exar Kun

5. Abeloth

6. Darth Revan

7. Darth Nihilus

8. Darth Vader

9. Naga Shadow

10. Darth Caedus

JEDI

1. Luke Skywalker

2. Anakin Skywalker

3. Yoda

4. Starkiller

5. Revan (Reborn)

6. Anakin solo

7. Mace Windu

8. Jacen Solo

9. Exile

10. Ben Skywalker

Bane no doubt could have killed Vader, too. Vader was definitely not 20% less powerful than Sidious. Maybe before his duel with Obi-Wan, but after that he was only a fraction of what he had been. He had to use the force to help himself walk around in his suit.

Nope Vader is 80% of Sidious, that a Geroge Lucas fact. He may indeed have lost much of his power after his accident, but he had it all back plus some more by Episode 6.

EU Vader wreaks rooms full of Jedi Masters (my favorite Vader picture) as if they were younglings.

Edited by AngelousWang

That's wrong, Vader became more powerful in his suit. Vader's prime was in his suit. He walked into an ambush set for him by 8 Jedi and walked out. He even killed a Jedi Master in hand to hand combat, grabbing her by the throat and snapping her neck.

AS for his suit it was no handicap, he adapted to it, improving his lightsaber forms to make up for the slower mobility. And where do you get that he needed the force to help him? The suit made him physically stonger. To the point that Jedi he fought found it hard to hold onto thier lightsabers when they parried one of his blows.

And Vader definitely was 20% less powerful than Sidious, that comes from George Lucas himself.

No Jacen Solo / Darth Caedus in either list?

I can probably understand Darth Caedus not appearing in the Sith List, but Jacen Solo was noted as quite possibly the most powerful Jedi alongside (and in some other ways, ahead of) Luke Skywalker.

Also not sure that Yoda would be on top of Anakin - Yoda's got 900 years on Anakin, surely that must count for something?

I always forget about Caedus, afterall he was an excellent swordsman and a skywalker.

He managed to wound Luke, who is the greatest swordsman of alltime.

That's wrong, Vader became more powerful in his suit. Vader's prime was in his suit. He walked into an ambush set for him by 8 Jedi and walked out. He even killed a Jedi Master in hand to hand combat, grabbing her by the throat and snapping her neck.

AS for his suit it was no handicap, he adapted to it, improving his lightsaber forms to make up for the slower mobility. And where do you get that he needed the force to help him? The suit made him physically stonger. To the point that Jedi he fought found it hard to hold onto thier lightsabers when they parried one of his blows.

And Vader definitely was 20% less powerful than Sidious, that comes from George Lucas himself.

Dude its cannon that when Vader was in the suit he lost about 30% of his potential. If Anakin had never lost his limbs he would have become the strongest force user in history by far.

Dude its cannon that when Vader was in the suit he lost about 30% of his potential. If Anakin had never lost his limbs he would have become the strongest force user in history by far.

This is true but what the person you quoted said is also true. Anakin lost his limbs, though his potential was lessened greatly, he still became more powerful, not as powerful as he could have been.

Yeah it is cannon that he lost his potential, with the suit he was 80% of Sidious without it it he would have been 200% of Sidious.

He was still no weakling in the suit, he dominated Jedi. Sidious is the most powerful Sith Lord, 80% of Sidious is still more powerful than just about everyone else.

Edited by darth_freefall

Dude its cannon that when Vader was in the suit he lost about 30% of his potential.

This a case of mistaken Math, let me do it for you.

Anakins potential = 200% of Sidious (GL fact).

Anakin lost 30% of his potential upon gaining the suit (your apparent fact, that I've never heard before) = Still possible to become 140% more powerful than Sidious, after lose from suit.

Vader ended up 80% of Sidious in Episode 6 (GL fact).

There is no conflict between 80% and 140%, in fact Vader has allot more room to grow stronger by that estimation.

Edited by AngelousWang

And where do you get that he needed the force to help him? himself.

"Raised in the heel, the cumbersome footgear canted him slightly forward, forcing him to move with exaggerated caution lest he stumble or topple over. Worse, they were so heeavy that he often felt rooted to the ground, or as if he were moving in high gravity.

What good was motion of this sort, if he was going to have to call on the Force even to walk from place to place! He may as well have have resigned himself to using a repulsor chair and abandoned any hope of movement".

That excerpt is from Page 58 of James Luceno's Book Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader.

I'd say going by cannon:

Sith:

1.Darth Vader

2.Darth Sidious

3.Darth Nihlus

4.Darth Bane

5.Naga Sadow

6.Exar Kuun

7.Darth Tyrannus

8.Darth Revan

9.Freedon Naad

10.Darth Maul

Jedi:

1.Luke Skywalker

2.Revan

3.Yoda

4.Mace Windu

5.Obi wan Kenobi

6.Annakin Skywalker

7.Cyn Drallig

8.Exile

9.Satele Shan

10. Ki Andi Mundi

For Vader/Revan, I'm not putting them on top of both lists because I'd say Revan was mainly a Jedi and Vader was mainly a Sith.

"Raised in the heel, the cumbersome footgear canted him slightly forward, forcing him to move with exaggerated caution lest he stumble or topple over. Worse, they were so heeavy that he often felt rooted to the ground, or as if he were moving in high gravity.

What good was motion of this sort, if he was going to have to call on the Force even to walk from place to place! He may as well have have resigned himself to using a repulsor chair and abandoned any hope of movement".

That excerpt is from Page 58 of James Luceno's Book Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader.

OK that's fair enough, though i think it is something he would've only had to do at the start. Prosthetic limbs would be useless if you had to be force adept to move them, so i think it would've been him adapting to the suit, considering how much of his body was now artificial.

Eventually he outlasts Jedi through increased stamina the suit provided him, which i don't think he could have done if he had to continuously use the force to move himself.

OK that's fair enough, though i think it is something he would've only had to do at the start. Prosthetic limbs would be useless if you had to be force adept to move them, so i think it would've been him adapting to the suit, considering how much of his body was now artificial.

Eventually he outlasts Jedi through increased stamina the suit provided him, which i don't think he could have done if he had to continuously use the force to move himself.

The book goes into detail in that chapter and it talks about how the medical droids had used less than ideal metals and alloys for constructing his prosthetic limbs, and that they had cut corners with making sure everything was snug and didn't pull on his skin and had worked properly.

Vader had to use the force largely due to the fact that his suit was not completely perfect, or anywhere near perfect actually. The whole thing caused Vader a horrific deal of discomfort.

I can only guess that later on Vader made improvements to his suit and made it more comfortable, but during the early years Vader definitely could have been taken out by any Jedi that was exceptionally skilled with a lightsaber who also could have proved to be a very serious threat to him.

It also states later in the book that Sidious only viewed Vader as a sort of puppet now, and he only handed out snippits of Sith knowledge every now and then in order to keep him wanting more - but he had no intention in telling him everything once he was in the suit.

Edited by LrdStryfe