Job Board System.

Zhirae

Where do suggestions go? I don't even know.. This is annoying.

My idea is pretty simple. A board similar to the GTN that allows players to post specific orders from specific crew skills, ranging from anything to a supply of a particular material to a full set of armor or Cybertech upgrades.

The GNT isn't always stocked with what you need.. because no one knows you need it.

Here is how I think it should work..

Someone posts a contract for 40 Underworld Metals of a specific grade..

"i need dis lols 40 Xolonite"

People then open the board, look at the listings.. obviously you should be able to categorize. "I would like to find jobs specific to Underworld trading."

Now, the person who needs Xolonite will pop up.. people will then be able to pin the price they feel is suitable compensation for their services. The poster then comes back.. sees a list of bids, picks a price he or she is willing to pay. The contract is then removed from the board and automatically mailed to the person who applied for the job at accepted price. Ideally, players could be given a marketing pad of some sort so they don't have to keep returning to the board to see if they got any bites for their contract. (Apparently texting devices are beyond the super advanced technology of the Star Wars universe.. so we have to resort to fragging mail boxes.. Oh, but we'll carry a holographic communicator around with us at all times. HURR DURR.)

Person completes order, attaches items to mail and sends it COD to the person who needed the services. Profit!

Sure.. it's not really a tight system and I understand that these days you have to childproof everything in an MMO to prevent people from exploiting or ruining other people's fun. So roll the idea around a little. I think it would be a great way to make Crew skills even more useful and apparent in the world you've created.

Edited by Zhirae