SWTOR has failed miserably and missed the mark with the most recent PVP patch

Kwinnjinn

I want to begin by saying it is refreshing to see the surge of new players from the Steam community on the game now. It's noticeable in PVP in skill levels and the lack of understanding in some of the objectives. Some veteran players lose patience with them, but I hope the new players will catch on and stick it out and can withstand the toxicity and negative behavior. Unfortunately the latest changes to PVP with 6.1.2d Patch have to be the worst changes yet.

1. 15 minute penalty for leaving a match early - I can understand a penalty for leaving a ranked match. A person leaving a match in ranked effects the ranking as a whole. Being penalized for leaving war zones seems to punish the average players who are just trying to get their dailies in without getting gang raped and farmed in the process. Some players have families, work, have real life responsibilities. Maybe a person only has an hour or so to play SWTOR for a bit before they have to log. That small amount of free time they have has been cut down now with the 15 minute penalty. There are numerous reasons in game why people leave war zones. Sometimes people leave a match because they are tired of playing Huttball for the third or fourth time in a row. Sometimes they leave because they are on the same team with someone who harassed them from a previous match. Sometimes people leave a match early because they are tired of being singled out and farmed dying repeatedly by the opposing team. Sometimes they leave a 4v4 match because they know they are the target. Or perhaps they leave a war zone because the team they are on is more interested in farming than playing objectives. In some war zones there is a point of no return where the game physics make it impossible to come back to victory. Why stay in a match when you know its already lost? Or say you queue in a game after someone has dropped early and you are on the losing team already. Why stay on a losing team when it doesn't even count toward your daily victory (which I will get to in a sec)?

2. One Victory daily and 10 Victories for the weekly - again you are rewarding the die hard players and punishing the part timers. I used to look forward to the daily two to four (four matches max. even if you lose every match) matches knowing if I won the match it counted as double and get my dailies and be done. Now you can play 4, 10, 20 matches and not win a single match. By the time I have lost the third or fourth match the game isn't fun anymore and I have gained nothing in the time I have spent on the game.

Recommendations for better PVP quality of life:

1. Bannering, spitting, laughing, etc. emotes - Bannering is toxic and rude. It's like urinating on someone after you have killed them. Disable these negative behaviors (at least in war zones) instead of encouraging them. It's supposed to be a game, to be fun, to be a break from reality; not create more anger and frustration in a toxic playing environment. Ignoring a player option doesn't work when they can say whatever they want in open chat.

2. Ability to choose/filter your war zones like Flashpoints and Operations - players have been asking for this for years now. What are you waiting for? Give the players a sense of freedom to choose which war zones they play especially with the current 15 minute penalty.

3. Queue players together by their level of proficiency and the amount of damage/healing they average - Currently in game mechanics there are players dealing billions of points of damage or healing. This is an absurd amount of damage/healing now. And then there are average players who are struggling to do a million or two million points of damage or healing. Group players on teams and their opposing teams with persons close to their skill level of play or tiers (Ex. average 1 mill to 3 million DPS/healing, 3 million to 6 million DPS/healing, 6 million - billion+ DPS/healing).

4. Fix the infinite stunning mechanic white bar flaw/continue to balance out character overpowering - this is ridiculous. I have been at full life and been infinitely stunned to death by an opposing team. Some characters like the Juggernauts are still overpowered even when using a Tacticals and armor bonuses. Continue to refine the balance of player classess in PVP.

5. Bring back the previous dailies/weekly of four matches and wins count as double. Win or lose give the players something to accomplish whether they are new part timers or die hard players with hours to kill playing.

Strongly agree with all your points. Right now I will not waste my time with PVP as it is formatted.

Isn't it enough to grind in the game without having to grind in PVP. If you have bad timing, you can spend way too much time just trying to get your dailies and weeklies. At the very least return to previous settings, but the suggestions in this post are worth serious consideration.

I want to begin by saying it is refreshing to see the surge of new players from the Steam community on the game now. It's noticeable in PVP in skill levels and the lack of understanding in some of the objectives. Some veteran players lose patience with them, but I hope the new players will catch on and stick it out and can withstand the toxicity and negative behavior. Unfortunately the latest changes to PVP with 6.1.2d Patch have to be the worst changes yet.

1. 15 minute penalty for leaving a match early - I can understand a penalty for leaving a ranked match. A person leaving a match in ranked effects the ranking as a whole. Being penalized for leaving war zones seems to punish the average players who are just trying to get their dailies in without getting gang raped and farmed in the process. Some players have families, work, have real life responsibilities. Maybe a person only has an hour or so to play SWTOR for a bit before they have to log. That small amount of free time they have has been cut down now with the 15 minute penalty. There are numerous reasons in game why people leave war zones. Sometimes people leave a match because they are tired of playing Huttball for the third or fourth time in a row. Sometimes they leave because they are on the same team with someone who harassed them from a previous match. Sometimes people leave a match early because they are tired of being singled out and farmed dying repeatedly by the opposing team. Sometimes they leave a 4v4 match because they know they are the target. Or perhaps they leave a war zone because the team they are on is more interested in farming than playing objectives. In some war zones there is a point of no return where the game physics make it impossible to come back to victory. Why stay in a match when you know its already lost? Or say you queue in a game after someone has dropped early and you are on the losing team already. Why stay on a losing team when it doesn't even count toward your daily victory (which I will get to in a sec)?

2. One Victory daily and 10 Victories for the weekly - again you are rewarding the die hard players and punishing the part timers. I used to look forward to the daily two to four (four matches max. even if you lose every match) matches knowing if I won the match it counted as double and get my dailies and be done. Now you can play 4, 10, 20 matches and not win a single match. By the time I have lost the third or fourth match the game isn't fun anymore and I have gained nothing in the time I have spent on the game.

Recommendations for better PVP quality of life:

1. Bannering, spitting, laughing, etc. emotes - Bannering is toxic and rude. It's like urinating on someone after you have killed them. Disable these negative behaviors (at least in war zones) instead of encouraging them. It's supposed to be a game, to be fun, to be a break from reality; not create more anger and frustration in a toxic playing environment. Ignoring a player option doesn't work when they can say whatever they want in open chat.

2. Ability to choose/filter your war zones like Flashpoints and Operations - players have been asking for this for years now. What are you waiting for? Give the players a sense of freedom to choose which war zones they play especially with the current 15 minute penalty.

3. Queue players together by their level of proficiency and the amount of damage/healing they average - Currently in game mechanics there are players dealing billions of points of damage or healing. This is an absurd amount of damage/healing now. And then there are average players who are struggling to do a million or two million points of damage or healing. Group players on teams and their opposing teams with persons close to their skill level of play or tiers (Ex. average 1 mill to 3 million DPS/healing, 3 million to 6 million DPS/healing, 6 million - billion+ DPS/healing).

4. Fix the infinite stunning mechanic white bar flaw/continue to balance out character overpowering - this is ridiculous. I have been at full life and been infinitely stunned to death by an opposing team. Some characters like the Juggernauts are still overpowered even when using a Tacticals and armor bonuses. Continue to refine the balance of player classess in PVP.

5. Bring back the previous dailies/weekly of four matches and wins count as double. Win or lose give the players something to accomplish whether they are new part timers or die hard players with hours to kill playing.

I actually returned to the game after 4 years away with the Steam release and subscribed. But I probably won't be renewing after the changes to PvP.

I hate arenas and now those in regs are forced to either play the hand they are dealt(arena, or worse Odesson) or face a 15 minute time out, after waiting 5-10 minutes for a pop. The SENSIBLE (sorry to use that word on you Bioware) thing to have done, would be to have the 15 minute penalty activate once the countdown to battle begins. That would give people a chance to leave the pvp map they don't like before battle commenced - and we all have maps we can't stand.

It's laughable that after 9 years PvP is in a worse state than ever and I was hoping it at least would have had warzone selections as it was rumoured to be coming.

Such a shame

I actually returned to the game after 4 years away with the Steam release and subscribed. But I probably won't be renewing after the changes to PvP.

I hate arenas and now those in regs are forced to either play the hand they are dealt(arena, or worse Odesson) or face a 15 minute time out, after waiting 5-10 minutes for a pop. The SENSIBLE (sorry to use that word on you Bioware) thing to have done, would be to have the 15 minute penalty activate once the countdown to battle begins. That would give people a chance to leave the pvp map they don't like before battle commenced - and we all have maps we can't stand.

It's laughable that after 9 years PvP is in a worse state than ever and I was hoping it at least would have had warzone selections as it was rumoured to be coming.

Such a shame

"Me, me, me, me, me."

You ever think about the teammates you **** over when you quit? Probably not because ya'll are just selfish. Boo hoo, you you have to spend 2 minutes playing an arena.

"Me, me, me, me, me."

You ever think about the teammates you **** over when you quit? Probably not because ya'll are just selfish. Boo hoo, you you have to spend 2 minutes playing an arena.

Said the troll. Glad to see you're still here being utterly useless as normal. Some things never change.

Strongly agree.

Often i match 4:3 arena so i quit the warzone then i receive 15mins penalty, i was like ***!!!!!

BIOWARE YOU WANT USERS TO GET GANKED BY OUTNUMBERS?? IF I LEAVE FOR THE UNFAIR MATCH ,I GET PANELTY???? WHAT IS THE LOGIC AND JUSTICE????

ABSOLUTELY GARBAGE PENELTY SYSTEM ESPECIALLY USERS 'CAN NOT' CHOOSE WARZONE TYPE and giving so many UNFAiR (4:3)matches

AND for No.4...

Resolve system mechanic need to be reworked for sure.

Infinite stun and gg you are ALREADY die, it is no FUN AT ALL.

Give stun immune timer for 10-15secs after 1stun ...god sake!!!

I'm quitting the game too!!

I think it's unfair that people don't call out incoming on nodes and doors when they're guarding!!

I think it's unfair that people don't focus objectives on objective based maps!

I think it's unfair when a healer doesn't heal me just because i ran out of their LOS!

I think it's unfair that i lose a warzone just because my team doesn't try to win!

I think it's unfair that another player kills me just because i had less HP than them and i wasn't smart about using my CDs!!

I think it's unfair that other players have min/max gear and i dont!

I think it's unfair that every WZ outcome isn't a tie because everyone should win for trying!!

I think it's unfair that someone capped a node on me just because i wasn't paying attention!!!

I think it's unfair that i don't get ranked rewards just because i dont play ranked!

I think it's unfair that i dont get what i want because i pay a sub!!!

make the game fair Bioware!!!

I think it's unfair that people don't call out incoming on nodes and doors when they're guarding!!

I think it's unfair when a healer doesn't heal me just because i ran out of their LOS!

I think it's unfair that i lose a warzone just because my team doesn't try to win!

I think it's unfair that another player kills me just because i had less HP than them and i wasn't smart about using my CDs!!

I think it's unfair that every WZ outcome isn't a tie because everyone should win for trying!!

I think it's unfair that someone capped a node on me just because i wasn't paying attention!!!

I think it's unfair that i don't get ranked rewards just because i dont play ranked!

To be fair, there are a lot of broken things that make the game unfair in lots of circumstances.

Ie, 4:3 matches is a good example.

Bro you clearly don't understand lmao those you wrote are user behavior and teammates selection that users never predict.

However unfair match(4:3) is just matching system flaw which can be better by altering matching system,or just change to not initiate the match automatically if number is not same.

Those were reasons why people quit this game^^ yet many came back since steam launch, the results will be same as you think that stupid way and dev don't change a thing.

Strongly agree.

Often i match 4:3 arena so i quit the warzone then i receive 15mins penalty, i was like ***!!!!!

BIOWARE YOU WANT USERS TO GET GANKED BY OUTNUMBERS?? IF I LEAVE FOR THE UNFAIR MATCH ,I GET PANELTY???? WHAT IS THE LOGIC AND JUSTICE????

ABSOLUTELY GARBAGE PENELTY SYSTEM ESPECIALLY USERS 'CAN NOT' CHOOSE WARZONE TYPE and giving so many UNFAiR (4:3)matches

AND for No.4...

Resolve system mechanic need to be reworked for sure.

Infinite stun and gg you are ALREADY die, it is no FUN AT ALL.

Give stun immune timer for 10-15secs after 1stun ...god sake!!!

Resolve works fine. 2 hard stuns and you're whitebarred for 15 seconds.

To be fair, there are a lot of broken things that make the game unfair in lots of circumstances.

Ie, 4:3 matches is a good example.

Pretty sure his post was sarcasm.

Until you pay for my subscription, your view is invalid.

That's not a valid argument. You paying a subscription means absolutely nothing.

The only thing unfair in game is ranked @ SF! I agree with all the rest, just had to make a point.

Resolve works fine. 2 hard stuns and you're whitebarred for 15 seconds.

yeah that's broken ******* cc mechanic if you don;t see it then you never played pvp game in top notch level where people can focus dps so that 2 hard stun is a joke to kill someone.

And of course, most case scenario in wz(without healer, most match), people die during 2 hard stuns..lol do you think it is fun game and the pvp/cc mechanic give fun experience to players? so how everyone talks about swtor pvp system? it has good reputation?

That whitebar should pop up after 1 hard stun with reduced timer etc

Edited by OnlineV

yeah that's broken ******* cc mechanic if you don;t see it then you never played pvp game in top notch level where people can focus dps so that 2 hard stun is a joke to kill someone.

And of course, most case scenario in wz(without healer, most match), people die during 2 hard stuns..lol do you think it is fun game and the pvp/cc mechanic give fun experience to players? so how everyone talks about swtor pvp system? it has good reputation?

That whitebar should pop up after 1 hard stun with reduced timer etc

How is it broken? Use your breaker on the second stun and now you have 15s of immunity. Getting a full whitebar on 1 stun is absolutely stupid. Not to mention every class has some form of immunity to CC's.

Edited by Raansu

I absolutely agree with the original post. Pvp is once more a chore and something worth avoiding. With regard to the punishment for early exit, it does nothing to encourage pvp play. Now if I'm in a match with tools win trading or who gave up at the beginning and are hiding in stealth, I'm punished. Sure, ideally, I could report them or kick them, but not in unranked where people become fixated on their task or kills in huttball when they should focus on the ball. I get it; it does suck when people drop. Can hurt a team. Or it can open a spot for another player. But now, all it does is causes me to hop to an alt. Usually people drop for a reason. They don't mesh with the team or they don't want to be pummeled by a team of 306 geared players camping right outside the pvp gate. You've had a punishment for early departure before, and we shouted it down.

What's most egregious is now you've deincentivized pvp for casual players. We can't just have fun casually slogging along (yes sucking because we're casual players) getting our weekly and dailies. Now we have to join a pvp guild if we want to casually play unranked? I get pvp is not SWTOR's strong suit, but why raise the barrier to enjoyment? The rewards for unranked dailies and weeklies weren't even high quality. Is this an Anthem situation where you think less reward and more grind is a good thing?

I absolutely agree with the original post. Pvp is once more a chore and something worth avoiding. With regard to the punishment for early exit, it does nothing to encourage pvp play. Now if I'm in a match with tools win trading or who gave up at the beginning and are hiding in stealth, I'm punished. Sure, ideally, I could report them or kick them, but not in unranked where people become fixated on their task or kills in huttball when they should focus on the ball. I get it; it does suck when people drop. Can hurt a team. Or it can open a spot for another player. But now, all it does is causes me to hop to an alt. Usually people drop for a reason. They don't mesh with the team or they don't want to be pummeled by a team of 306 geared players camping right outside the pvp gate. You've had a punishment for early departure before, and we shouted it down.

What's most egregious is now you've deincentivized pvp for casual players. We can't just have fun casually slogging along (yes sucking because we're casual players) getting our weekly and dailies. Now we have to join a pvp guild if we want to casually play unranked? I get pvp is not SWTOR's strong suit, but why raise the barrier to enjoyment? The rewards for unranked dailies and weeklies weren't even high quality. Is this an Anthem situation where you think less reward and more grind is a good thing?

In the past month I've left only 1 match intentionally, and I don't even remember why. Probably just tired or something. Either way, I don't see the point in leaving matches. Suck it up and finish the match.

In the past month I've left only 1 match intentionally, and I don't even remember why. Probably just tired or something. Either way, I don't see the point in leaving matches. Suck it up and finish the match.

When i enter the match it takes a lot for me to leave it, I almost always suffer through it for better or worse. Like I said in other posts, I believe you get better under these bad circumstances it makes you push yourself to survive harder.

I still think the reasonable thing to do is to let people choose their maps, then a deserter debuff is perfectly warranted. If a person chooses a specific map, they have less reason to leave it. I just don't think it's fair to shove ****yt maps down players' thorats and then dinging them with a quitter debuff because they leave a map they dislike.

I don't care if they removed the "bad HB" maps from rotation till they fixed. Some people hate a map for very specific reasons that are just as bad to them as d-sync and other issues in the maps. Let them leave the maps if they did not choose it. This is the best solution, it makes everyone happy.