Author of the Jedi Under Siege

Lirtoo

I saw a few years ago a tweet by Drew Karpyshyn that he was back at BW again, but said the content he was working on at that time would not be released until very long. So I'm wondering if anyone knows if Jedi Under Siege is what he was working with.

No, Drew left Bioware again either earlier this year or late last-year. He had been working on Anthem after helping out with KOTET, then after his job was done he left Bioware again. I forgot the name of the studio he is working for now but if I recall Alexander Freed is also there now. Unless something changed and Drew is coming back or working as a freelancer.

But isn't the material scripted and produced well in advance? I thought I remember reading months ago that Scourge's v/o artist was recording for SWTOR, for instance, and we haven't seen him back in the game yet.

If that's the case, perhaps it's possible some of the writers who left within the year were still involved in this, even if they didn't complete the final scripts?

I am curious to know who wrote this now, too.

But isn't the material scripted and produced well in advance? I thought I remember reading months ago that Scourge's v/o artist was recording for SWTOR, for instance, and we haven't seen him back in the game yet.

If that's the case, perhaps it's possible some of the writers who left within the year were still involved in this, even if they didn't complete the final scripts?

I am curious to know who wrote this now, too.

I guess, I think after KOTET he worked on Anthem. But you do bring a good point about the writing being done in advance, I suppose we'll never know as they don't tend to tell us who the writers are unless its in an expansion where we can check the credits. Maybe someone can ask Mr Boyd?

Normally when its BioWare/SWTOR and Writers I don't pay any attention thinking "I'm sure it'll be great what or whoever it is"; But..........Since the *Reunions we've seen "Things may have changed". The reunions ranged from "It's good but...different" to Outwardly offensive and insulting. The reunions were/are a *Big thing and some have left a scar worse then the absence of that Long Missed Companion. I do hope they think about who does or did this. Cant have any more Train Wrecks and Story is the Epitome of BioWare/SWTOR, this is the one area the quality and after effect is most important. If the Story quality goes down nothings left. Story Dialog should be written with the Player/Companion Rapport and Scene in mind, Not the writers.

Normally when its BioWare/SWTOR and Writers I don't pay any attention thinking "I'm sure it'll be great what or whoever it is"; But..........Since the *Reunions we've seen "Things may have changed". The reunions ranged from "It's good but...different" to Outwardly offensive and insulting. The reunions were/are a *Big thing and some have left a scar worse then the absence of that Long Missed Companion. I do hope they think about who does or did this. Cant have any more Train Wrecks and Story is the Epitome of BioWare/SWTOR, this is the one area the quality and after effect is most important. If the Story quality goes down nothings left. Story Dialog should be written with the Player/Companion Rapport and Scene in mind, Not the writers.

Honestly I think the companion returns are more of a problem of budget than of writing, some had good writing IMO but they were too short. And then the companion goes back to being silent again... again, budget. Hopefully the new companion returns will be more satisfactory.

Honestly I think the companion returns are more of a problem of budget than of writing, some had good writing IMO but they were too short. And then the companion goes back to being silent again... again, budget. Hopefully the new companion returns will be more satisfactory.

As in "Cheap Writer"? I can go with that. Maybe going forward BW will be able to employ more Seasoned writers that understand writing dialog for other people, not their own intentions. A "Character Bible" and taking the time to understand the rapport between the personalities would help there.

As in "Cheap Writer"? I can go with that. Maybe going forward BW will be able to employ more Seasoned writers that understand writing dialog for other people, not their own intentions. A "Character Bible" and taking the time to understand the rapport between the personalities would help there.

I think you've misunderstood my post, I wasn't complaining about the writing. I was complaining about the budget, namely Ashara's return left me wanting to see more of her character, I liked what the writer had done with her character and it felt like she had really grown as a person. What I think I would want is better companion interaction, so not just 2-minute cutscenes and all that. But I suppose they don't have the resources for it anymore.

I think you've misunderstood my post, I wasn't complaining about the writing. I was complaining about the budget, namely Ashara's return left me wanting to see more of her character, I liked what the writer had done with her character and it felt like she had really grown as a person. What I think I would want is better companion interaction, so not just 2-minute cutscenes and all that. But I suppose they don't have the resources for it anymore.

:) I agree with your point, the Reunions were Too Short. It had been years for many of us and these comp's were intended to be important. 2 Minutes seems hardly adequate to *Satiate what had gone through the forums ever since they were taken away; liked or not, they were missed (Not Enough Money for a Fulfilling reunion with every missing companion plus many VA's had moved on).

What I was saying is the companions dialog didn't *Fit the characters. People do change that's a fact of life but Customers/ Players expected these companions as they last knew them. Their dialog was very different (Different writer). There were no "Happy Reunions" and many seemed to have a Point, to convey (like the writer themself does). Perhaps ...... the writer wasn't given enough background information to Resume/ Rekindle the rapport between the comps and players but that still wouldn't cover the issues pointed out often in the forums since the reunions started.

Edited by MikeCobalt

What I was saying is the companions dialog didn't *Fit the characters. People do change that's a fact of life but Customers/ Players expected these companions as they last knew them. Their dialog was very different (Different writer). There were no "Happy Reunions" and many seemed to have a Point, to convey (like the writer themself does). Perhaps ...... the writer wasn't given enough background information to Resume/ Rekindle the rapport between the comps and players but that still wouldn't cover the issues pointed out often in the forums since the reunions started.

Ah, I see what you mean.

But isn't the material scripted and produced well in advance?

A few years ago I read a reply from Drew on Twitter where a fan of KOTET asked if he had worked on KOTET, but he said he could not take credit for that and that the stuff he was working on for BW at that time would be released in a distant future. That's why I asked if someone knows if Jedi Under Siege is what he's been working on. And yes I know he left BW again for another company.