The old nemesis in terror from beyond.

This is my prediction for the returning bad guy for terror from beyond, I would suggest it, but I'm pretty sure they confirmed my theory:

It's Malgus. He would be all for the dread master's revolution! I imagine he'd be with some friends, and even more cybernetic. One can pray for another HK-47 encounter with him.

BioWare is right... He won't be happy to see us!

Kinda dumb it'll be 8v1 though... Eh, none the less, itll be awesome!

kephess died, i have seen his dead body on the ground of denova, i stepped on it, i kicked his inanimated corpse.

Malgus however just fell, i never saw his dead body. Remember, luke skywalker also fell from his first duel with his *spoiler alert* father, but didn't die.

So i agree with OP

I think there are three plausible options.

1. Kephess, he did not die in Explosive Conflict as is proven in the cinematics. He is still a pawn from the Dread Masters

2. Darth Malgus, as he only vanished into thin space

3. Revan, as far as i am concerned he did not die in the Foundry - although I don't think he is the one

In one of the trailer we saw battle with dread masters (all 6 of them, even though we nly see 2 or 3), considering there are 8 ppl in the raid, it would make sence that Malgus and HK would join the fight. The encounter might be like the Infernal Council from EV, but on steroids -> switching of bosses / buffs and debuffs specific to each character / etc.

One can only dream...

1. Kephess, he did not die in Explosive Conflict as is proven in the cinematics. He is still a pawn from the Dread Masters

3. Revan, as far as i am concerned he did not die in the Foundry - although I don't think he is the one

I thought that a really cool idea for the "final" dread masters Op would have a special encounter where you fight Revan and Malgus together. I can imagine them coming to a truce. A champion of the light, and an agent of the dark.

In one of the trailer we saw battle with dread masters (all 6 of them, even though we nly see 2 or 3), considering there are 8 ppl in the raid, it would make sence that Malgus and HK would join the fight. The encounter might be like the Infernal Council from EV, but on steroids -> switching of bosses / buffs and debuffs specific to each character / etc.

One can only dream...

Those aren't the dread masters. They may just be their followers, wearing similiar armor. This isn't the final dread masters mission, there is at least one more after this. However, the HK-51 teaser video said something about them.. And yeah, that would be an incredibly fun fight. What, 6 masters, kephess and... Someone.

Edited by Anysao

I had my suspicions of it being Kephess due to the cinematic but then someone pointed out the Torhead leaks:

Kephess is name is mentioned in the datamined conversations. Also I believe it was planned for Revan to be in1.5 which due to the delays would mean 1.6 I.e 2 Operations away. However I can't find the source for this anymore, its not on Torhead, could have been a lie.

The guys in the trailers are just the agents of the Dread Masters , could be a boss fight but more likely trash mobs lol. I also thought maybe the fat Hutt Karagga may return, if they can revive Kephess they could revive him too. But I think Kephess is a much more likely option.

I imagine they're saving Malgus and Revan for the distant future. It could be Malgus, but it would be wise to save such big characters for the future. Unless they appear, we fight, and they vanish again lol. Malgus could be dead, or he could have survived too. Revan on the other hand is definitely alive since we literally see him vanish.

I think Malgus will eventually be the new emperor like he had planned before, because when the Sith Emperors real intentions are revealed both sides will unite against him. I guess that would be an expansion if this game lasts that long.

Pretty sure that Kephess is the familiar face. Revan and Malgus won't be coming back so soon.

What will really suck, is that it'll spoil it for us in the "lockout" section of our mission log.

Never trust anything on TORhead. They're still preparing for game launch.

I know kephess will come into this somewhere, but BioWare isn't lazy, they wouldn't use the same bad guy twice in a row. They probably wanna use an old bad guy (like Malgus) to prove how much influence they really have.

Im going to have to agree on the possibility of malgus. But i am also open to the idea of Darth Revan. Two Iconic characters who (like Darth Maul) most people think shouldnt have had such a minimal role in their stories and killed off so quickly. Id be happy to see Revan, Malgus, or possibly even Darth Nihlus, Darth Scion, or Darth Trea from the KOTOR series, though unlikely. I just hope TFB comes out asap; EC is getting pretty old.

Hoping for #2 or #3 but I'm guessing it's #1. Watch both the Imp and Republic Denova cutscenes on YT.

Kephess is the new Kael'thas. Bonus points to the devs if he opens the new fight with "Denova was merely a setback!"

And his Death! as I qoute "My demise accomplishes nothing! The Master will have you! You will drown in your own blood! The world shall burn!"

And his Death! as I qoute "My demise accomplishes nothing! The Master will have you! You will drown in your own blood! The world shall burn!"

Kephess won't be In this one... I can smell it. He'll be in the next.

And speaking of Denova, I'll pay a guild 1 million credits on the ebon hawk server if they take me (tank) on a Denova run!

I'VE THE 50-LEVEL-OLD KEPHESS VIRGIN!

kephess died, i have seen his dead body on the ground of denova, i stepped on it, i kicked his inanimated corpse.

Malgus however just fell, i never saw his dead body. Remember, luke skywalker also fell from his first duel with his *spoiler alert* father, but didn't die.

So i agree with OP

Today I had a bug where

Malgus didn't start casting Force Lightning and I started sitting on his corpse. He died today.

as i think about it, malgus has a much too different ideology for me to see working with the masters. revan theres no reason for him not to be happy to see pubs. maybe hk could be token droid boss, but kephess just makes more sense. considering the apparent 'ancient' context, perhaps one of those imprisoned rakata dudes, namely soa or the one from the tatooine planet quests, gets mixed in.

Today I had a bug where

Malgus didn't start casting Force Lightning and I started sitting on his corpse. He died today.

Yeah, there's a sweetspot where your DPS is such that you can murder mr spoiler and scan his corpse for biological problems as it lays flat at your fleet. It's less than rakata and more than columi.