HK-51 Quest & its PVP requirement.

WarbNull

As someone who doesn't care for PvP, I'm fine with this "PvP requirement." All you're doing is hitting up a vendor for some parts. It's not as if you have to join PvP and get a certain amount of kills while you have some sort of stupid effect that goes away when you die (*cough*WoW holidays*cough*).

I expect there will be a few who camp the vendor to kill people coming in, but, for the most part, I expect there will be some order to the deal. And, if not, you can always wait for a while and do the quests later on, after the rush has died down. And you can go do this part during slow hours, and so on.

There are ways to minimize griefing doing this. It's not a big deal.

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If i'm not wrong the Expertise stat will not work in Outlaws Den (just like world pvp) so PvE'ers will have a gear advantage against people who only have PvP gear.... :D

Who says Expertise is only for warzones? I'm certain you're wrong about that.

Edited by RAVM

STAR WARS THE OLD REPUBLIC

As war rages across the galaxy, one small planet in the outer rim has become a focus of conflict over a never before seen weapon..... Sith empire lands a huge invasion force, dark lords to bounty hunters show up up for a massive battle in tatooines outlaw den over the precious item, where things get awkward.... A lone pub jedi charges the main battalion, getting face melted before he could react.

On his corpse the sith discover a holocom of what looks like a republic senate meeting, captured not long ago. The holocom starts to play and all that is heard is not stop shouting, a republic senate quarrel in the process it seems. The sith are scary! Dont make us fight the sith! Oh my goodness we could die for like 1 minute and be totally inconvenienced! Master yoda facepalms, calls up his mandalorian homies and brings the pain to the sith empire in many good times and epic battles!

Or you know Bioware could just move the NPC and the problem goes away completely. PvP servers will still have red-blue open PvP and a lot more players would be happy.

I may not agree with Biowares design choice, but it is their choice. It is not up to us to determine what the quest line should involve. If they put in a design that was broken then it would be different. People sound like children with this "but I dontwana" nonsense. HK is not supposed to be easy to get, and yet people are now complaining about a quest that will take them no more than 15 mins at worst. It is what it is, man up and do what you have to do, and then move on.... Or forgo the quest line in spite, and pout. I mean should Bioware also make the solo players happy by not adding any heroics to the quest line? What about the PVP players? Should there not be a way to get HK by just PVP? Again I ask, what would you do in real life if you were faced with a small problem? Would complain until the problem went away? Or would you just use your common sence and figure out how to solve the problem on the spot?

For the people getting all bent out of shape on this, it'll be OK! You might even like it: for a few minutes it'll add some excitement for you on your cozy safe PVE server. :) Edited by RAVM

I think the real problem is the lack of creativity they put into this stuff.....

Remember the last "dynamic" world event?

Mission 1: Kill x number of these

Mission 2: Activate the switch

Mission 3: Gather x number of those boxes

Mission 4: Activate x number of switches

Mission 5: Form a 30-minute line to use the 1 turret to kill x bad-guys

Mission 6: Kill x number of bad-guys

The race one on Nar Shadaa was actually pretty cool....but I digress

Back to the creativity thing: They can't come up with other ways to make the "Outlaw's Den" viable, which is why we're stuck getting sent there for this.

If they could think of a way to incentivize open world pvp, Ilum would be fixed by now. Instead their logic is "well it's a big open space that we're terming a 'pvp zone', why won't people go there?"

Their fix: let's put a vender there, that way people HAVE to go there, so there will be fighting, right?

A real gamers solution: Place an Area Quest on the Outlaw's Den; kill 10 people and get an XP boost to your legacy for 8 hours.

With the FTP and cartel store, if they gave even a single cartel coin per kill in the Outlaw's Den, the whole server would be there.

This is how you know it's not real gamers making the decisions on this stuff, and how you know this isn't the Bioware that made KoTR, Neverwinter Nights, and Baldur's Gate anymore. Those games were loaded with creative thinking and original ideas and implementation, it's what made Bioware the RPG role-model in the industry. It's the end of an era of gaming losing Bioware to EA this way, and it shows in their product......badly

Its not like your in there for long really... there are 3 venders and 2 of them are so easy to get too. you can walk in and walk out before anyone see's you.. and believe me, no one really goes into outlaws den these days...

Yeah, I didn't even realize people still PVP there. I've never gotten into PVP and don't really like PVP but heading over there once to go to a vendor to get HK-51 isn't a big deal. What's the worst thing that happens....I get killed a couple of times and have to repair my gear? So what.

I am a PvE-only player and have no real interest in PvP. That said, the open-world PvP area requirement doesn't bother me. I'll go buy the parts. If someone attacks, I likely won't even fight back. I'll just keep trying at different times until I figure out when the gankers are all tucked into bed.

Now, if the quest required us to play Warzones, I would not bother doing it. An extra companion isn't exactly game-making anyway.

Honest question, I went to the outlaw's den for the first time and obviously no one had a reason to be there today, but how hard can it be to get? Even if you were immediately killed you could almost get to the vendor with the extra pvp stealth timer. Maybe you would get killed twice assuming you just ignored everyone and just ran.

The responses here are pretty much absurd.

1. PVPers calling the PVE folks crybabies because they don't want to go into a PVP area to get a PVE companion.

2. PVPers comparing the fact that they have to go through PVE content to get the same item, so it's only fair.

3. PVE folks pointing out that griefing will very likely happen, and the PVP folks 100% admitting that they will be the ones to do it.

4. PVPers saying that because someone doesn't PVP, then they don't belong in an MMO.

5. PVPers complaining that all the new content is for PVE and they only change things for that.

These comments are just baffling to me. My responses:

1. HK-51 is a PVE companion (as has been pointed out several times). So, PVE folks shouldn't have to go into a PVP area to get a part, even if it is for just a minute or two. And yes, PVPers, if you want a PVE companion, then you should have to do some PVE content to get it.

2. And complaining that you're forced to PVE too much as it is? Really? That's where the content comes from. That's where the stories and the characters and the classes come from. You want to just randomly kill each other without any of that in a game? Go play a FPS.

3. There are different types of servers for folks who have different play styles. If people are on a PVP server, then they have no room to complain about having to go to a PVP area, since all areas are PVP areas. However, for those on a PVE server, that was a choice. It means that we don't want to PVP when we're just trying to get some questing finished; and if we want to PVP we can hop in a warzone or flag ourselves. Not to mention that several of you have already said you're planning to camp the vendor and actively stop people from getting the item. Which for those of us that have limited time to play the game as it is, so we would want to get in and get the item and move on with the quest, now we can't. Because you want to be a jerk. What you're saying is that you want to stop people from having fun. In a game. That's how you get your rocks off. Possibly because you are bullied in your real life, so you try to take it out on other people in a game. Congrats, you're awesome.

4. MMO does not mean PVP. There are plenty of things to do with other people in this game outside of PVP. Heroics, grouping for fun, Operations, etc. But that doesn't count for you guys for some reason, because it's not PVP, so it's not really MMO content, right? People play a MMO for many reasons. One of those reasons is to just be in a world where other people are also doing the same thing, and to see those other people on the screen. Maybe chat a bit with folks who are also playing. Not just to go fight with/against other players.

5. How many changes have been made to classes as a result of PVPers complaining about how OP one class is vs. another class. So, the devs change abilities, specifically for PVP crybabies. And those changes often have negative impacts in PVE. But no, no one EVER listens to you PVPers. It's just PVE all the time...

Bottom line is, if you want to PVP, play on a PVP server or queue for a warzone. PVE players shouldn't be forced to PVP if they don't want to. Even if it is for just a brief period of time to get one part to continue with more PVE content.

Agree 1 gazillion percent. LOL I would have layed off on the insults but this was prolly typed when frustrated. Pvprs are a vocal minority a Very LOUD minority. If there was alot of pvpers they would have piblicly posted rankings showing off just how many pvpers there really is.

Again Pvp rules and skills should only be on PVP servers. I think if there was a clear line between pvp and pve they could have 2 clients and 2 server types and pvp and pve would not affect eachother.

This games BIGGEST flaw is a ONE SIZE FITS ALL mentality. For example FORCE LEAP should have same effect whether it is used in pve or pvp. This is wrong. the effect on PVP should be totally different from PVE.

The knock back affects in pve should be omnidirectional not conicle. If I got 5 mobs chasing me I want to be able to stun them behind me

Actually, It's more of an issue to me that these vendors can be KILLED. Yes, KILLED. With a few hour respawn timer. And people are already planning to camp the vendor. Kezzit in a PvP area isn't an awful idea, but making him kill able is.

level a stealth class up to about 25 (or even lower, I think I first went to the dune sea on my op when she was about lvl 20 for the rakghoul event)

travel to the outlaw's den at 5 am on a week day (thursday is probably best)

tada... no pvp.

but yes I agree, the vendor hopefully won't be killable once 1.5 hits the live servers.

Edited by amnie

Yeah, I didn't even realize people still PVP there. I've never gotten into PVP and don't really like PVP but heading over there once to go to a vendor to get HK-51 isn't a big deal. What's the worst thing that happens....I get killed a couple of times and have to repair my gear? So what.

you don't have to repair your gear when you die because of pvp... so it's even less of a 'big deal';)

If you don't want to set foot in a pvp zone then don't get Hk-51 he isnt required. Some people are made that "troll" guilds are going to be ganking people at these vendors? You bet I will be one of the people doing the ganking. It isnt "trolling" to kill people in a pvp zone despite what vendor or item may be inside it.

It isn't supposed to be a leisurely stroll through the planets collecting parts like they are daisies to bring home to your spouse, this is an epic quest line likely added this way to ENCOURAGE world pvp. So for every whisper I get from someone mad that I ganked them I am going to gank 100 more because that is what world pvp is.

You going to take HK to warzones?... naa... maybe you will take him to ilum?

Oh, thats right, HK is a PVE item.... :rolleyes:

1. HK-51 is a PVE companion (as has been pointed out several times). So, PVE folks shouldn't have to go into a PVP area to get a part, even if it is for just a minute or two. And yes, PVPers, if you want a PVE companion, then you should have to do some PVE content to get it.

So, which Flashpoints are you PVE'ers going to be using HK-51 for?

(seeing as how Flashpoints are among of the requirements for getting him, and according to you, you should only have to do content in which HK is useable)

(seeing as how Flashpoints are among of the requirements for getting him, and according to you, you should only have to do content in which HK is useable)

Obviously some of the lower levelled FP's with one other friend. That way we can both use HK-51.

Any FP I choose to. See, for FPs, the number of people in a group is suggested. Not required. So, we can bring him into a FP if we decide to. We can also use him for dailies, including the Heroics on any of the daily planets (which are also part of his quest line).

Can you bring him into a Warzone? Nope.

I read a very similar thread people were complaining about it's PVE requirement. You have to do a Hard Mode to complete the chain of quests and it looks like you have to do a PVP. My question is. If they ignored the thread that was the biggest concern for weeks.

I doubt they would look at this one. Just my sincere thoughts. I know one world event they had. I never even started it because it was a "quest line" to complete different quests in order to obtain one goal. I decided it wasn't worth it. Just like this new companion.

Subs should get him FREE. What's point of unlocking him if you have to jump through all these hoops. Are you really getting it for free then. I think they decided to make it harder on non subs to make you want to sub to the game to get the perks when it comes to the new companion.

Again. The subs paid for their content and should get it FREE. We're already paying for content we should got free with free to play. I just hope they change this.

I read a very similar thread people were complaining about it's PVE requirement. You have to do a Hard Mode to complete the chain of quests and it looks like you have to do a PVP. My question is. If they ignored the thread that was the biggest concern for weeks.

I doubt they would look at this one. Just my sincere thoughts. I know one world event they had. I never even started it because it was a "quest line" to complete different quests in order to obtain one goal. I decided it wasn't worth it. Just like this new companion.

Subs should get him FREE. What's point of unlocking him if you have to jump through all these hoops. Are you really getting it for free then. I think they decided to make it harder on non subs to make you want to sub to the game to get the perks when it comes to the new companion.

Again. The subs paid for their content and should get it FREE. We're already paying for content we should got free with free to play. I just hope they change this.

What's the point in paying for content, if you don't actually DO the content? the quest for HK qualifies as content. And you want to just skip it and get handed the rewards? Maybe you should start clamouring for the dread guard mainhand too. That way you can get the rewards for clearing TFB HM without actually doing the content.

What's the point in paying for content, if you don't actually DO the content? the quest for HK qualifies as content. And you want to just skip it and get handed the rewards? Maybe you should start clamouring for the dread guard mainhand too. That way you can get the rewards for clearing TFB HM without actually doing the content.

The Companion is CONTENT.

Some want to level solely on PVP. That's why rewards were offered for extra experience. So we can level how we want to play. Same with PVE. Anything you interact with that's not included when the game comes is content. Some content we want to interact with the same way a person might want do A: PVP or B: PVE.

I for one like to get companions. This is a Story Based Game for me. I'm not worried about getting ubar gear on nightmare mode. The problem is they're offering a companion for a non story hard mode like requirement. They're charging free to play users 600 cartel coins to unlock it for NON SUBS.

Grinding shouldn't be a requirement in order to get to the fun stuff. When you're doing something that you do not enjoy just to get to point B. They should re-think that. We're all subs. Since free to play started we see how much exactly free to play users don't get.

Just saying they chould make him easier to access to people with ALL types of playing style. They sent our founders title in mail and all our items in DDE. Why can't we walk to mailbox and just play this one. Why is that so hard to do.

tlder: Games shouldn't be work. They should be fun.

Edited by DragonAgeOrgins

Whine, moan, whine. Why don't they just give us all HK-51 at login?

/sarcasm

When levelling on Tatooine I visit the Outlaw's Den regularly to loot the crates. I have only twice seen another player there and this is on a PVP server. So no the vendor should not be moved.

If you're really scared go with some friends or go late at night when your server is dead.

Edited by Irongut

Just saying they chould make him easier to access to people with ALL types of playing style. They sent our founders title in mail and all our items in DDE. Why can't we walk to mailbox and just play this one. Why is that so hard to do.

tlder: Games shouldn't be work. They should be fun.

Because being handed things for no work is no fun. This is why people are leaving the game, it is too easy. If you have to face a challenge to get something you will appreciate it more.

Kids these days, you're all spoiled little whiners.

Umm yes it is griefing. If another player or players is hindering players from reaching said point constantly its called griefing.

I rather have to fight through a ton NPC's than face the arogant PVP epeens. They will sit their and keep on killing the less fortunate.

Whats funny is when they get their butt handed to them by a PVE player the first thing they will do is cry nerf. Thats all a PVP knows how to do.

It posts like these that encourage me to grief. But feel free to keep posting here and insulting the PvPers like others here. All your doing is spreading the word to more PvPers that this would be a good idea. In fact I had no idea that this was going on due to me not caring much for the droid. So thanks for the post OP letting me know where to camp while waiting on WZ's, I make sure to spread the word in my PvP guild on my PvE server. :p