They don't care for pvp anymore

Estenvir

From my own experience playing my 50 used to be fun in pvp. However, with that patch that all the crybaby people complained about, they got us 50's in our own brackt. Cool, right? No. That bracket has made playing 50 worthless. No one really wants to do any one the pve flashpoints, and that was how we all passed our time. I think a better solution was to make a 40-50 bracket, or lose the expertise buff in general. Bioware, i hope you read this and ACTUALLY care about your players and REMOVE that bracket, or make better ones. Otherwise, you will lose a lot more players in the coming months, even with the new addition of the other warzone in the future.

From my own experience playing my 50 used to be fun in pvp. However, with that patch that all the crybaby people complained about, they got us 50's in our own brackt. Cool, right? No. That bracket has made playing 50 worthless. No one really wants to do any one the pve flashpoints, and that was how we all passed our time. I think a better solution was to make a 40-50 bracket, or lose the expertise buff in general. Bioware, i hope you read this and ACTUALLY care about your players and REMOVE that bracket, or make better ones. Otherwise, you will lose a lot more players in the coming months, even with the new addition of the other warzone in the future.

So because you can't roll level 10s in full Champ/BM gear they don't care about their players?

I think that's EXACTLY why they put the bracket in...because they do care.

Why? the bracket idea is fine, maybe the expertise bonus is too much.

Anyway why should they change it? so you can kill level 40 easily?

this seems to be a L2P issue

TL;DR: I really suck and was enjoying getting inflated stats killing lowbies.

/agree

Though on my server the damage has been done, if you are a new 50 you are facerolled by those who who have most of their BM gear (which came from fighting lowbies).

IMO Gabe dropped the ball, "lets reward those players who want to grind to 50 in 4 days by allowing them to farm low levels at launch, then let them farm those players for a month." Finally he decided "lets give 50s their own bracket now so those who skipped content and have thei BM gear can farm new 50s with no BM gear."

World PvP, "no population wont matter at all, even though we know the faction imbalance will be more than 2:1, the lower population faction can alway move to a undefended node to cap". We saw how well world PvP worked out, Farm Fest 2012 which granted the high population faction more valor farm.

Personally i feel punished for not skipping content in a story driven MMO. PvP is no longer fun in the game for me, when knowing while trying to get pvp gear i will be simply cycled through the mass number of empire players who have attained BM gear within the first month from facing lowbies. Had the 50s bracket been in place at launch, it would have detoured those wanting to grind to 50 and farm lowbies..

Before responses like "you are mad because you are bad" are said, ask youself this, a crappy player in full BM gear with expertise vs a new 50 with no expertise gear, who would win? Even if the new 50 was an exceptional player he would still lose.

TL;DR Lost all faith in Gabe and his understandings of PVP

Edited by Brutem

On my server, where the balance is so off, and most of the republic is playing sage, the empire tends to lose because of the over pop of healers. So, it's no fun to play against a group of mostly heals Edited by Estenvir

TL;DR: I really suck and was enjoying getting inflated stats killing lowbies.

True story.

OP: sorry you can't farm lowbies with no gear/skills anymore to grow your ePeen and your gear. Guess you'll have to...challenge yourself now :cool:

Here you go:

On my server, where the balance is so off, and most of the republic is playing sage, the empire tends to lose because of the over pop of healers. So, it's no fun to play against a group of mostly heals

I have been seeing alot of sage/sorcs in game. Probably due to the fact they can heal better, a ranged class, can do high damage, ranged with a run speed boost, have a dmg absorb.

/agree

Though on my server the damage has been done, if you are a new 50 you are facerolled by those who who have most of their BM gear (which came from fighting lowbies).

IMO Gabe dropped the ball, "lets reward those players who want to grind to 50 in 4 days by allowing them to farm low levels at launch, then let them farm those players for a month." Finally he decided "lets give 50s their own bracket now so those who skipped content and have thei BM gear can farm new 50s with no BM gear."

World PvP, "no population wont matter at all, even though we know the faction imbalance will be more than 2:1, the lower population faction can alway move to a undefended node to cap". We saw how well world PvP worked out, Farm Fest 2012 which granted the high population faction more valor farm.

Personally i feel punished for not skipping content in a story driven MMO. PvP is no longer fun in the game for me, when knowing while trying to get pvp gear i will be simply cycled through the mass number of empire players who have attained BM gear within the first month from facing lowbies. Had the 50s bracket been in place at launch, it would have detoured those wanting to grind to 50 and farm lowbies..

Before responses like "you are mad because you are bad" are said, ask youself this, a crappy player in full BM gear with expertise vs a new 50 with no expertise gear, who would win? Even if the new 50 was an exceptional player he would still lose.

TL;DR Lost all faith in Gabe and his understandings of PVP

I understand your frustration, believe me, I hit fifty this past monday. I took a while because I swore to myself when I bought this game I was going to enjoy the leveling experience because I love Star Wars more than any other IP and I really wanted the chance to enjoy myself in the Star Wars universe, and I did. I had a blast leveling and exploring. Now, at 50, I have begun the pvp grind. I'm taking care of this now rather than doing pve first because the more behind you fall in pvp, the harder it is to ever make up the difference. After my first week I have all Champ off pieces, no set pieces, but damn, back on monday-wednesday, I got my *** rolled back and forth all day. I couldn't hit a BM for more than 1k with a crit (I'm an Assassin). Now that I have some gear, 2k more health and expertise, I'm started to do pretty well. Any pvp game is gonna be a grind but you and I aren't so far behind we can't catch up. I'm mostly worried about lack of options. Three Warzones and one bad attempt at RvR? Illum could be changed to be loads of fun. I'd also like to see more open world pvp options because it's my favorite kind. If this game doesn't get more interesting over the next months, I'm gonna level some alts for the storyline, and when Planetside 2 releases, there I will go.

I understand your frustration, believe me, I hit fifty this past monday. I took a while because I swore to myself when I bought this game I was going to enjoy the leveling experience because I love Star Wars more than any other IP and I really wanted the chance to enjoy myself in the Star Wars universe, and I did. I had a blast leveling and exploring. Now, at 50, I have begun the pvp grind. I'm taking care of this now rather than doing pve first because the more behind you fall in pvp, the harder it is to ever make up the difference. After my first week I have all Champ off pieces, no set pieces, but damn, back on monday-wednesday, I got my *** rolled back and forth all day. I couldn't hit a BM for more than 1k with a crit (I'm an Assassin). Now that I have some gear, 2k more health and expertise, I'm started to do pretty well. Any pvp game is gonna be a grind but you and I aren't so far behind we can't catch up. I'm mostly worried about lack of options. Three Warzones and one bad attempt at RvR? Illum could be changed to be loads of fun. I'd also like to see more open world pvp options because it's my favorite kind. If this game doesn't get more interesting over the next months, I'm gonna level some alts for the storyline, and when Planetside 2 releases, there I will go.

Just lost my 8th in a row. The reason? Premades with BM gear vs new 50s. Nothing like critting for 1k on a sorc wearing light armor, who has 18k health. Personally im on the ropes about resubbing next month. I bought the game to do PvE and PvP on the side, however with the state of population/pvp imbalance there is no reason for any player to choose the underplayed side other than have a uphill battle. When i choose the it it was because i like challenges, not to hit a wall and be facerolled.

The sad thing is all of this could have been prevented, but instead was ignored.

edit: Getting crit by multiple people for 3k each and going splat in a few seconds isnt fun. Thanks Gabe for allowing 50s to farm gear so they can face roll new 50s whom didnt skip content.

Edited by Brutem