Alderaan Round 2 Changes and Feedback

EricMusco

I Think We're Going to Need a Bigger Deco Cap

At this point I've placed 207 of the 1035 decorations allowed; 9 of 9 rooms unlocked. Although I've used 20% of the total number of decos allowed to be placed; the Alderaan Stronghold is no where near 20% decorated. I think players who unlock all rooms are going to be frustrated by the current 1035 decorations placed cap.

Here's an example, the Stained Glass room where I've placed some decorations.

The other side of that same room, with a total of 5 decos placed there.

I also placed 48 of the small Trophy decorations on the walls of the castle's entrance. No room or outside area is yet fully decorated in the SH. In fact, except for the castle's entrance, very few decorations have been placed throughout the Stronghold, with the highest number placed in the area of the Stained Glass room shown in 1st image above. A few (around 10) in the Throne room, and a couple of decos in two of the rooms off the Stained Glass room. And, these:

Landing Zone. -- Built-in fire.

I'm going to keep decorating, but I think I'm going to use up 50% or so of the decorations cap just in the Stained Glass room. I think the hook layouts allow for a much welcomed flexibility in placing decos. However, the current 1035 deco cap when all nine rooms are unlocked is too low.

An aside, I like the ruins in the Mountain Retreat area.

[/snip]

I agree that we will probably need a larger cap for the area … particularly since it covers such a huge area ! Sooo much that can be done !

As for the ruins...

I rather suspect that the change that we are requesting probably wont happen.

BUT... if there were changes … IMO .. move the ruins adjacent to or in front of the cave. There are some real possibilities there with a natural history that could go with it ! And the area where the ruins are now .. let that be a nice greenhouse with a view over that valley below.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the overall look and feel of the stronghold, I think it would be a great location for my Temple of Light, but the bugs that are on PTS make it not ready for release.

First, the good. I like the additional hooks and where they're placed. That will greatly improve the decorating potential of this stronghold. While some are not keen on it, I liked the killik cave, especially the ability to populate it with killiks (some great RP potential there) with the first preview and the added hooks only make it better. Removing the throne from the throne room but keeping the dais was a good change. It really opened up that excellent view.

The bad. As others have already noted, there are several spots throughout the stronghold where hooks disappear, or pop in and out, depending on which direction you're facing. The worst offender is the hall off of the throne room that leads to the landing where entire parts of the stronghold will blink out. That door that open backwards. I don't know if this is because I was previewing this on the same character that I previewed last time, but I didn't see a single taxi anywhere.

The ugly. The two things that are going to make this an absolute no buy for me are the mount restrictions and the lack of some smaller rooms. You got us with the train, but I will not buy another stronghold that does not allow me to ride a mount anywhere and everywhere. Tatooine is my standard against which this stronghold is being judged. This stronghold has some great outdoor areas, areas I'd love to work with, and some really nice large indoor areas, but it lacks some smaller rooms. Rooms that I can decorate for various purposes.

Wants that will make this stronghold a buy:

• Remove all mount restrictions. Everywhere.
  • Remove the room labels. I don't care of they're on the map, but I don't want them to pop-up when I enter the room. I want to decide the room's purpose.
  • Add some additional rooms. In the main hall, across from the lift, there is a blank spot between two doors, and the lodge still has an unusable door. My suggestion (wish list) would be to add a door across from the lift and have that lead up to two rooms about the size of the Tatooine rooms. Then open the unusable door on the lodge and have that lead up to two rooms about the size of the rooms on Nar Shaddaa or Coruscant. If altering the models isn't on your list of things to do ever, then add an addition stop on the lift that takes you up or down (preferably up, they could be in the part of the castle that is clearly visible from the outside that isn't there on the inside) to an area with some additional small rooms.
  • Bug fixes. Not just those that are specific to this stronghold, but one that's been around for months with no feedback that's it's being worked on: the arrival points. Arrival points in all strongholds have been broken for months (a year?). When are those going to get fixed?

I think the decoration cap definitely needs to be increased for the Alderaan Stronghold.

In addition to what I posted earlier in this thread, I placed some more decorations. I completed decorating the Stained Glass room, and also decorated the Study. I did not add or remove any of the other decorations shown and mentioned in my earlier post. Completion of placing decos in the Stained Glass room and the Study brought the number of decos placed the Alderaan Stronghold to 302 out of 1035.

I haven't decorated the Throne room; the balcony; the two guest rooms off the Stained Glass room; the Western and Northern Lodgings; the numerous hallways; the Kilik cave; and most of outdoors does not yet have decorations. That's a lot left to decorate. I don't think I placed too many decos in the rooms, but that's a personal preference situation.

The Study with decorations.

The other side of the Study, with decorations.

In the Stained Glass room, this view now looks like this.

I've already used up almost 30% of the total number of decorations allowed to be placed. I still have 7 undecorated rooms, plus hallways, plus outdoor areas. Granted, the Stained Glass room is larger than other rooms, but there's still a lot left to decorate.

Please increase the decoration cap.

Bug:

Stained Glass room ceiling -- some light decorations placed there cannot be removed. There's no way to access the decoration hook after placing certain lights. In the image below, there are basic ceiling lights (I was testing which light deco provided enough light to reach the floor of the Stained Glass room). The first two, from left to right, are basic large lights. I cannot see nor access the ceiling hook those decos are on. The far right ceiling light deco in the image has an open base, and I can remove that light from the hook.

Stained Glass Ceiling light hooks.

Edited by Nmyownworld

Something I mentioned last time and still needs changed:

Check the floor hooks in the main hall especially close to the side room. When I use the red aisle runners it goes into the other room and even when I try to move it back it doesn't work since we can only do it 20

You really need to adjust the x and y on these hooks as it doesn't work with things like the red aisle runners and even some large decorations if you want them against the walls. I still prefer free form but I know that will not happen here but maybe you could adjust the x and y.

Something I mentioned last time and still needs changed:

Check the floor hooks in the main hall especially close to the side room. When I use the red aisle runners it goes into the other room and even when I try to move it back it doesn't work since we can only do it 20

You really need to adjust the x and y on these hooks as it doesn't work with things like the red aisle runners and even some large decorations if you want them against the walls. I still prefer free form but I know that will not happen here but maybe you could adjust the x and y.

Agreed.

It seems like to me that this is more noticeable in environments that are larger or more spread out.

First the CRITICAL things --

* Still cannot re-enter the estate from the lodge exterior. The door doesn't open when approached.

* North lodge doors are broken. They open "backwards", meaning to say each half of the door switches sides, leaving the doorway still blocked by reversed door halves.

* There are no ceiling hooks in the two rooms of the north lodge past the broken doors. (Similar rooms do have them.)

* In the north area in front of the estate, there are two sets of freestanding sky light beams, just hanging mid-sky. One set ends near the killik caves, the other set ends near the upper cliffs nearby.

* When you move through the Balcony Overlook hallway, it turns to glass in several spots, in both directions. You can see the hooks and decos, but the wall/floor/ceiling are gone.

* Is there supposed to be a taxi stop with a Thranta? There isn't.

Things that could use work --

* I still cannot put an Elevator Sign on a wall near the door that leads to the elevator hallway. Please add a MEDIUM WALL hook above it, right beside it... or make the Elevator Sign use a Small Wall hook so we can use it in all other strongholds, too. Currently, there is not a single SH you can place this decoration leading to an actual elevator!

* The fish in the water near the waterfall look like they're 1/3 of the way out of the water due to lighting FX. Please sink those fishies a little deeper. (BTW they're really awesome and I love them.)

* There are no plants in or near the water. What do the fish eat? Is the water toxic? There are also no hooks to allow us to place water or shore plants. The shorelines are deadly boring.

* Please make the water deeper, at least in the lake on the far side away from the waterfall. The rock bottom is flat and featureless. It's a huge monotonous area. Give it some character, add hooks, or both.

* Let us mount in the killik caves. It's a long tunnel ride in with no deco hooks. Let us zoom past it, please.

* There aren't any killik Personnel decorations. There's this amazing killik-themed cave... what did you intend for us to do with it?

* Add small hooks to the sides of the bridge, so we can put lights or banners.

* Remove the red estate entry rug. It's right next to a rug hook. Replace it with another rug hook or just leave that place blank.

* We could use a couple of hooks immediately outside the mouth of the killik cave. Some place to put lights, warning beacons, plants, etc.

* Stop the room names from popping up. I don't want to be stuck decorating those rooms with those themes. It's going to be really confusing if Guest Quarters is a science lab or Sith torture chamber, no?

Things that would be nice --

* There is a door facing west on the exterior of the lodge. It doesn't open. Add that tiny room everybody seems to want?

* Please add another elevator stop. A really high tower room or rooftop where we can take in the amazing view, board a ship we've landed, etc.

* Change the terrain surrounding the two huge hooks down the cliff from the ruins. Make it look like there's a path leading from those hooks into the cliff wall. That way, we can place ships or tech items there, and it looks like there's a way to reach them (even if we don't have a way to reach them). But even better, make a lift that takes us down there.

* The various Alderaan house banners are different sizes. They look really strange next to each other on the wall. All the Imperial-aligned banners are the same size. Perhaps the Republic ones could get a little scaling TLC. Also, we don't yet have all the House's banners as decorations. This seems like a great time to add them.

Things that are excellent changes --

* I love the thrantas flying in the sky and the fish!

* I love the new, detailed killik cave interior and the sound FX.

* Awesome job adding more windows and views! I love the mountain landscape, now I get to see more of it.

* Great hook additions, especially on the lodge exterior, raised platform near the killik caves, front of the estate, etc.

* Love the improved view in the Throne Room. Great job!

* Thanks for taking out the vendors. I hope you'll release them as Personnel so we can still have them... elsewhere.

Edited by Xina_LA

[b

* There aren't any killik Personnel decorations. There's this amazing killik-themed cave... what did you intend for us to do with it?.

There is a artifact of sorts right at the entrance, in the Killik cave you can click on that gives you a choice of light, heavy or no killacks. If you chose light or heavy it puts killack workers in the cave. You will notice it when you hover over it with your mouse (provided you are not on edit for decorations) and it will light up. Should be right across from the eggs when you first walk into the cave.

Edited by casirabit

Bug report.

My healer companion, Risha, uses the Repair Droid weapon tuning. All the time I'm in and around the Alderaan Stronghold, the small droid that's supposed to only appear when Risha draws her weapon (heals) is floating about 20 to 25 feet above Risha.

That is, as long as the weapon is equipped. I removed her weapon, a blaster rifle, and it was replaced in inventory by some pistol she can't equip.

This was my first Foray into this Stronghold, and I really love it. I love the stained glass room and the windows. The views are amazing! I do have some critiques:

1. Please allow mounts everywhere. This is important for decorating as things go much faster.

2. Drawing room and Guest room need windows. If you can't do real windows, put stained glass windows in there.

3. There is a broken door in the mountain retreat. https://imgur.com/4Fbx4Oo

4. There are a lot of pre-hung chandeliers that I would prefer to be replaced with ceiling hooks. https://imgur.com/r3b8okI

5. Second Floor - Use the same elevator as the mountain retreat to get there. Knock out the bricks in the top area to create a balcony. https://imgur.com/kTtlZKe

6. Get rid of the exhaustion zones and death drops, please.

7. The entrance looks run down. https://imgur.com/i3q3tAe Add some cobblestones to the walk and clear out the rocks. Add deco hooks so we can put gardens in and make it look nice. Also, if there is grass on the ground, there shouldn't be so much snow buildup on the building.

Edited by Brayla_Sana
Added stuff

Personally I like the Killik Cave and being able to "control the population" there.

However as others have mentioned the inability to mount up is pretty annoying.

Also, didn't see any taxi anywhere.

Kind of confusing that it looks multistory from the outside but the only "elevator" takes you to the mountain retreat, instead of to a second floor or basement.

I like the ruins, but it would be nice if you could get up to the top of them, like you can in Yavin.

Not sure that I like being able to decorate at the bottom of the waterfall, but not being able to travel there.

Also, we will definitely need some form of Thranta mount now.

Edited by TheChervil

I'm going to get into specifics about hooks and bugs/suggestions lower down (see all the spoiler categories broken down by SH area), but I absolutely must lead with this reminder:

Please please please please PLEASE address the stronghold cap!!!! Both personal, and for guilds. Since the merge I have been unable to unlock Rishi because I would have to sacrifice 12 strongholds, many of which have been fully, lovingly, and painstakingly decorated. Since your system does not give us the option to save layouts, if we want to preserve our work the only option is to not delete our strongholds.

I and others have suggested ad nauseum for years that you make a stronghold slot unlock purchase on the Cartel Market that allows people to buy additional stronghold slots over the soft cap (just like with character slots!), and enable the purchase of duplicate strongholds. NOW is the time to do this. RISHI was the time to do this, but you are guaranteed with the Alderaan release to start hitting more people who are at cap. The merge proved we can have up to 35 strongholds. Impose a hard cap if you must, but we know that 10 is not that hard cap.

For me, Alderaan may be the last straw. I have logged into the game less this year than at any time since beta, and strongholds concerns being ignored (cap, a freakin' increase to the X/Y axes, broken decos, etc) has been an enormous part of this. I would love to have Rishi. I would love to have Alderaan. I continue to provide extensive feedback in PTS and all the time on decorating issues, but my willingness for that is fading; there is nothing more demoralizing than loving something this much and getting total radio silence as to why I should be excluded from playing with all the new content.

Ok... that being said... feedback!

General Issues

:sy_lightside:We need to be able to mount throughout the whole stronghold. Still. Find wherever in the code this is buried and murder it.

:sy_lightside:The Northern and Western lodgings seem to be misnamed relative to their positions on the map.

Hook Suggestions/Issues

I did see some hook suggestions from the first round implemented - thank you! But there are still some very critical ones remaining.

I didn't make screencaps because this already took hours, but if I see a dev post in the thread suggesting that screencaps would be helpful I'll take the time to add them. ;) (I hope the stronghold cap is raised so that my time isn't wasted like it was with Rishi, extensively screencap-feedbacking a SH I was never able to own!)

In the Killik Grounds cave:

• Replace the first Large (the one flanked on two sides by three Mediums) with a Centerpiece.
  • Swap the stand-alone Medium Narrows on the interior side of the Larges over to the exterior side of the Larges, since that is where the bigger open space gap is.
  • Remove every single stand-alone Small green hook in this cave and replace it with a Medium Narrow. Enforced stand-alone greens are completely awful in any space where a larger hook would fit. Remember that we can break a Medium Narrow down into two Smalls if we want to.
  • If you need to open up more hooks in this SH for performance reasons, I would suggest taking out some of the Mediums in the back corner turn of this cave (the west side curve), as this is a very unusual space that won't lend itself well to being so densely packed with decos; if you were to have about half of those Mediums and just space them out a bit you could open up more hooks to use elsewhere.
  • We need some hooks in the top North nook of the cave. It feels like a destination, and right now we can't do anything with it at all. A Medium up there and preferably a couple Medium Narrows along the way up that passage would be good.

In the Noble Estate exterior section:

• Along the path up to up to the campfire and the terminal for opening the cave, a couple Mediums along the path by the trees, if the terrain level allows, would be great to allow us to put torches or lamps along the way.
  • In the middle area of the Noble Estate exterior (just south of the Interior entrance and in the middle of the map) there's another large section of enforced stand-alone Mediums. Destroy it!!!! Enforced smaller hooks where larger ones would fit is always terrible. Transform every 4x4 Medium grid into Large hooks. You can leave the spacing of the remaining stand-alone Mediums a little distant from the Larges, that's a good thing.
  • In the same area as the above point, at the end of that little passage/rise, put a Medium hook right at the ending cul-de-sac.
  • I would suggest putting a few hooks out in the water of many of the major water spaces of the exterior. Torches, statues, and especially animals (both deco and mount) would look great out in the water.
  • I would also suggest putting some hooks right adjacent to many of those water bodies. Again, if you're using this space for animals, what's more natural than animals getting a drink at the edge of the water?
  • I suggest putting a Medium Narrow hook at the curve of each new staircase banister leading up to the entrance. Those are key spots for putting things like banners or lights.
  • MORE hooks on the entrance platform where the quick travel and cinematic terminals are. I see that two smalls were added, but unless there's some hidden reason that's prevent more, please put more. Give us some Mediums here.

In the Noble Estate Interior:

• There are no hooks on the wall right over the central pedestal at the entrance door (the pedestal and wall you are facing as you walk in the front door). I can't think of a more critical place to advertise with a banner or light the theme of the place you're entering. We must get a Large wall hook here. (Also, the yellow dome light on the base of that pedestal at the entrance is off center, please have the maintenance guy come round and knock it with a hydrospanner until it's centered.)
  • On the inside wall section of the entry-way circle (character facing east), there are two separated Large wall hooks. This is bad. Please make this a side-by-side locked grid of two Larges, the kind that can be broken down into one central Large with periphery or a grid of four Mediums (you use this other hook template all over this room). It's vital that we be able to CENTER banners in spaces like these, which we cannot do when Larges are enforced separate. (This is a serious problem in other SHs as well, particularly the guild flagships.)
  • In this same entryway circle, put some Medium Narrows along the walls on that interior side.
  • Every single instance of enforced separate side-by-side Small hooks in this room needs to be converted into a Medium Narrow. Every one. (Where the space exists for it, and in most instances it does.) Enforced single Smalls are universally terrible in any space that can accommodate something larger. You see this sin repeated all over this central Interior room. The following are just some examples of where, but someone needs to take the time to check every standalone small for this issue, I can't emphasize enough how limiting and frustrating this is (and we've been calling it out since Manaan!!!). Some example locations: To the sides of doorways, on top of wall pedestals, the rows in the center of the room both in the window reflection and branching off of the wall pillars, the T shapes at the back of the room, and the 4x4 grids.
  • For that matter, why is the exact center of the room the only place in this room devoid of hooks??? This is almost for sure where we will want to feature key decos??? At minimum please annihilate that useless row of small hooks and put some Mediums in here???
  • If you need to clear up hooks to add them in other locations, I recommend removing the Large hooks that are highest up on the walls by the ceiling of the Interior hall. Any decos placed up there will be almost indistinguishable and no lights will cast their effect that far. Keeping the hooks in the arches is good, but those higher up are unnecessary and you could make better use of limited hooks elsewhere.
  • Add ceiling hooks to the mall ceiling sections running the wall length of the Interior hall. Creating pools of light or spotlights in these segments would help us customize this room.

Drawing Room

• Every single enforced stand-alone Small green on the floor needs to be converted to a series of Medium Narrows.
  • The grids of 4x4 enforced Smalls on the South wall need to be converted to a Medium wall hook.

Throne Room

• Thank you for the addition of Small floor hooks in the corridors leading to the Throne Room. Is there any reason those can't be Medium Narrows? If there is, Smalls are better than nothing, but please keep in mind the majority of furniture decos require a Medium Narrow, so Narrows would be much better.
  • Also in the corridors leading to the Throne Room, it looks like there's supposed to be a second Flooring hook that's missing in both corridor stretches. Right now, if we were to lay down rugs, they would just be very oddly placed at one end of the corridor.
  • In the Northeast corner turn/square, you can save some hooks by just eliminating those 3 enforced stand-alone Small floor hooks, they're pointless, we can make smalls by breaking down the Mediums. Or just convert this into a single Medium Narrow.
  • In the Throne Room itself, on the dais, if you do not want to put a Large hook on that plaform (I can see it would overhang the edges all around, I think that's still fine because too many decos locked to Large hooks should rightfully be on Mediums anyway), then please at least make this three side-by-side Mediums. Keep the two Smalls toward the front. How are we supposed to put King/Queen thrones up here with only one hook?
  • In the Throne Room itself, on the West wall, please add some wall hooks in that top section of wall.
  • In the Throne Room, thank you for giving us the option to use our own light decos on the ceiling. However, since it seems like you can make ceiling hooks clip through the assets (the arches)... why oh why didn't you put a light hook in the middle? Without one in the middle we can't center place anything. Or ideally three snug up in a row would be best.

Balcony Overlook

• The North archway, right above the entrance door to this area, needs a Small wall hook.
  • As with all corridors, if these Small floor hooks could be converted to Medium Narrows that would be lovely.
  • The stairs in the lower (running east-west) corridor needs a Medium wall hook on each side. That's the darkest stretch of corridor and an ideal place for us to put lights or wall art.
  • On the balcony, anywhere that enforced stand-alone side-by-side Small floor hooks have the space to allow them to be converted to a Medium Narrow, please do so, even if that makes it not symmetrical. Looking at this more carefully, I can see that in many of these oddly shaped places a Narrow might not fit, and I get that, but I can't emphasize enough how frustrating enforced Smalls are, so wherever they can be squeezed in please do so. :)
  • BUG: This is new with this version of the PTS. When in editing mode int he Throne Room corridor leading to the balcony, when I swing the camera around the hooks all disappear.

Study

• The whole row of enforced Small floor hooks in the center of this room needs to be converted into a row of Medium Narrows.

Guest Chambers

• The whole row of enforced Small floor hooks in the center of this room needs to be converted into a row of Medium Narrows.
  • The grids of 4x4 enforced Smalls on the North wall need to be converted to a Medium wall hook.

Mountain Retreat

• By the North entrance to this area, add a Medium to each side of the door.
  • Add Medium wall hooks to the center of each wall section in the area of staired levels leading to the central courtyard space.
  • If you need to open up hooks, I would suggest changing the row of 3 Medium floor hooks at the top of each of the above-mentioned half-wall sections and just making those two more spaced out Mediums. It's good to have hooks there, but this isn't so critical an area that it should deprive us of having more hooks in a lot of the barren open spaces deeper in.

Western Lodging (as currently mis-named, it is the room accessed via the north of the map)

• Thank you for the Small hooks, please make these Narrows if at all possible.
  • Please give another cookie to whoever laid the hooks for the main room of the Western Lodging, THIS is how good hook coverage should look and it's worth calling out a second time. :) No enforced Smalls where something bigger could fit. Multiple options for Flooring hooks. Solid coverage. Medium wall hooks wherever they can be smushed in. If it's the same person who did this room as all the rest, please point out that THIS room is an example of their better work. If it's a different person, please have THIS person give guidance to everyone else or do a pass of the other rooms.
  • BUG: The door connecting the Western/Northern Lodging corridors opens in an add way and then gets stuck, so that avatars cannot pass through.

Northern Lodging (as currently mis-named, it is the room accessed via the west of the map)

• The second pair of 'facing' pedestals in the corridor, the wall hooks across from each other need to be closer to a match. There's a wall space that looks like it's missing a Large hook, for example.
  • The corridor intersection (adjoining the room on the North side) needs to have a Large floor hook right under the Flooring hook. This is a perfect spot for something like a statue or a fountain.
  • North room in the Northern Lodging wing: The whole row of enforced Small floor hooks in the center of this room needs to be converted into a row of Medium Narrows.
  • Still in the north room in the Northern Lodging wing: We have no ceiling hook options in this room.
  • South room in the Northern Lodging wing: The Small floor hooks to either side of the door should be Medium Narrows, and this room is also entirely missing ceiling hooks.

Edited by JediBoadicea

Ummm.. just a few more points on SH....

1. The ambient sound (the wind in particular) … might be a bit loud outside... BUT IMO .. inside it should be dialed down quite a bit !

2. Hooks from the balcony to the throne room ??? either they are disappearing … OR .. they're not there at all ??

3. Hooks in the cave??? almost non existent… need more !! (frankly this cave needs to be something that is much more interesting … not the bug cave ! (sorry .. I really hope this is changed to something more positive !)

4. Several have already mentioned the broken door in the mountain retreat in the hall way between the two entrances.

(BTW.. it should be noted that that hallway could EASILY house a location for either a stairway or elevator up to that really nice central structure in the middle that over looks most (if not all) of the area (3rd floor anyone ??)

5. The stream out side the main building (Noble Estate) … being shallow for the most part is fine. I've done trout fishing in many streams like that... Kind of work it over just a bit with a few "deep spots" or natural pools. The fish probably should be actually under water a bit more (fins and partial bodies are sticking out in many cases).

ALSO: the stream ends with no way out ??? It's just a bit odd. No deep pool that might have an underground outlet … nada !! It just ends ! Just a bit strange to me personally. I'm sure the team can fix that easily.

AND PLEASE … pretty please … move the ruins to the cave in front of the entrance (or close by) … tie it into that area as a historical land mark of a sort … and place a really nice glassed in greenhouse in the place of the current location of the "ruins". The view from there should be super !!!

(What ????… did you really think I'd pass up one more chance to plug for the greenhouse ??)

;)

Edited by OlBuzzard

Ummm.. just a few more points on SH....

1. The ambient sound (the wind in particular) … might be a bit loud outside... BUT IMO .. inside it should be dialed down quite a bit !

2. Hooks from the balcony to the throne room ??? either they are disappearing … OR .. they're not there at all ??

3. Hooks in the cave??? almost non existent… need more !! (frankly this cave needs to be something that is much more interesting … not the bug cave ! (sorry .. I really hope this is changed to something more positive !)

4. Several have already mentioned the broken door in the mountain retreat in the hall way between the two entrances.

(BTW.. it should be noted that that hallway could EASILY house a location for either a stairway or elevator up to that really nice central structure in the middle that over looks most (if not all) of the area (3rd floor anyone ??)

5. The stream out side the main building (Noble Estate) … being shallow for the most part is fine. I've done trout fishing in many streams like that... Kind of work it over just a bit with a few "deep spots" or natural pools. The fish probably should be actually under water a bit more (fins and partial bodies are sticking out in many cases).

ALSO: the stream ends with no way out ??? It's just a bit odd. No deep pool that might have an underground outlet … nada !! It just ends ! Just a bit strange to me personally. I'm sure the team can fix that easily.

AND PLEASE … pretty please … move the ruins to the cave in front of the entrance (or close by) … tie it into that area as a historical land mark of a sort … and place a really nice glassed in greenhouse in the place of the current location of the "ruins". The view from there should be super !!!

(What ????… did you really think I'd pass up one more chance to plug for the greenhouse ??)

;)

Lol, like the plug for the greenhouse so +10000

So I spend 10 hours decorating past weekend, and I have to once again restate there are not enough rooms.

The way I see it we need a bare minimum of 3-4 more. Atm, I have to choose between a barracks and an armory. A lab or a medical bay, a security office, a spa, let alone a cantina or an operations center (like Rishi’s carrier bridge). A meeting room, a map room/library.

We need that second floor, if it’s too difficult to rework the grand hall to make that 2 story then please consider adding another stop in the elevator to another floor with a corridor and 5 rooms. 2 rooms on each side of the corridor for a total of 4 that can be copies of the existing rooms of the grand hall. And a 5th larger room (and I’m talking as big as the Rishi carrier bridge). This area wouldn’t need windows (you can even put it in the basement) and can copy existing elements already done on the stronghold, the 4 smaller rooms are for the sake of argument copy-pastes followed by the larger room.

As for placement, another elevator stop would be one option. Another I feel I should mention is right across from the corridor the elevator is in, which could serve as another door leading to this new section.

Now to expand a little, in the large room. Ideally, it would have 3 centerpiece hooks at the center, and 8-12 large hooks to the sides of those, 6 on either side. Large wall hooks to the sides for monitors and room for medium hooks between the large and centerpiece hooks, a bit like Yavin’s big temple.

Edited by Asunas

Round 2 part 2:

* Need to be able to place more decorations in the stronghold.

* Need a Large hook on the throne platform in the Throne Room.

* People want a small room. How about putting it behind that side lodge door that doesn't open?

* People need a large room with a high ceiling (and no stained glass) to use with the tech Ceiling items and long hanging lights. How about adding one more room, high up with a view, that we access via the Elevator? Cal lit a Grand Ballroom if you like.

Personally, I like the ruins in the back. It feels like... hey we left a little of the old estate behind when we rebuilt. It gives the place a sense of history. Also, this isn't the main building of a House of Alderaan, so while the other estates may not have ruins, I don't see it as theme-breaking that this one does. If it moves, that's fine, too.

Edited by Xina_LA

3 more bugs

Northern Lodging central floor hook, whatever you put down there, it doesn't show. No tiles, no carpet, nada.

The corridor right outside Northern Lodging some Alderaan floor medallions don’t show properly, as you can see in the screenshot below I placed 2 in the same corridor for comparison, one to the back is fine, the one In the front is not. There are no elevations to account for this.

https://imgur.com/43veVSH

Taking a look out the window and you can see the door and any deco's you placed there.

https://i.imgur.com/r7CXB5F.png

I also thought I’d include a picture of the now-famous bugged door.

https://i.imgur.com/gvOwmm3.png

Places for additional hook placement

Northern Lodging also has one corner that doesn’t have a small hook, all the others do but this one is the only one left out. Can we remedy this please?

https://i.imgur.com/HodWiLN.jpg

There are currently no hooks on the bridge or before it on either side. This would be a perfect spot for banners, guards, lights, twi’lek dancers, please add some medium-rare or medium hooks here, please.

https://i.imgur.com/QOa6JeV.jpg

At the front of the staircase towards the entrance, there are currently no hooks, I believe both on the ground as on the elevated railing we would benefit from some medium narrow hooks and a medium one on the ground in the middle.

https://i.imgur.com/etVS9gl.png

Same here, medium narrow hooks where the arrows are, why medium narrow and not small, keeping the options open, a lot of deco’s need at least medium narrow to work, and we can convert them to small. This essentially goes for the whole front stairway to the entrance, medium narrow

https://i.imgur.com/FsSfHDm.png

Don’t get me wrong, If there was ever a stronghold where less can be more it’s this one, excellent architectural details, but to me places like this need hooks, I want the option. 2 plants to the side for example. This place could use some medium hooks. A floor hook wouldn’t be a bad idea either, think of how nice a tile would be there to cover some of that concrete.

https://i.imgur.com/kw2Tvfs.png

Not a single hook in sight. Medium hooks would be welcome along the road, medium narrow, or small hooks would be an asset in the water, won’t someone please think of my Giz’ka!

https://i.imgur.com/E1lngV9.jpg

My Agent and troopers would approve of centerpiece hooks here, just sticking out a little to be clickable. I always imagined a valley with such an esteemed/reviled resident would need to be well defended. You could put anti air turrets or other weaponry here, rakata ruins, a training arena, the list goes on. These areas already look fairly flat so adding a hook should be doable no?

https://i.imgur.com/hos9LlW.jpg

A popular request, this place could use a large wall hook.

https://i.imgur.com/9bZ31Vs.jpg

And PS: We still need more rooms, 4+ :D

Edited by Asunas

I definitely think that there should be more arrival points to some of the key rooms. Would hate to have a huge walk to my favorite room every time I go to my stronghold! Specifically, the overlook adjacent to the throne room, the throne room itself, and the big rooms in the mountain retreat building.

I also wouldn't mind having a starship hook option in that HUGE open area for the mountain retreat.

Other than that, the stronghold is gorgeous. Very well done, devs!

I definitely think that there should be more arrival points to some of the key rooms. Would hate to have a huge walk to my favorite room every time I go to my stronghold! Specifically, the overlook adjacent to the throne room, the throne room itself, and the big rooms in the mountain retreat building.

I also wouldn't mind having a starship hook option in that HUGE open area for the mountain retreat.

Other than that, the stronghold is gorgeous. Very well done, devs!

I agree with the point of multiple arrival points.

1. Throne room

2. Just outside of the main building in the "estate" entrance.

3. The large field area across the stream.

4. The retreat area next to the elevator: ( I believe that there is a console there already )

I agree with the point of multiple arrival points.

1. Throne room

2. Just outside of the main building in the "estate" entrance.

3. The large field area across the stream.

4. The retreat area next to the elevator: ( I believe that there is a console there already )

i agree with all but the throne room, if it was outside the throne room thats fine. it would personally ruin the atmosphere in the throne room with an arrival point.

I love <3:

• the first waterfall and the sound effects. I would buy the stronghold just for that spot.
  • the sky. The clouds are so fluffy. :3
  • the Killik hive. It's so pretty but we don't have killik personnel.
  • the fish in the water. But, now we need a fishing emote.
  • the stain glass window. :D
  • the rooms, especially the low lighting. We need more colored lights for setting the mood.
  • the views of outside in the rooms with a view.
  • the throne room. But, the throne platform needs 2 more medium floor hooks.
  • the mountain retreat. However, there is a bug in the doors between the northern and western lodgings. They are impassable

I'm ambivalent but...:

• the climbable areas in the mountains are nice for people that like climbing.

I don't love:

• how sparse hooks are in some of the outdoor spaces. But, I will concede somewhat on the basis of performance. However, it would be nice if the places with almost no hook at least had a small hook or two for placing hiding enemy agents or other personnel.
  • how sparse rug hooks are in hallways. Most rugs aren't that large, so I would like it better if there were more rug hooks in the halls.

i agree with all but the throne room, if it was outside the throne room thats fine. it would personally ruin the atmosphere in the throne room with an arrival point.

Hmmm... makes sense ! Maybe the balcony adjacent to the throne room ??

Yes... I do see your point and I agree.

I agree. Just outside is fine, the interior of the throne room should be unmarred by an arrival point that can't be removed.

This Stronghold looks impressive and I'm looking forward to it coming live. Though, I do wish that we could have at least a few more rooms inside to decorate.

There's a lot of outside space and it is gorgeous, but inside, it is very pretty and aesthetic but feels a little tight. Perhaps more rooms upstairs would be nice (maybe some flights of stairs inside leading up to the next floor?) and it would go along very well with the spacious theme that is going on outside.

Also, outside, more hooks would be nice. There's areas where the hooks are very limited or non at all.

Finally, being able to use a mount everywhere would be nice. Inside the buildings can get away with it (rocket boots can get you from room to room quick enough) but that path towards the cave would be nice to be able to mount, for instance.

I like the idea of having thrantas as "taxis". Can't wait to see them!

Thank you!

#LETUSMOUNT

:) Please fix it where we can mount everywhere. That’s a dealbreaker for a lot of people.

Also the front atrium horizontal hallway’s floor pattern is SO SO SO off centered :(. (The square patterns look awful with the doors to the two side rooms). :(.

Loved the cave and the rest of stronghold. :).