Choose warzone

lucotas

i have an idea for have more fun in the game (PVP) WZ CROSS SERVER + Choose WZ

Bioware said that they cant add choose WZ because there won't be enough people for play all the wz.

example: 100 people wanna play hutball and only 20 want to play voidstar (this is an example) well they said they cant add choose wz but they said this before the wargames (imp vs imp, rep vs rep)now if they add WZ CROSS SERVER we would be able to choose the wz which you love (Hutball and Hypergates to me) and play them and there will be enough people for all the wz in this game.

and with the next wz coming (soon) it would be nice if we choose our wzs. many people are tired of the pvp in this game, some reason are: balance, world pvp and also choose warzone (many people in my guild agreed) now if we choose our warzone if would be more fun the pvp (i believe). i don't think this feature should be in RWZ (choose wz) but yes cross server

well thank you guys and tell me what you think.

ps: if they added this feature in the game, they should add in group finder

Edited by lucotas

If they allow people to choose the warzone they want to play, we would all be stuck playing Alderaan all the time... Reminds me of Counter-Strike, because the majority only liked Dust that was the map that were stuck playing like 80% of the time.... it sucked.. So no to allowing players to choose...

Well this will kinda stop the hacking where people are immune to stun's and pushbacks of any kind , but i have seen emps cap in less then 10 sec of geeting the ball i think you shouldn't be able to cast any thing on your self but heals and the wz packs

If they allow people to choose the warzone they want to play, we would all be stuck playing Alderaan all the time... Reminds me of Counter-Strike, because the majority only liked Dust that was the map that were stuck playing like 80% of the time.... it sucked.. So no to allowing players to choose...

wz cross server means 20 server= enough people for play wzs. that's is more than 50k people (pvpers)

Cross realm WZ and choosing a warzone would be a dream for me.

I hate huttball and it seems most of the people i talk to in WZ hate it aswell.

i love hutball and my people do it but there are some people who want to play other wzs and i think we should add choose wz

I used to hate Huttball, now its probably my favorite. And this seems to be common for many people.

I like variety more than I like any single warzone.

In all honesty, I can see them introducing some kinda of "choose warzone ability" pass in the Cartel market: "Choose your warzone for one week - only 200 Cartel Coins!" (Sorry for giving them ideas...)

wz cross server means 20 server= enough people for play wzs. that's is more than 50k people (pvpers)

Doesn't matter, in Counter-Strike there was a lot more then 50k people playing it and Dust was the map on almost all the servers.... I guarantee you that if they allow people to choose their WZ we will be stuck playing just 1 or 2 maps forever... PvP guilds will stack the decks (Class wise) for the popular maps since they can choose the warzone and make face rolling an even bigger problem...

It's a bad idea... If you don't like a map just quit and re-que again...

Doesn't matter, in Counter-Strike there was a lot more then 50k people playing it and Dust was the map on almost all the servers.... I guarantee you that if they allow people to choose their WZ we will be stuck playing just 1 or 2 maps forever... PvP guilds will stack the decks (Class wise) for the popular maps since they can choose the warzone and make face rolling an even bigger problem...

many people hate alderaan (me) many people hate hutball, hypergates, novare,voidstar

this is not counter strike. counter strike was different with the maps

Giving people the option to pick the warzone they want would lead to stacked decks for certain warzones (huttball) and longer queues. On the other hand, giving us the option to pick one warzone NOT to queue into would probably have a minimal effect.

i am talking about choose 1 wz or more than 1 (maybe all of them lol)

I would also be worried about a "polarized faction" thing arising in PUGs.

Example: Even if if the Republic perceives that the Empire usually wins Voidstar, the Rep's "good players" will just decide not to play Voidstar. After all, they won't gear/level up as quickly if they think they have a better chance of losing. As a result, it this would CAUSE the Republic to lose Voidstar more for sure. And it would get worse and worse.

And if the Republic's "better players" all decided to queue for Alderaan and Novarre instead, then the Empire's better players would decided not to queue for those as much because it's so much easier for them to just win with the other ones, and it would just compound.

Edited by Stenrik

I would also be worried about a "polarized faction" thing arising in PUGs.

Example: Even if if the Republic perceives that the Empire usually wins Voidstar, the Rep's "good players" will just decide not to play Voidstar. After all, they won't gear/level up as quickly if they think they have a better chance of losing. As a result, it this would CAUSE the Republic to lose Voidstar more for sure. And it would get worse and worse.

And if the Republic's "better players" all decided to queue for Alderaan and Novarre instead, then the Empire's better players would decided not to queue for those as much because it's so much easier for them to just win with the other ones, and it would just compound.

sorry but that makes no sense. where have you seen that in other game?

I second this. A part of me would like to pick, but it wouldn't be worth the cost.

I could easily see something like Mass Effect 3's multiplayer happen where entire strategies are built around 1 map and 1 map only (white/geth/gold anyone?) to the point where only that map is popular.

Plus if some classes are having trouble getting into ranked game before when you can't plan around 1 map, imagine what it would be after.

If I really want/don't want to play one map on a certain night I'll have a rule where I can leave at the beginning of a WZ as long as its there's at least 1:30 till it starts. I don't mind doing it this way.

Dust and Dust2 were great. I see no problem with the majority of players playing one or two maps most of the time.

If it becomes a problem like one faction only playing one side I would just get rid of faction and mix reps and imps in matches. Thus, completely eliminating the problem.

Edited by Knockerz

sorry but that makes no sense. where have you seen that in other game?

I haven't. This is the first game where I really followed/participated in instanced PVP. I'm just trying to think it through based on other, similar player behavior. The same "if-you-can't-beat-'em,-join-'em" attitude.

I still think it makes sense, though possibly only for lowbie PVP. Why? Because obviously if someone queues for a warzone that their faction has a history of winning, then their queues would be longer since they have to wait for enough scrubs to join the opposing team. What might just end up happening would be lots of same faction warzones if the balance gets too bad.

I'm only speculating. Note the use of "I think."

Edited by Stenrik

Dust and Dust2 were great. I see no problem with the majority of players playing one or two maps most of the time.

If it becomes a problem like one faction only playing one side I would just get rid of faction and mix reps and imps in matches. Thus, completely eliminating the problem.

Ok lets say for example, 60% of the pvp player base will only play Alderann, 15% Novare Coast, 15% Hutball, 5% like's Void Star and 5% Hypergate , that means the 5% who try queing up for Voidstar or Hypergate could have wait 2-3 hours to get a pop.... 1-2 hrs for a hutball or Novare Coast match.... now these people will get sick of the waiting and quit warzones meaning SWTOR just lost 40% of their pvp player base....

Of course those #'s are just an example, but i'm sure you see what i'm getting at.

Also putting Imperials and Republic players on the same team will never happen....

As for Counter-Strike, that was one of the main reason I quit playing that game was because I was bored of playing the same couple maps all the time

Edited by Monoth

this is nto counter strike. this is a mmo

The example of Counter-Strike applies here also, anytime you allow the player base to choose the maps to play you always end up with just 1 or 2 and in the end it will drive off other players from boredom..... Players will choose the fastest and easiest maps so they can grind com's quickly and those wanting some variety will end up waiting hours to get a pop...

I would guess Bioware took this into consideration and this why we can't choose the map to play... If you really hate a map it's easy enough to quit right away and usually a replacement person pops in within a few seconds... and you can just re-que again..

Edited by Monoth

I used to hate Huttball, now its probably my favorite. And this seems to be common for many people.

I like variety more than I like any single warzone.

In all honesty, I can see them introducing some kinda of "choose warzone ability" pass in the Cartel market: "Choose your warzone for one week - only 200 Cartel Coins!" (Sorry for giving them ideas...)

Indeed huttball is my favorite by far. But at the early days i didnt like it much, mainly because i didnt know how to play it.

Had a match yesterday, my team was losing 1-0 for the whole game, in the last minute we scored 2 points and won the game lol.

Edited by Spartanik

I'd rather there be a system where it's more likely for pugs to get matched Vs pugs and premades get matched with premades, whenever possible.

For example: If you queue up with 3 friends then the system tries to put you up against a group which also has about 4 people who were already grouped up before joining the queue. If you go in with 8 guildies you get placed against another 8 man premade.

It seemed to me that in DCUO whenever I joined arenas with guildies we were more likely to be put up Vs another premade. Most the time I pugged it seemed i was pitted against another pug group.

Edited by Belacose