How can anyone take the empire seriously?

Lium

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoyed playing as Agent and Assassin.

Sith warriors seem like the dumb brutes, who'd roar loud and mighty, but would get turned into cannon fodder because of their stupidity.

However, I found the Jedi Knight similar - something about him made it feel as if he's the brainwashed enforcer of the republic. If the republic would outlaw little kittens tomorrow, then the Jedi Knight would be the first to hunt down those kittens, lecture them about how good always prevails and then kill those kittens with 0 remorse.

I haven't finished the JK storyline though, so he could prove me wrong.

I really enjoyed playing as Agent and Assassin.

Sith warriors seem like the dumb brutes, who'd roar loud and mighty, but would get turned into cannon fodder because of their stupidity.

However, I found the Jedi Knight similar - something about him made it feel as if he's the brainwashed enforcer of the republic. If the republic would outlaw little kittens tomorrow, then the Jedi Knight would be the first to hunt down those kittens, lecture them about how good always prevails and then kill those kittens with 0 remorse.

I haven't finished the JK storyline though, so he could prove me wrong.

did you really play Sith Warrior? he is calm, his vocabulary is rich and sense of humour on a higher plane of intelligence than inquisitor. Yes, they do roar, at least make such sound ( force scream ), they are mighty and they choose to fight on the first lines because it gives them satisfaction. Being brutal is not dumb, when you see an ant, you can 1. go to your house, prepare anti-ant cocktail and pour it on ant 2. smash it, Warriors do not overthink simple matters, they thrive in possibility of reshaping flesh of their victims, of mutilating them, of hearing screams of agony, they feed on fear Being a warrior is noble and just, they are recruited mostly from the nobility and top notch elite.

did you really play Sith Warrior? he is calm, his vocabulary is rich and sense of humour on a higher plane of intelligence than inquisitor. Yes, they do roar, at least make such sound ( force scream ), they are mighty and they choose to fight on the first lines because it gives them satisfaction. Being brutal is not dumb, when you see an ant, you can 1. go to your house, prepare anti-ant cocktail and pour it on ant 2. smash it, Warriors do not overthink simple matters, they thrive in possibility of reshaping flesh of their victims, of mutilating them, of hearing screams of agony, they feed on fear Being a warrior is noble and just, they are recruited mostly from the nobility and top notch elite.

You just point out that they try too hard to look hardcore.

IMO, diplomacy, stealth and resolve win wars, not symbolic theatrics and ego tripping.

Have you ever tried to get rid of an ant colony by squashing each of them individually? Go see how long it will take.

Edited by Kristjansa

You just point out that they try too hard to look hardcore.

IMO, diplomacy, stealth and resolve win wars, not symbolic theatrics and ego tripping.

Have you ever tried to get rid of an ant colony by squashing each of them individually? Go see how long it will take.

what win wars is: strategy and tactic - and resources; human, other metals and minerals that are not human.

stealth is all good and shiny if you want to steal few guns and rob magazines on a little scale

diplomacy, violence is also a form of diplomacy

and resolve, Sith have it a lot

they are not hardcore, they are Sith and they enjoy discords and suffering

and in Star Wars, in this period of time the Force is a huge factor, considering that one skilled user can wipe whole planet. one Sith Warrior is worth dozens of regular soldiers, if not hundreds.

of course you dont, theres many more simple solutions to expire ant colony. without breaking intellectual sweat

Edited by Surinen

Like when the Soviet Union stole the plans for the nuclear bomb? :D

I highly doubt they stole it, most probably they were given to them. but it didnt impact war in any way, anyway - it was just a good excuse for few countries to start weapon development race and milking simple tax payers/stole huge amounts of cash and few other things. unfortunately real life history is much more boring - one big conspiracy twist without force grips.

• 7 years later...
"How can anyone take the empire seriously?"
Try to play full dark side SW and you'll see how vrutal you can be. For example: !!!SPOILER!!! At the very beginning of the story, on Dromund Kaas you can Kill a Sith/ or his wife and child. If you killed the sith, you can sleep with his wife and make Vette watch, then Darth Baras will congratulate you. And it is only one example.

"I've heard a lot that part of the reason the empire has more players is because the stories are better."
Ppl play for the Empire beacuse THANKS GOD we are able to do this. I mean in movies (especialy with disney), other games we act like or see a jedi or another good guy again and again. And everything is similar and boring. If you play for the Empire it fells more real and gives you emotions.