Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sin Tank - Clarification on stat caps

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Sin Tank - Clarification on stat caps

Omophorus
02.14.2013 , 03:43 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Panzerfire View Post
I usually use one Thrash/Double Strike after the Discharge and a 2nd one if it doesn't proc the shock, it is possible to lose aggro if you wait for shock to be ready by its natural cooldown. That's usually one of the rare spots for Thrash, I also still try to proc Energize for the 2nd charge on Recklessness like a total noob but I reckon it's better used on Wither.
Taunt debuff should be on the target still when Shock comes off CD, if you don't taunt too early.

I find the biggest risk of losing threat is mid-channel on the first Lightning without Recklessness.

Thrash early is a situational thing. If you're doing a lot of dodging/shielding/parrying, it can work out and you'll get a little boost from Recklessness + Energize. It can also leave you empty on Force and doing a lot of Saber Striking after your first FL to build your pool back up. Plus, in terms of overall benefit, having Recklessness active for FL rather than Shock is superior, so risking both charges on a Chain Shock is not ideal if you can help it.
Srs'bsns, GM of <Proper Villains> of The Ebon Hawk
5/5 Nightmare Power DF & DP
"This is why we don't bring Assassin tanks"

slafko
02.15.2013 , 02:22 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Omophorus View Post
I find the biggest risk of losing threat is mid-channel on the first Lightning without Recklessness.
I found that the only time I have a chance of actually losing aggro is when I'm casting Mind Crush out of sheer boredom.

Panzerfire
02.15.2013 , 07:33 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Omophorus View Post
You'll find it easier by using that Thrash and possible Energize proc, you can still use Recklessness with Lightning and the Wither after it, or risk it with Shock.
I'll check next time to see if I'm gimping my rotation by using Thrash that much, it depends on the boss I guess to make you shield at least once a second or close to.

Ailie
02.19.2013 , 06:23 PM | #34
Ktiru.... I love you

No seriously I wish I had of read these forums long ago rather than listening to popular opinion on my server. Serves me right I guess

Now the trouble I'm having is being able to optimise my current stats at my level but I just can't get the right balance. My pool is about 1600 but I'm well overstacked on shield and the only way to get my absorb up is to use an enhancement that nobody seems to know where to get.

I'm at CH/Campaign level so any advice people can give would be great
Meh...

Grumpftard
02.20.2013 , 08:07 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Ailie View Post
Ktiru.... I love you

No seriously I wish I had of read these forums long ago rather than listening to popular opinion on my server. Serves me right I guess

Now the trouble I'm having is being able to optimise my current stats at my level but I just can't get the right balance. My pool is about 1600 but I'm well overstacked on shield and the only way to get my absorb up is to use an enhancement that nobody seems to know where to get.

I'm at CH/Campaign level so any advice people can give would be great
Need a little more info. What are your current stats? What relics are you using? What are you augmenting for?
TORVA NEX! (The Site) (The Video)
"You don't have to say more than that!!"
Grumpf =Tankasin / G'rumpf =Mara / Gru'mpf =Jugg / Grum'pf =P-Tech
Grump'f =Shadow / G'rump'f =Scoundrel / Gr'umpf =Operative / Jei'Dahl =Merc