I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.

TheBBP

No not really when you consider Star Wars has always had Romance in it, whether it be in the Movies, the Cartoon Network Series, the Books/Comics. So logically it would have Romances in them in some form.

Just ask on the street to rando people what they prefer in a game..."epic pew pew pew" or "10 sec kisses one single time".

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just ask on the street to rando people what they prefer in a game..."epic pew pew pew" or "10 sec kisses one single time".

I'd think we'd be surprised at the number of people that asked depends on how hot/sexy the person was that they would be kissing. But regardless, the Inclusion of SGR's does NOT take away from the "pew pew pew"

I don't lke the idea of changing current companions "personality"...Doc a man flirting with every woman npc's I talk with wouldn't fit....same for Trisha or Mako who is in love with another BH comp. They wouldn't fit into a SGR withouth LOT of changes. And those changes shouldn't be done.

Add whatever you want to new companions...but don't touch our current ones. We love them the way they are now.

That's not what's happening and that's never going to happen. They've said all along that any SGR companions would be NEW companions, likely obtained the same way HK51 was.

SGRA will cater to a minority of the playerbase and offer no measurable growth to the game.

1st you don't know if the Player Base on this is the Minority or not, so please don't go saying that it is.

2nd actually it does add growth to the Game as it opens up more Content. Heck, the Rise of the Hutt Cartel is specifically AIMED at the End Game Players.

Edited by Altyrell

I am sorry, while there is a vocal minority of the playerbase that values this above the rest a quick glance across these forums demonstrates that the priorities of the majority-vocal playerbase is PVP balance and new story content.

You do realize that, historically, the playerbase found on a games forum usually constitutes a very small percentage of actual players of the game? Most players can't be bothered to log into a forum and post something. What this means, is that EVERYONE on this forum is "A vocal minority". EVERYONE.

Also, the inclusion of SGR Content, would be considered "new story content", but as it's been said, just because that content is there, doesn't mean everyone will use it. I can't stand Warzones, and I never go into them, but I sure would like the opportunity for my Female BH to have Romance options just like my Male Warrior does.

Add whatever you want to new companions...but don't touch our current ones. We love them the way they are now.

You know, you're right! As long as you get get to keep what you already have, nobody else is going to want that same content for their characters. Ever. Yup. Fantastic Idea.

I'd think we'd be surprised at the number of people that asked depends on how hot/sexy the person was that they would be kissing. But regardless, the Inclusion of SGR's does NOT take away from the "pew pew pew"

Any time resources are distributed/redistributed they are take away from something else. You cannot devote time, money, and personnel to developing SGRA without ensuring that those same resources cannot be used in the development of something else.

Any time resources are distributed/redistributed they are take away from something else. You cannot devote time, money, and personnel to developing SGRA without ensuring that those same resources cannot be used in the development of something else.

Considering we are getting SGRA Flirts as part of a much larger Combat Expansion, yeah a TON of resources were misplaced. Dude come on, they stated that SGRA's were coming SINCE before the Game went Live, Everyone who had been following this Game KNEW that, so why is it SUCH a massive shock that they are FINALLY adding it in?

I'm sorry but you, BBP and a couple of others are seriously making a big deal out of something that was planned on getting added in since the very beginning and are coming off like spending an half hour or however long it took to write & voice everything was SUCH a massive blow to resources and everything that now they have to cancel something so big like the SSSP.

Preemptive = NO I was not saying that the SGRA's would cause the SSSP to be delayed, cancelled, etc NOR was I saying that it should, I was ONLY and I repeat ONLY using it as an example of just how big some of you are blowing things out of proportion

Edited by Altyrell

Considering we are getting SGRA Flirts as part of a much larger Combat Expansion, yeah a TON of resources were misplaced. Dude come on, they stated that SGRA's were coming SINCE before the Game went Live, Everyone who had been following this Game KNEW that, so why is it SUCH a massive shock that they are FINALLY adding it in?

I'm sorry but you, BBP and a couple of others are seriously making a big deal out of something that was planned on getting added in since the very beginning and are coming off like spending an half hour or however long it took to write & voice everything was SUCH a massive blow to resources and everything that now they have to cancel something so big like the SSSP.

Preemptive = NO I was not saying that the SGRA's would cause the SSSP to be delayed, cancelled, etc NOR was I saying that it should, I was ONLY and I repeat ONLY using it as an example of just how big some of you are blowing things out of proportion

Many things were said during beta that never came to fruitation. Until the game develops and introduces concepts and mechanics that DO attract new players, SGRA should be indefinitely postponed.

Edited by Telaan

Well, how would you 2 feel if you were referred to as being part of a "small amount of players" or "in the minority" constantly as being a reason as to not add something? I get that you weren't meaning for it to be as such, but when it is constantly thrown around when asked nicely for it to stop.

But regardless, the inclusions of SGRA Flirts and the eventual SGRA Companions will not have taken resources from other things, especially when what most people list saying what things the resources should've been allocated to are of a different departments that have little to nothing to do with SGRA's. Even more so when people say that instead of SGRA's they should focus on PvP, Flash Points, Operations when it seems they failed to realize that PvP will continue to be given stuff for along side SGRA's and has also been confirmed to be a Major Priority in the coming months. Flash Points will likely be included on Makeb and we had just received a couple new Operations &/or Warzones. And on that note, while some people may not realize it, SGRA's does add Content and opens the doors for Future Content

I've said before it won't attract any measurable amount if new players. Sorry that I don't have empirical data to back up this claim (because I know that request is coming), but its common sense. WoW isn't successful because of romance arcs. It's successful for almost every other reason other than romance arcs. This game is good, and can be great. But not when resources are being devoted to the wrong places.

Does WoW even have any Romance Arcs [not counting Player/Player "encounters"]? Wrong places? How is including SGRA's which had been stated as coming since before the Game went live, which also adds Content and future content to the Game, the "wrong place"?

Well, how would you 2 feel if you were referred to as being part of a "small amount of players" or "in the minority" constantly as being a reason as to not add something? I get that you weren't meaning for it to be as such, but when it is constantly thrown around when asked nicely for it to stop.

Well...I can say I know how you feel. I'm Spanish. A "minority" on this game and this game is not in my Language.

To have this game on my language is for me the highest priority but, you know....we are a minority.

At least you will get what you want...I know I will never have this game translated.

Well, how would you 2 feel if you were referred to as being part of a "small amount of players" or "in the minority" constantly as being a reason as to not add something?

I'm a pvper. I am a minority player. I understand that I cannot be catered to. Hell world pvp was a complete disaster and its what I enjoy most. I also don't get insulted when another mechanic more vital to the health of the game takes precedence.

You do realize that, historically, the playerbase found on a games forum usually constitutes a very small percentage of actual players of the game? Most players can't be bothered to log into a forum and post something. What this means, is that EVERYONE on this forum is "A vocal minority". EVERYONE.

The quote of the week. No wait, make that the quote of the month ! ! ! :cool:

I keep reading arguments in this thread that go something like “BW should spend resources on other things that would bring in more players than SGRs”. These other things seem to include PvP-related stuff, Warzones, pazaak, racing and so on. For the sake of this post, I’m going to call those things collectively “OtherThingsBBP’.

Now I’d like to define “OtherThingsMiranda’ = SGRs, Warzones, pazaak, racing and so on, but not PvP.

PvP improvements will only appeal to a small minority of players (maybe less than 10%). I can say this confidently, because that’s the way this thread works – people assert numbers and percentages and things like “small minority”TM very confidently without having to back them up.

I now state the obvious: BW should be prioritizing OtherThingsMiranda which benefit a HUGE proportion of the players rather than wasting resources on PvP improvements that benefit only “a small minority”TM.

I could keep doing this kind of argument... for warzones, for pazaak, for racing, and so on.

Because all of the “other things” probably each only appeal to a “small fraction” of the playerbase (but who knows what that proportion actually is ? ). On that basis, how is SGRs any different, so why the vehemence of the arguments against them?

Edited by markcymru

I keep reading arguments in this thread that go something like “BW should spend resources on other things that would bring in more players than SGRs”. These other things seem to include PvP-related stuff, Warzones, pazaak, racing and so on. For the sake of this post, I’m going to call those things collectively “OtherThingsBBP’.

Now I’d like to define “OtherThingsMiranda’ = SGRs, Warzones, pazaak, racing and so on, but not PvP.

PvP improvements will only appeal to a small minority of players (maybe less than 10%). I can say this confidently, because that’s the way this thread works – people assert numbers and percentages and things like “small minority”TM very confidently without having to back them up.

I now state the obvious: BW should be prioritizing OtherThingsMiranda which benefit a HUGE proportion of the players rather than wasting resources on PvP improvements that benefit only “a small minority”TM.

?

PVP Forum: 40,030 Total Threads, 720,778 Total Posts

I could keep doing this kind of argument... for warzones, for pazaak, for racing, and so on.

Because all of the “other things” probably each only appeal to a “small fraction” of the playerbase (but who knows what that proportion actually is ? ). On that basis, how is SGR any different, so why the vehemence of the arguments against them?

Because this is a Star Wars MMO. People are attracted to this game because its Star Wars and because its a MMO. Most people don't have a problem with the general idea of SGRA. However people do have problems with the core mechanics that are either completely missing or poorly developed.

It is for that reason that this game went from being touted as the WoW killer (including by blizzard) and over 1 million players at launch to f2p a year later; and not because of a lack of SGRA.......

PVP Forum: 40,030 Total Threads, 720,778 Total Posts

Well by that same logic, the anti-SGR crowd has only one thread, so..... there's obviously not many of them.

I know, I know, all the anti-SGR threads get shut down. Well so did all the pro-SGR threads.

All you've proven with your statement above is that pro-PvPers are an EXTREMELY vocal and persistent minority !

Well by that same logic, the anti-SGR crowd has only one thread, so..... there's obviously not many of them.

I know, I know, all the anti-SGR threads get shut down. Well so did all the pro-SGR threads.

All you've proven with your statement above is that pro-PvPers are an EXTREMELY vocal and persistent minority !

Everyone knows hardcore PvPers are a minority, but most people dabble in it. Additionally pvp IS a mechanic that draws players and makes MMOs. Side story romance arcs are not.

PVE is the base of this game.

Nobody is anti SGR lol. The original post was about "priority" and we followed that reasoning.

The topic here was "is SGR a priority?" the topic is not "we don't want SGR"

OP edited it later.

Edited by Royox

Everyone knows hardcore PvPers are a minority, but most people dabble in it. Additionally pvp IS a mechanic that draws players and makes MMOs. Side story romance arcs are not.

Actually, neither one of knows whether these statements are true or untrue.

People tend to hang around with people who are similar to themselves, I believe. And we judge the world by what we see of it. So if you're a keen PvPer and your world contains people who PvP, then you'll find it easy to believe that it's gotta be a big deal.

But in my world, people aren't into that . So I find it hard to believe that many people would want to do it (other than if they're PvP-curious and want to try it once ;) ).

just different perspectives. No 'right' person, no 'wrong' person.

Edited by markcymru

Actually, neither one of knows whether these statements are true or untrue.

People tend to hang around with people who are similar to themselves, I believe. And we judge the world by what we see of it. So if you're a keen PvPer and your world contains people who PvP, then you'll find it easy to believe that it's gotta be a big deal.

But in my world, people aren't into that . So I find it hard to believe that many people would want to do it (other than if their PvP-curious and want to try it once ;) ).

just different perspectives. No 'right' person, no 'wrong' person.

Actually the statements I've made are fact. The BW devs have stated that most people PvP. However hardcore PvPers are a minority. Additionally a side story romance arc does not make a MMO successful. Many things in life are subjective, those are not. Sorry.

That's not how development works. "Man-Hours" are a myth, and have been proven the exact opposite of your claim true. Adding more people to one part of a project makes things worse, not better.

Don't speak of software development if you don't work in software development. It's not like construction or manufacturing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mythical_Man-Month

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooks%27_law

Edited by RazielHex

PVE is the base of this game.

Nobody is anti SGR lol. The original post was about "priority" and we followed that reasoning.

The topic here was "is SGR a priority?" the topic is not "we don't want SGR"

OP edited it later.

Yes. Just to keep this clear. I am NOT taking the stance that SGRs do not belong here. I know that they are coming and I am not against their implementation. My stance is that I believe that SGRs caters to a very small portion of the community and that there are other things that are far more important that would cater to and benefit far more people that could have been done.

Thanks to the folks who respond courteously and do not attempt to derail the discussion.