Mobs able to see stealthed players easier then they see unstealthed players.

Skitzophrenik

I would really like some kind of explanation as to the reasoning behind mobs (this is at max level now) somehow seeing a stealthed player easier then they see said same player unstealthed...I am getting so tired of running a FP or something and behind behind the rest of the group and yet seeing the stupid orange targetting circle appear around my character and suddenly ive pulled the boss even though im way behind the rest of the fully visible group.

I have nothing against some mobs having the ability to see stealth but when they can spot you way farther away then they actually see unstealthed AND then proceed to aggro on you right away it gets a little annoying.

are you sure your tests aren't botched? like, do you know about the 'cone of vision' mobs have?

you could walk past a mob that's really close, unstealthed, if they have their back to you.

turn the mob around and make them face you while you try to walk past them(even stealthed) and they'll see you, even from further away.

it's all about that cone of vision

are you sure your tests aren't botched? like, do you know about the 'cone of vision' mobs have?

you could walk past a mob that's really close, unstealthed, if they have their back to you.

turn the mob around and make them face you while you try to walk past them(even stealthed) and they'll see you, even from further away.

it's all about that cone of vision

I dont have a stealther but Iv been in Ops, we are standing outside the bosses agro range waiting (always waiting in Ops) and one of our scoundrels comes up BEHIND us stealthed and the boss kills him, its totally bizarre, iv not seen it for ages coz we learn but its a really old "bug"

It's a mechanic to avoid a full group of stealthers to sneak by everything. At least for the majority of the bosses, some of them can be easily skipped.

We already skip most of the trash by just walking away from them or applying Mind Maze to make the rest of the group pass.

You will find a similar mechanic when doing Lost Island. The floating probes are neutral but if you get too close while stealthed, it will mark and scan you. If you don't break stealth in time, the probe will reveal you and put the group in combat.

I dont have a stealther but Iv been in Ops, we are standing outside the bosses agro range waiting (always waiting in Ops) and one of our scoundrels comes up BEHIND us stealthed and the boss kills him, its totally bizarre, iv not seen it for ages coz we learn but its a really old "bug"

That is intended, not a bug. Wouldn't be much of a challange if someone could sneak past all the bosses.

If you have never had a stealth character you don't realize how much of a "cheat" it really can be sometimes.

I get away with murder in some 2 or 4 man heorics that are at level content because of it.

No it's not intended, it's a bug. The OP isn't complaining about the bosses being able to see stealthed players, he's complaining about the range of their vision. A stealthed character can be spotted from a LOT further away than a non-stealthed one - that shouldn't happen.

No it's not intended, it's a bug. The OP isn't complaining about the bosses being able to see stealthed players, he's complaining about the range of their vision. A stealthed character can be spotted from a LOT further away than a non-stealthed one - that shouldn't happen.

This...I fully understand bosses and even having some mobs see stealth but to see it at the range they do is ridiculous. For example (and I know this will cause some flaming but whatever...) in WoW as a rogue if you approach a mob with the "sees stealth" icon over its head...it will aggro you at about the same range it would if you were approaching without stealth on at all. I just finished a Taral V HM FP and got spotted by both bosses (who the rest of the group snuck by no problem...all of them without stealth) I got spotted by the patrolling big bots (exact name escapes me) again AFTER the rest of the group and moved by, and without the bot moving at all, it popped up the orange target and came after me. I was doing a Maelstrom HM FP yesterday to get the HK part and I kid you not...I pulled the first boss by him seeing me in stealth and i was standing BEHIND the rest of the group...and when I say behind like literally a couple feet behind...

Bit of a stretch calling it a bug, it is what it is.

As for the OP, use your brains, you know how it works now, just don't use stealth near the champ bosses. I worked this out back in JAN, and never had a problem since.

This isn't a bug. I am willing to bet every time you have been detected, it has been by a robot. They have some special ability that increases their range and detection of stealth-ed players. Even the Sentinels Aggro Dump will pull them. Normal Humanoid mobs will not adhere to this. As far as the droids go in LI, that is also a mechanic. Just because you are a stealth class, it does not mean you get a free pass :p Welcome to the land of normal classes. :cool:

This isn't a bug. I am willing to bet every time you have been detected, it has been by a robot.

Nope, this applies to random mobs. The whole Ilum quest line were like that and I was "spotted" but non-robot characters.

Just because you are a stealth class, it does not mean you get a free pass :p Welcome to the land of normal classes. :cool:

Well, the only difference with the stealther being way more squishy than any other "normal" class.

That's actually why we USE the stealth mode, otherwise it is pointless.

That "way too long range" of stealth detection is incorrect.

You can learn techniques to avoid it, but first moments are unpleasant and actually a BIG surprise. To you and to the group even more - as they cannot rely on your primary ability.

Edited by Przemo_No
typos

-----------------------------------------------Non stealth player

-------------------------------------------------at save distance

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Boss

Stealthed player

Boss is pulled.

Its a bug thats been there since launch.