Slicing broken?

Toxxo

Hello all

I send one of my crew (Malavai) to complete the slicing mission "Data Race". It costs's 1425 credits to send him on this mission which supposedly has an 'abundant yeild'. He has 10000 affection - the max. After completing the mission, I open the lockbox to be rewarded with......1249 credits. Surely this can't be right? This is just one instance but it happens all the time! What gives?

Hello all

I send one of my crew (Malavai) to complete the slicing mission "Data Race". It costs's 1425 credits to send him on this mission which supposedly has an 'abundant yeild'. He has 10000 affection - the max. After completing the mission, I open the lockbox to be rewarded with......1249 credits. Surely this can't be right? This is just one instance but it happens all the time! What gives?

This is accurate and the system isn't broken. On most slicing missions you either get back a little under what you spent or a little over. However, every now and then you will crit and get crafting missions and a much larger payout. There is a post somewhere on slicing that helps you see which missions give the best credit per minute return. Off the top of my head they are Taking back control and Fly on the wall (level 41-48) and Missing probes (level 33-40). Those are the only three missions I run with Slicing and if they aren't available I divert my companions to Underworld Trading missions.

Off the top of my head they are Taking back control and Fly on the wall (level 41-48) and Missing probes (level 33-40).

Hmm just to comment on this. I lose about 400-600 credits every time I run Taking Back Control mission. And that's with my slicing pet.

I may have just been unlucky for a few times. Last 2 times I did it I got 2.3K credits and 6.7K+recipe.

I can gaurantee you that the lockbox missions give more money than they cost (on average). I have slicing alts that I only use for slicing missions and I just watch their credits increase slowly over time.

Two nights ago Mako came back with a 7.1k crit.

So, yeah. It's pretty much luck.

I have NEVER had this much from a slicing mission and all my companions have max affection (i've heard this plays a part in crewskills?). I only ever get 1200-2200 and the most I remember yet is 2700. :/

It is NERFED as of last patch's, I send out 40 companions (all 1000 affection) for the past few months. There have been level 6 1485 and 1415's lock box's (without fail), level 5 2025 and 1930 rich lock box's (with out fail) and level 4 1250's and 1175 lock box's..... now the level fives are RARER than a pretty young blonde that doesn't have TGIF written on her shoes (Toes Go In First). The level 6's are always still there....but the meaty bread and butter level 5's are now few and far between(75 percent drop-off), with the levels 4's seeing an average 50% reduction.....YMMV but daily sending of the forty companions 5-10 plus times a day...this is my impression.

It's like they did to slicing like they did to chest.....loot them / send out to many times and your penelized......

Edited by minkydinky
adding last statement

In the days before patch 1.2 Slicing used to crit upto 25k for lvl 6 missions. As this was destroying the economy and causing inflation on a grand scale BW decided to nerf the amount of credits you can get from Slicing.

Now on average the slicing missions will return you a little on investment, I think the max now is 7.5k (but don't quote me on this) most missions will return +/- 200 credits, on crit you can get a bigger payout and a mission that can be sold. Before the last couple of weeks (due to the announcement of 2.0) these missions could fetch upto 30k with Diplomacy and Underworld Trading being the most sought after due to Radioactive Paste and Mando Iron.

It is abit unstable and quite unreliable when its used purely for lockboxes and nothing else.

It used to be better then the junk it is now, i know it needed to be balanced due to abit of an overpowered return but the crafters had alot of hissy fits over not making as much profit, even though they never really crafted anything pre-50, i guess they lacked common sense back then and probably still do now.

Now-a-days, slicing is a waste of credits to do, unless its purely for the slicing parts.

Overall, rich and bountiful yields are a waste of credits 90% of the time, unless its for the slicing parts, they tend to crit more often, otherwise you should stick to Moderate or Abundant Yields, that way, 60% of the time, you are not shafted.

Its kinda funny really, bioware made this slicing skill for those players that didn't want to make money via crafting, but crafters took that away, which forced everyone else to craft their own gear, which screwed over their own profits.

I hope the 2.0 commendation changes allows me to avoid buying crafted items from the GTN, i am personally fed up with getting ripped off in a game.

It is abit unstable and quite unreliable when its used purely for lockboxes and nothing else.

It used to be better then the junk it is now, i know it needed to be balanced due to abit of an overpowered return but the crafters had alot of hissy fits over not making as much profit, even though they never really crafted anything pre-50, i guess they lacked common sense back then and probably still do now.

Now-a-days, slicing is a waste of credits to do, unless its purely for the slicing parts.

Overall, rich and bountiful yields are a waste of credits 90% of the time, unless its for the slicing parts, they tend to crit more often, otherwise you should stick to Moderate or Abundant Yields, that way, 60% of the time, you are not shafted.

Its kinda funny really, bioware made this slicing skill for those players that didn't want to make money via crafting, but crafters took that away, which forced everyone else to craft their own gear, which screwed over their own profits.

I hope the 2.0 commendation changes allows me to avoid buying crafted items from the GTN, i am personally fed up with getting ripped off in a game.

You can be cheap and you can be lazy, that's ok, but you shouldn't be both at the same time, seriously. You gotta balance them. The more cheap you are, the less lazy you should be.

You think you're being ripped off ? Cool, put the effort in and craft the stuff you need yourself.

You feel like indulging your laziness ? No problemo. Pay up. Being lazy it's a privilege you might be able to enjoy, not a right.

Sometimes I'm cheap when I look at the GTN prices for stuff, so I say "screw that" and I go out farming mats and grinding schematics through RE to finally get what I want. I work for that.

Or sometimes I'm lazy and I buy stuff off the GTN even when I have the same schematic with some alt or whatever, I just don't feel like doing all what needs to be done. I pay what is listed being fully aware of how much stuff costs and those are well spent creds.

But not cheapness and laziness maxed out. No offence, but that just leads to whining, nothing else

You can be cheap and you can be lazy, that's ok, but you shouldn't be both at the same time, seriously. You gotta balance them. The more cheap you are, the less lazy you should be.

You think you're being ripped off ? Cool, put the effort in and craft the stuff you need yourself.

You feel like indulging your laziness ? No problemo. Pay up. Being lazy it's a privilege you might be able to enjoy, not a right.

Sometimes I'm cheap when I look at the GTN prices for stuff, so I say "screw that" and I go out farming mats and grinding schematics through RE to finally get what I want. I work for that.

Or sometimes I'm lazy and I buy stuff off the GTN even when I have the same schematic with some alt or whatever, I just don't feel like doing all what needs to be done. I pay what is listed being fully aware of how much stuff costs and those are well spent creds.

But not cheapness and laziness maxed out. No offence, but that just leads to whining, nothing else

Oh my word, another poster that doesn't read posts before replying.

Well, i have posted it enough, so read properly next time......and you call me lazy.....pathetic.