This game Sucks, I Suck, You Suck, Thread Title Sucks, Everything Sucks

NeoIshamael

What was the purpose of staggering the release of 3.2 content. It seems like it was a plan that was never really fleshed out. What was the advantage? Or is Bioware so starved for resources they have to gate content just to say "Hey! We did something for May 4th"?

Because they know that with SWTOR's limited budget, they only way to prevent players from clearing all content on the first day is to stagger it. Remember how players complained on the first day of SoR's release that they were already done with the content and there's nothing left to do (except for the final bugged quest)?

Well, this way they get less complaints I guess. I have no problem with that though I'd wished that they were more open about the release schedule and let us know beforehand that not all content is available on April 28.

Edited by Jerba

only way to prevent players from clearing all content on the first day is to stagger it

And so in effect they are giving those suspended for bypassing the "correct" way to obtain end boss loot the ability to ride out their suspensions, come back and regain their ill-gotten loots. LMAO Spank those hands BioFail and find some additional roadblocks to lengthen limited content releases.

There really is only so much the night janitor can accomplish and still get the floors mopped, toilets scrubbed, Cartel Market items rendered and packaged, Customer Service tickets sorted and canned responses generated, and nerfing classes takes a large swing with a massive nerfbat (hard to do with one hand). He/She/it simply cannot generate enough actual game content without going on over-time and costing the execs more of their bonuses.

My guess is that they really wanted to release Ziost on May 4th as part of a big Star Wars Day™ extravaganza.

However, the only way to do that was to patch the game and a patch on a Monday is a bad idea.

So instead they patched like normal on Tuesday with a timed gate on the content so that players can begin experiencing the big finale battle on the 4th.

I really have no doubt that if May 4th had fallen on a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday that they'd have held the patch for that day and left it wide open.

What was the purpose of staggering the release of 3.2 content. It seems like it was a plan that was never really fleshed out. What was the advantage? Or is Bioware so starved for resources they have to gate content just to say "Hey! We did something for May 4th"?

Because they wanted to have two separate population/activity spikes close together.

It looks better for their bottom line.

My guess is that they really wanted to release Ziost on May 4th as part of a big Star Wars Day™ extravaganza.

However, the only way to do that was to patch the game and a patch on a Monday is a bad idea.

So instead they patched like normal on Tuesday with a timed gate on the content so that players can begin experiencing the big finale battle on the 4th.

I really have no doubt that if May 4th had fallen on a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday that they'd have held the patch for that day and left it wide open.

I just found it odd that this year they are doing something along these lines. I can understand why BW wants to suck off the goodwill for Episode 7. It just seems mismanaged the way they decided to do it.

I just found it odd that this year they are doing something along these lines. I can understand why BW wants to suck off the goodwill for Episode 7. It just seems mismanaged the way they decided to do it.

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” :csw_yoda:

Someone will find out if I am wrong , I am sure, but I swear they did this last May 4th...was some kind of reward. I think it is cleaver actually..."May the Fourth be with you"..."May the force be with you." get it/ As for the content, I don't get why they had a dead quest you couldn't turn in. Why not do like the FA storyline and have it "end" and then "start" up again from the same computer terminal you need to click on to "end" the current ziost quest?

That is my biggest peev about ziost so far...the deadend quest.

Oh, and BW, when you fixed the speeder quest bug...you bugged it again. When you get the key and click on the speeder, it gives you the speeder right away. Some people have stated that it messes with their toons run speed as well as their personal speeder can use the speeder boosts...DONT try to fix it, cuz god knows what you will break in doing so...just thought I would give you a heads up...

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” :csw_yoda:

And suffering leads to patching, and patching leads to waiting, and waiting leads to pissed off forum users, and pissed off forum users leads to crying, and crying leads to tears, and tears lead to..."Hello I am Dr. Jones, please sit down, we have..."

Someone will find out if I am wrong , I am sure, but I swear they did this last May 4th...was some kind of reward. I think it is cleaver actually..."May the Fourth be with you"..."May the force be with you." get it/ As for the content, I don't get why they had a dead quest you couldn't turn in. Why not do like the FA storyline and have it "end" and then "start" up again from the same computer terminal you need to click on to "end" the current ziost quest?

Oh, and BW, when you fixed the speeder quest bug...you bugged it again. When you get the key and click on the speeder, it gives you the speeder right away. Some people have stated that it messes with their toons run speed as well as their personal speeder can use the speeder boosts...DONT try to fix it, cuz god knows what you will break in doing so...just thought I would give you a heads up...

I don't know I will check.

I checked and all they said for 2014 was an astromech droid.