Best item to RE for mk9 components

Flyguybc

Hey all. What's the best item we can make and then re-it for mk9 components?

If not mistaken the only item Artifice can RE that gives the MK components are the shields. I don't remember the enhancements doing it. I believe I have only received MK components from the shields.

If not mistaken the only item Artifice can RE that gives the MK components are the shields. I don't remember the enhancements doing it. I believe I have only received MK components from the shields.

Anything in the "wieldable" section of the schematics list. Based on TORhead.com all the premium/green quality foci, shields, and generators (single saber jedi/sith class off-hand items) take the same materials: 2 powder, 6 power crystals, and 4 artifact fragments (add TH gems for blue and purple quality; no more components than green though so wasted materials if all you want is components).

The best schematics for MK-9 components are in Cybertech. There are two droid parts that require 2 flux, 2 scav compound, 2 scav metal.

Mk-9 kit prices took a MASSIVE dive on Progenitor server - from 80-90K average to 55-60K in less than a week. Have remained at that price for well over a month. - 60K is only just break even if you send out for mats. -Even with a +5 crewskill companion/droid, + bonus to crit + max affection. (on the gatherer & crafter) The grind to gather them from nodes is only about equal to the money from the dailes. Why the drop? Probably oversupply. A few people were on to a good thing and made millions. Others cottoned on.....Now there are 15-20 pages of Mk-9 kits for sale. Each a few credits more than the last best price. If this is true across other servers, then you are better off making them just for yourself, your alts & guild members. Selling them on the GTN ain't gonna make you millions any time soon. Besides, with a level cap increase expected, There'll probably be a new tier of mats/ augments and kits at some stage I guess.

Mk-9 kit prices took a MASSIVE dive on Progenitor server - from 80-90K average to 55-60K in less than a week. Have remained at that price for well over a month. - 60K is only just break even if you send out for mats. -Even with a +5 crewskill companion/droid, + bonus to crit + max affection. (on the gatherer & crafter) The grind to gather them from nodes is only about equal to the money from the dailes. Why the drop? Probably oversupply. A few people were on to a good thing and made millions. Others cottoned on.....Now there are 15-20 pages of Mk-9 kits for sale. Each a few credits more than the last best price. If this is true across other servers, then you are better off making them just for yourself, your alts & guild members. Selling them on the GTN ain't gonna make you millions any time soon. Besides, with a level cap increase expected, There'll probably be a new tier of mats/ augments and kits at some stage I guess.

Sorry but I think your math is wrong. If (as you say) you acquire your materials by running missions, and craft cybertech droid parts that cost 2Flux/2Compound/2Metal, and you take into account that you get back roughly .1Flux/.5Compound/1Metal for every RE to get a component. The cost per MK-9 component is roughly (on the high side) 1300 credits (150 per flux if you run the mission rather than buy off the vendor + 400 for both metals and compounds: (1.9*150)+(1.5*400)+(1*400)=1285). Multiply that by 10 and add in another 2/2/2 and 4 blue sliced parts (at conservatively 200 each off the GTN) for a grand total of roughly 15,550 credits to make one MK-9 Augmentation Kit. Multiply that by 2.5 for GTN value of raw materials and buying the flux off the vendor (you still have to craft the droid parts for components) for a rough cost of 39k. That's STILL significantly less than 60k...

Now if you buy the components off the GTN that is a whole other matter entirely. In that case, yes the materials do cost 50k to 60k.

Sorry but I think your math is wrong. If (as you say) you acquire your materials by running missions, and craft cybertech droid parts that cost 2Flux/2Compound/2Metal, and you take into account that you get back roughly .1Flux/.5Compound/1Metal for every RE to get a component. The cost per MK-9 component is roughly (on the high side) 1300 credits (150 per flux if you run the mission rather than buy off the vendor + 400 for both metals and compounds: (1.9*150)+(1.5*400)+(1*400)=1285). Multiply that by 10 and add in another 2/2/2 and 4 blue sliced parts (at conservatively 200 each off the GTN) for a grand total of roughly 15,550 credits to make one MK-9 Augmentation Kit. Multiply that by 2.5 for GTN value of raw materials and buying the flux off the vendor (you still have to craft the droid parts for components) for a rough cost of 39k. That's STILL significantly less than 60k...

Now if you buy the components off the GTN that is a whole other matter entirely. In that case, yes the materials do cost 50k to 60k.

This. I send out companions and sell kits only and have made many many millions selling at 49-52k each.

Edit: I only use Jaesa to proc extra kits when I make them too. that's a free 50 some odd grand free.

Edited by AGSThomas

The best schematics for MK-9 components are in Cybertech. There are two droid parts that require 2 flux, 2 scav compound, 2 scav metal.

Hi what droid part is that exactly? Would be very helpful, thank you.

the vendor trained premium/green quality QT-9 Parts and QT-10 Parts are both 2/2/2.

Maybe in the past, but they're now 2 craft material/6 scav metal/4 scav compound. Might have changed in a recent patch, but it's definitely 2/6/4, not 2/2/2.