Patch 1.1.2 Is here woot!

CommanderTeroh

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.1.2/272012

Lots of text.

Some fixes for stuff I've never heard mentioned, which seems to be a recurring theme. Hey, nobody asked for this change, but we made it anyways. Enjoy!

Some class tweaks undoubtably tied to PvP, which I don't care about and wish didn't exist for this very reason (along with slapped on PvP in a PvE game just flat out sucking period).

No fixes for bugs that have existed since beta...another recurring theme.

No fixes/tweaks/additions for stuff lots of people regularly request....yet another recurring theme.

I guess it is nice that they do these patches with every weekly maint but they kind of serve as a reminder for all the stuff that isn't getting fixed/added/tweaked.

This is a good patch imo. Lots of little things got fixed, as well as some balancing issues.

Lots of people on my server are not happy with the shadow/sin changes, but i think they are all reasonable, and corrected shadow/sin players from doing what was closer to an exploit than intended gameplay.. im a shadow btw.. so not qq'ing

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.1.2/272012

Lots of text.

Some fixes for stuff I've never heard mentioned, which seems to be a recurring theme. Hey, nobody asked for this change, but we made it anyways. Enjoy!

Some class tweaks undoubtably tied to PvP, which I don't care about and wish didn't exist for this very reason (along with slapped on PvP in a PvE game just flat out sucking period).

No fixes for bugs that have existed since beta...another recurring theme.

No fixes/tweaks/additions for stuff lots of people regularly request....yet another recurring theme.

I guess it is nice that they do these patches with every weekly maint but they kind of serve as a reminder for all the stuff that isn't getting fixed/added/tweaked.

Not sure how this is a PvE game when all the PvE content is so mind numbingly easy that it can be cleared and geared in one run.

No fixing of the chase camera. Like yay. Going through all the trouble to improve character responsiveness is great. But then why not fixe the chase camera? Just give us an option to turn it off? It's not even a difficult fix, indeed it would require a minor effort to implement. Yet you dont do it. Lazy.

And for christ sake let us keybind the § key. No excuses.

Edited by Hollingdale

So glad they've fixed Soa.. getting him to 3% on nightmare, then being kicked out or bug with a mind trap - was so f*cking annoying !

But I didnt really get this increase .. in cent. / champ. tokens from BM / champ bags? *** ?? 15 / 7 tokens per bag? i mean .. this is just a joke i swear !

Ilum

Chests on Ilum now respawn less frequently to reduce potential gains from farming.

I guess this can be considered a well needed fix. I personally, would have just placed a npc at the chest or moved the chest spawn over 15 feet next to a group of mobs that spawn.

I have a feeling Biowares fix will either just move the bots to another planet or they will still be there enjoying the reduced times.

Also, I don't see any mention that PVP win bug was fixed, they said they fixed it in the last patch and they didn't. I hope this is fixed its something that should have been hotfixed the first day like any other AAA game company would have done.

Combat Ability Responsiveness

Further improved response time for ability activation requests, especially in low-framerate situations.

The activation bar now appears at the correct time (when the activation of an ability begins) and disappears when activation is complete.

Instant combat abilities no longer occasionally start their combat animations twice, resulting in jerky behavior on the executing player's client.

The display of the floating text from instant healing abilities is no longer delayed by the animation on the client and now properly reflects the time the effect happens on the server.

Abilities on cooldown are now more easily distinguished from abilities that can be used.

Well needed fixes thank you Bioware.

Edited by Rhazesx

Dissapointed with their chosen solution to farming. Punish the legitimate players.

Why not simply put access controls in place rather than reducing spawn times? is there a legitimate reason why this wouldnt work?:confused:

I'm not.

we have about 4 gold farmers on our server that live in the friendly areas on ilum 24/7, they been there since week 2 of release and are still there, leve1 11s or so.

I am glad they removed the Harvested spawns from friendly areas and reduced chest spawns.

I followed one of these gold farmers around for awhile and watched him as his level 11 toon harvested everything in a friendly area and all the large chests he was able to reach. He had all this stuff timed so when a chest was about to spawn he made sure he was back there ready to nab it.

I do not see how this would bother anyone but a low level trying to farm where they do not belong. Maybe this is why on my server Bio Mats are over 1,000 each so gold farmers can make credits to sell for cash.

But I didnt really get this increase .. in cent. / champ. tokens from BM / champ bags? *** ?? 15 / 7 tokens per bag? i mean .. this is just a joke i swear !

that is for 1.2 not 1.1.2.

And in my opinion, it's the good way to do it. Centurion gear is the joke at the moment. Before you get enough coms to buy a piece, you might get 6 tokens of champions gear.

And you have that last piece of the champions sets to loot. You get the boots token 4 times in a raw.... I mean seriously that dropping is just messed up big time.

The 15/7 tokens actually very nice. You gear up centurion quickly which is great for fresh level 50's. Champion gear comes at a steady pace. 70 or so coms is easy to get. 2 pvp dailies and 2 bags from running warzones. You can get a chest piece in just 2 days of time.

It's a good deal.

The Cent change is to reduce the barrier to entry for new 50s, which is fine since I'm not insecure enough to need to roflstomp the newbies in order to feel good at PvP, frankly.

As for the Champ tokens, it'll actually slow the rate of progression for many - it just standardises the gearing up process rather than it being entirely RNG-related. Now you can reasonably expect it to take X weeks to have full Champ with a relative degree of certainty based on how often you personally complete the dailies/weeklies.

Previously it was "could be a week, could be four months, dunno lol".