Why complainers will fix this game.

Dethrone

I'm of the crowd that understands that things are forced to evolve when convention is challenged.

Maintaining the status Quo results in complacency and in action.

In the years to come when the game has improved, the 'whiners' grit to not accept a sub par product, will have driven that change.. and the fan boys on the side lines will have reaped the rewards..

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm of the crowd that understands that things are forced to evolve when convention is challenged.

In the years to come when the game has improved, the 'whiners' grit to not accept a sub par product, will have driven that change.. and the fan boys on the side lines will have reaped the rewards..

It depends what you mean by whiners though.

The constructive threads, e.g. the one about the ability delay, is the way to constructively criticise and get something done. That wasn't a whine thread.

The other 1,000 "give me x feature or I quit" or "your game sux because x, y, z" threads could, and should, be thrown straight into the bin.

Whiners don't help in fixing anything. People who offer constructive criticism (i.e. Xcore and his ability delay thread) do.

Agree 100% whiners don't challenge convention, they throw their toys out of the pram.

Improvements will be helped by those making constructive post and submitting bug reports...

Whiners add noise that stops useful information from surfacing.

Its already too late to fix this game, they made the same mistake as the last 5 mmos that have been released. They rushed release without adding advertised or quality of life features that 90% of players expect these days.

Now they will slowly bleed subs and the quitters will spread the word about this game and give it a bad rep, just like the other games.

Edited by Kraegore

Agree 100% whiners don't challenge convention, they throw their toys out of the pram.

Improvements will be helped by those making constructive post and submitting bug reports...

Their canceled subs and the long survey that follows sure as hell does change more tho than tons of fan-boy love ;)

It depends what you mean by whiners though.

The constructive threads, e.g. the one about the ability delay, is the way to constructively criticise and get something done. That wasn't a whine thread.

The other 1,000 "give me x feature or I quit" or "your game sux because x, y, z" threads could, and should, be thrown straight into the bin.

I do see your point and no doubt those threads are infuriating to read sometimes, but I'd still suggest that "I don't find X feature fun" is still valuable feedback. Is it framed constructively? No, most of the time it clearly isn't. But 100 threads saying "I quit because I don't like space combat / the warzones suck / a Jedi stomped on my goldfish / whatever" is still, as a collective, a piece of feedback that can inform the future development of the game.

Doesn't make them fun to read and I'd obviously always encourage people to try and be constructive as much as possible, but I'd stop short of saying they're completely worthless. Irritating as heck, yes, but worthless no.

Edited by Mertissielle

I disagree.

There is no "status quo" in any product. Increasing competition from new, technological advanced alternative products provide relentless incentives for developers of any products to continually innovate or die off. It's simple economics really, supply and demand.

BMW doesn't push out a new model each year because some people on a discussion board are complaining. It's because everyone else does so, and if they don't, they will be left behind.

Complainers should just go away. That's the best thing you can do to change the game (vote with your feet).

:p pls dont feed the troll

People who are blind rabid fans frequently label anyone who dares to complain as a whiner.

The things that people 'whine' about are mostly a recurring theme. BW have already had to back down on things they said they weren't interested in doing.

BW however rarely respond to anything that is 'whined' about whether it is constructive or otherwise.

If the masses are not happy, they will let you know in the simplest terms.. Ignore at you peril.

Maybe. But if the most coherent thing the "masses" can produce is "waaaah ur game iz broken i r quittinggggg!!!!!!!!!!111one", they are best left ignored.

The least people can do is post their complaints without tantrums and written coherently.

People who are blind rabid fans frequently label anyone who dares to complain as a whiner.

The things that people 'whine' about are mostly a recurring theme. BW have already had to back down on things they said they weren't interested in doing.

BW however rarely respond to anything that is 'whined' about whether it is constructive or otherwise.

And people frequently label people who are fed up with the relentless whining on these boards, blind rabid fans.

It's like being in a relationship where the signifiant other is always nagging and complaining. At first it's cute. Then you try to listen, talk about your issues. After a month of it, seriously...just...you know what.

The thing that is most annoying is you're actually ruining the game for people who actually don't MIND the problems and are HAVING FUN. We come on these boards to chat, talk about the game. But everywhere we look, there's a thread about "this game sucks." When you're doing something you enjoy, you do NOT appreciate people telling you how much it sucks, over and over again.

Edited by iheartnyc

So, if you claim that downtimes should be at a different time in Europe, you are whinning and a game breaker. Post closing in an blink.

But if you post about your legacy or killing the companion, you are helping to improve the community and the game :eek:

Gentlemen...

For those of you talking like a greek philosopher and complaining about defects in an MMO you obviously are green horns...

Non serious casual slop that wades before me at my Imperial space port....

The game has been patched many times already and do you think that lucas arts & bioware combined don't have enough people on the job already working to make this game better... around the clock..

The game is amazing.. one of the best releases I have seen and trust me if you ever played everquest you would agree or was there when wow took off and crashed non stop early on... you would agree..

I think that blizzard is running scared and Stormwind looks pretty lonely anymore to be honest..

If you want to enjoy this game go get a better machine or better yet do what I did.. make your own and call it deathstar..

Once this preliminary patching phase is done and the bugs worked out the game is gonna be a huge success and will shadow all others in years to come.

So, if you claim that downtimes should be at a different time in Europe, you are whinning and a game breaker. Post closing in an blink.

But if you post about your legacy or killing the companion, you are helping to improve the community and the game :eek:

If you are the 50th poster posting the 1000th post about downtimes in Europe in the last 5 days on the "General Discussion" forum, and NOT the "Suggestion Box" which is conveniently located at the top of the page, then yes, go away.

Edited by iheartnyc

Maybe that is an issue, if so many people are talking about that.

Maybe you need a brand new post to discuss how cute Ewoks are, instead.

But sure you don´t have the keys of this castle, so you can´t decide who stays and who leaves.

Its already too late to fix this game, they made the same mistake as the last 5 mmos that have been released. They rushed release without adding advertised or quality of life features that 90% of players expect these days.

Now they will slowly bleed subs and the quitters will spread the word about this game and give it a bad rep, just like the other games.

Lol.. It's already too late? Based on what? Your highly educated opinion?

The game has only just come out.

TRUE mmo gamers, can recognize the worth of a game for what it is, and know whether or not it's worth waiting for xyz features. Compared to the impatient whiners who still hang around and pollute the forums after cancelling their sub, all because "we don't have duelspecs yet gg game has failed" or "OMG NO HI REZ TEXTURES? THIS GAME IS DEAD!!!!111!!"

Seriously. I wish people with attitudes like this would hurry up and realise mmo's just aren't for them

Lol.. It's already too late? Based on what? Your highly educated opinion?

The game has only just come out.

TRUE mmo gamers, can recognize the worth of a game for what it is, and know whether or not it's worth waiting for xyz features. Compared to the impatient whiners who still hang around and pollute the forums after cancelling their sub, all because "we don't have duelspecs yet gg game has failed" or "OMG NO HI REZ TEXTURES? THIS GAME IS DEAD!!!!111!!"

Seriously. I wish people with attitudes like this would hurry up and realise mmo's just aren't for them

All they have to do is fix the horrible resolve system and remove the one button easymode classes and id love this game.

Im just basing what i posted on what ive seen happen to all of the mmos for the last 5 years or so. Quote me and keep it in mind a year down the road when you are one of 10k free to play members.