The Star Wars: The Old Republic Community Cantina Tour Arrives in New York, New York!

TaitWatson

I hope we get better information this time. Referring tot he flashdrives. Most of them already contained half of the information previous flashdrives had. But i hate to ask, Will that be the only time we get information on 3.0 or in the weeks between as well

Read: "Cantina Tour", need to be legal drinking age. Also, it's probably a lot less expensive to rent out a bar on Thursday as opposed to Friday night.

Yet the Cantina Tour in Seattle, WA was 18+. I assume Canada hasn't annexed Washington and instituted their drinking age o.o

Yet the Cantina Tour in Seattle, WA was 18+. I assume Canada hasn't annexed Washington and instituted their drinking age o.o

Oh yeah. I thought I remembered reading 21 on the Seattle event. You have to be 21 to drink anywhere, but there might be local laws involved regarding what age you can be admitted to the establishment without being served.

People from STL could make it all over the country. Just saying.............(...)

Right, try being in South Florida. I won't complain about living in a tropical paradise, but absolutely no events happen within 1000 miles of us. It's like 400 miles just to get to the border :/

In my understanding, the minimum age depends on the venue it is held at. When the bar says they only want people 21 and over, the Community Team needs to respect that when they want to hold an event there.

Sometimes, they'll still allow minors if a parent or guardian is with them, but better check that beforehand.

In my understanding, the minimum age depends on the venue it is held at. When the bar says they only want people 21 and over, the Community Team needs to respect that when they want to hold an event there.

Sometimes, they'll still allow minors if a parent or guardian is with them, but better check that beforehand.

This ^

... 21+ instead of 18+ :(

You're old enough to lose limbs and die for the country's endless wars, but not old enough to discuss future updates for a video game.

I think these events should be held ingame, inside the actual Cantinas, since nothing is being done with Cantinas. You can't even sit properly in a Cantina chair. Star Wars is for the child in all of us. And I think it's unfair to exclude the youth of this comunity. The members of my guild who live in my city are all under age for this event. They were excited and now let down, when they found out its for 21 and over only.

Being let down, isn't a nice feeling.

Maybe everyone who wants to go to these events under the age of 21 should meet and discuss this.

You're old enough to lose limbs and die for the country's endless wars, but not old enough to discuss future updates for a video game.

I think these events should be held ingame, inside the actual Cantinas, since nothing is being done with Cantinas. You can't even sit properly in a Cantina chair. Star Wars is for the child in all of us. And I think it's unfair to exclude the youth of this comunity. The members of my guild who live in my city are all under age for this event. They were excited and now let down, when they found out its for 21 and over only.

Being let down, isn't a nice feeling.

Maybe everyone who wants to go to these events under the age of 21 should meet and discuss this.

Most if not all things people do for fun are for the "child" in them. I'm kind of sick of Star Wars being associated with child things, yes I grew up with it and it means a lot to me but recently I've felt a harsh abandonment from lucas and Lucasarts since they were let go to Disney. There's no standard anymore, TFU 2 was the last thing LArts created that was worth a damn and there was some groundbreaking physics in it, 1313 would have pushed our imaginations even farther. I'm happy that the cantina tour is 21 and up, MMO's in general weren't created "for" kids rather a game that has no end because midage people can juggle work, kids, family and an mmo that goes by your own pace. Anyone I've chatted with that was under 21 and was honest about it was always talking a LOT of smack and never stopped bragging about how uber awesome they were at swtor. We don't need any of that behavior around opportunities to chat with the team, that's what e3 is for. However I do agree that cantinas could use some kind of spicing up but having dev meetings and such.. Why would they bother, u kno how many people would be dancing and air punching them because they "didn't get what they wanted from gamble pack"? It would be a waste of time.

You know... STL, MO is like the center of the entire country. People from all over could make it to STL. Just saying...

Nah, we'd rather avoid being anywhere near your police. Like, forever. I'm never going near that city again.

Edited by arunav