Hardmodes aren't Hard

So, I've been 50 for a few weeks but can't stand Pugging so I waited for a decent number of people to reach max level and finish their stories and whatnot. Well, yesterday we ran some hardmodes and several times throughout each one I'd hear someone in vent say: "are you sure this is Hardmode? It seems kinda easy."

We did Boarding Party and Foundry Hardmodes and 1 shot every boss aside from HK-47 (he bugged out and started hitting people for 20k) and we wiped once on the Final boss in Boarding Party (lost a dps early and didn't beat enrage).

While I was offline, my guild was able to clear the new rakghoul one (*** is the name?) on Hardmode without any trouble either.

I guess the point to this is: If a group of basically fresh level 50s can clear it with minimal effort, how is it Hardmode?

Which brings me to my next question: Is there a Nightmare mode for Flashpoints?

"Hard" is a subjective term, you may not find it hard but others might. That being said, most of the hardmode flashpoints are not too diffcult. Some are a bit challenging but nothing that a good guild group can't clear.

No, there is no nightmare mode for flashpoints.

Edited by Iwipe

Flashpoints are pretty much loot pinatas. They are meant to get you gear so you can go into operations. It was the same with wow, heroic instances were easy and were meant to get you gear easily so you can jump into raids.

Now for operations, the normal mode is equivalent to wow's LFR difficulty. Meaning you could go in there with basic gear and complete it.

Hard mode is the same as wow's normal mode raids. You need better than average loot and basic team play to complete it. It's not meant to be really hard even though the word "hard" suggests that it'll be challenging.

Nightmare mode is when the difficulty really ramps up because that's the version where the true challenge is and it's mean to be the "real" endgame pve raiding.

I see people saying "ops are too easy, we cleared normal mode no problem". And to that I say, "No kidding, it's meant to be easy". Then they say hard mode is easy, and then I say to them, how hard were wow's normal raids? It's when people get into nightmare mode where they stop complaining about difficulty.

Flashpoints are pretty much loot pinatas. They are meant to get you gear so you can go into operations. It was the same with wow, heroic instances were easy and were meant to get you gear easily so you can jump into raids.

Now for operations, the normal mode is equivalent to wow's LFR difficulty. Meaning you could go in there with basic gear and complete it.

Hard mode is the same as wow's normal mode raids. You need better than average loot and basic team play to complete it. It's not meant to be really hard even though the word "hard" suggests that it'll be challenging.

Nightmare mode is when the difficulty really ramps up because that's the version where the true challenge is and it's mean to be the "real" endgame pve raiding.

I see people saying "ops are too easy, we cleared normal mode no problem". And to that I say, "No kidding, it's meant to be easy". Then they say hard mode is easy, and then I say to them, how hard were wow's normal raids? It's when people get into nightmare mode where they stop complaining about difficulty.

I see what you're saying, but even in WoW the Heroics were challenging 'enough' until you got some decent gear. My tank was the most geared of the 4 in my group, and I've got several greens equipped.

But I digress, they are supposed to be an avenue to obtain gear. I guess I just expected it to be a more challenging avenue, like with speedbumps or something.

They've been "fixed"(nerfed) they were much harder in the first few weeks.

Revan in foundry for example would do a 30k hit when he reached 30% which means the tank had to blow all cds and probably still die and the other 3 would have to kill him from 30% down. he dont do that anymore.

Bosses in the level 20 normal mods still have more health than you can do damage in a single hit. So no, they were accurate that you didn't 1 shot any bosses in the hard modes. Unless you glitched, then you still truly didn't one shot them you glitched them.

So, I've been 50 for a few weeks but can't stand Pugging so I waited for a decent number of people to reach max level and finish their stories and whatnot. Well, yesterday we ran some hardmodes and several times throughout each one I'd hear someone in vent say: "are you sure this is Hardmode? It seems kinda easy."

We did Boarding Party and Foundry Hardmodes and 1 shot every boss aside from HK-47 (he bugged out and started hitting people for 20k) and we wiped once on the Final boss in Boarding Party (lost a dps early and didn't beat enrage).

While I was offline, my guild was able to clear the new rakghoul one (*** is the name?) on Hardmode without any trouble either.

I guess the point to this is: If a group of basically fresh level 50s can clear it with minimal effort, how is it Hardmode?

Which brings me to my next question: Is there a Nightmare mode for Flashpoints?

I guess to answer your first point - its entirely subjective. I seriously doubt you guys just floated through them with no problems, especially if your all "fresh 50's".

I'd venture to guess your pretty much just trolling, considering if your guild is so "pro", you're not a "casual". You guys looked up strats, have done these dungeons before, or something. You offer nothing new other to say that the content is too easy for you. And like I said, I have serious doubts about fresh 50's facerolling Boarding party, esp. last boss(es).

No there is no NMM for flashpoints.

I have a question for you, if your guild is so pro, why are you even doing this? I'd just leap to 1shotting NMM EV, brah.

Bosses in the level 20 normal mods still have more health than you can do damage in a single hit. So no, they were accurate that you didn't 1 shot any bosses in the hard modes. Unless you glitched, then you still truly didn't one shot them you glitched them.

This is why we have our kids stay in school.

Enrage?

Nah, he probably had the lid bug. Sometimes you will pop him out instantly, and the lid won't come up for a long time, and give him the buff, even though he wasn't supposed to get it.

Edited by Nessirin

It seems like some people got generally angry at my OP. The purpose wasn't to rub it in anyone's face that I was able to clear the Hardmodes without much trouble. I really just wanted to see if people agreed and maybe discuss some ways to make it more challenging.

As far as HK-47 is concerned: almost every time I have killed him, we have fallen prey to one of two bugs. 1. Lid comes down with him inside, but the click icons to raise it aren't there... our solution was to spam AOE attacks right up against it until he finally died. 2. Lid closes, but he is outside of it immune to damage.

Oh, and when I said "one-shot".. I meant "one attempt"... I thought that was pretty standard terminology when discussing boss kills.

It seems like some people got generally angry at my OP. The purpose wasn't to rub it in anyone's face that I was able to clear the Hardmodes without much trouble. I really just wanted to see if people agreed and maybe discuss some ways to make it more challenging.

As far as HK-47 is concerned: almost every time I have killed him, we have fallen prey to one of two bugs. 1. Lid comes down with him inside, but the click icons to raise it aren't there... our solution was to spam AOE attacks right up against it until he finally died. 2. Lid closes, but he is outside of it immune to damage.

Oh, and when I said "one-shot".. I meant "one attempt"... I thought that was pretty standard terminology when discussing boss kills.

It is. Ignore the trolls.