Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP-Nice Healer

Mookind
03.27.2013 , 05:00 AM | #11
For pvp sage/op are about even

Commando is at the bottom of the barrel. Although they get a lot closer to being even with the other 2 in 2.0.

Operatives have the roll/stealth and sorcs have force speed + invulnerability

Commando has an int shield and terrible resource management.

So if you only want to roll a tech user operative is pretty much your only choice. IMO better than the sage anyway.

Lalainnia
03.27.2013 , 07:19 AM | #12
Sages are the best healers overall in 2.0

Followed closely by Scoundrels

While even farther behind come 2.0 are commandos, mainly due to the survability boosts sages and scoundrels got while they also got boosts to their overall healing. Commandos barely got any buffs to healing while the surviability is actually lower than a sage/scoundrel.That used to be the key factor in setting a commando apart from a sage or scoundrel not anymore...
Donna-Commando-Combat Medic
When we care for others our own strength to live increases. When we help people expand their state of life, our lives also expand. Actions to benefit others are not separate from actions to benefit oneself.

Mookind
03.27.2013 , 12:29 PM | #13
The changes to alacrity are huge for ops/scoundrels, reducing our instant cast time and giving us much stronger energy regen

I can now put slow release medpac on the entire team..........

Sages don't benefit from the alacrity changes at all from a GCD perspective. And they had the best resource management in the game before the buff nothing has changed. Easier but who needed it?

Sure for spots where u can spam instant doughnut on 5+ people you might take away HPS but otherwise sages are toast.

Stealth > Invuln

Roll > Force Speed

PhatMcMuffins
03.27.2013 , 02:00 PM | #14
I have both an Op healer and Commando healer because I wanted to get into healing on both sides. I fare much better with my Op. Heals are faster and more effective. Op HoT is perfect for keeping a whole group alive as is recuperative nanotech (AoE and HoT) Stuns and stealth make it easier to escape when targeted and to sneak into the battle unnoticed.

Not to knock the commando who can take a hit much better than the Op. I love both but Op is better in my opinion.

Nortumberland
03.28.2013 , 02:48 AM | #15
Thank you for your help mates!
Just dinged both 50. Though I managed to pull 300k healing on my CM on several WZ, I enjoyed it much more on my Operative. Can't compare them for Operations/ HM FPs since my CM has 61 mods from my VG main and my Oper is Tionese only, but I find Operative to be a bit better in lower tier gear due to his resource management (I really could handle a fresh 50 party in False Emp HM even though they did everything to wipe us ( like 300% damage on BH boss). I guess on my CM I would have used SCC several times to keep them up. Though I really liked trooper style (except the huge cannon) I think I'd stick to my Agent.

P.S. Just hit 577k healing in recruit. Damn, operative is way more effective...

JouerTue
04.09.2013 , 01:15 AM | #16
i have both of'em at 50...they are a bit different but both enjoyable mechanics, pve as pvp.
i find the operative has a simpler life in pvp..great escapes and cds to move away from hot situations.you can heal on the move really effectively and keep people alive even if you get marked. the commando can be also a short time tank in pvp but you cannot stay still a second when you get marked and healing running around becomes difficult when you have your cds..

Targarion
04.15.2013 , 08:12 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Lalainnia View Post
Sages are the best healers overall in 2.0

Followed closely by Scoundrels

While even farther behind come 2.0 are commandos, mainly due to the survivability boosts sages and scoundrels got while they also got boosts to their overall healing. Commandos barely got any buffs to healing while the survivability is actually lower than a sage/scoundrel.That used to be the key factor in setting a commando apart from a sage or scoundrel not any more...
Based on my own experience I am going to disagree that commando's where left behind. Albeit true scoundrels and Sages got a proc that only made them better healers, the commando (atm) has the widest AOE range in the game, which has added more depth to our small pool of resources. With Kolto we can heal 16 allies at the same time. As well as our Kolto shield can be applied to 16 allies at the same time. We are much better mitigating damage than before and we still have one of the best and cost effective heal in the game for example: hammer shot + kolto bomb.
Legenz-Miamaden-Madhypocrisy
EXILES-Banished
GENESISLEGACY

FROIDBUSTER
04.16.2013 , 09:18 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Targarion View Post
Based on my own experience I am going to disagree that commando's where left behind. Albeit true scoundrels and Sages got a proc that only made them better healers, the commando (atm) has the widest AOE range in the game, which has added more depth to our small pool of resources. With Kolto we can heal 16 allies at the same time. As well as our Kolto shield can be applied to 16 allies at the same time. We are much better mitigating damage than before and we still have one of the best and cost effective heal in the game for example: hammer shot + kolto bomb.
This would be true if the 2.0 healing boosts Commando/Mercs received happened in a bubble where the other healers were still stuck with their 1.7 sill trees. The simple fact is though for all the new Kolto buffs were touted as the savior for the Commando/Merc class, its' still not that great.

Take the Operator IX encounter in HM TFB. You have a situation where the raid will be taking constant damage that needs to be cleaned up less your dps dies from attrition, while also cooking constant powerful heals on your tanks.

Those healing intensive fights is where the Commando/Merc falls behind. Because in fights like the Operator the raid is either completely spread out or only grouped for a short time. While spread out Op/Scoundrel HoTs completely demolish anything the other healers can upkeep wise just because of the cooldown and how easily they can roll heals on multiple targets while still having strong heals for the main tank.

Sorcs/Sage have the stronger AoE healing, while also now being able to heal tanks with almost 0 downtime.

Commando/Mercs are still in this weird middle area. They provide mostly the same buffs and AoE Sorc/Sage albeit slightly weaker. And while through their casts they have stronger heals than the Sorc/Sage they're still weaker than the numbers an Op/Scoundrel castable heals will put out while having no comparison to the Op/Socundrels ability to roll HoTs on a spread out raid.

Targarion
04.16.2013 , 12:21 PM | #19
Quote:
This would be true if the 2.0 healing boosts Commando/Mercs received happened in a bubble where the other healers were still stuck with their 1.7 sill trees. The simple fact is though for all the new Kolto buffs were touted as the savior for the Commando/Merc class, its' still not that great.
The commando's are not on the same level as scoundrels and Sages. I thought they would be buffed more, but alas it's a class that might always come in last. It's too bad because they are so much fun to play.

Quote:
Take the Operator IX encounter in HM TFB. You have a situation where the raid will be taking constant damage that needs to be cleaned up less your dps dies from attrition, while also cooking constant powerful heals on your tanks.
I don't know. I never had any trouble healing through this phase, even before patch 1.7. The skill of the healer comes into play. One healer alone could not carry the entire group, of couse not, but two healers can. Again I can only defer to my own experience.

Quote:
Those healing intensive fights is where the Commando/Merc falls behind. Because in fights like the Operator the raid is either completely spread out or only grouped for a short time. While spread out Op/Scoundrel HoTs completely demolish anything the other healers can upkeep wise just because of the cooldown and how easily they can roll heals on multiple targets while still having strong heals for the main tank.
I am not sure where you going with this. I didn't mean to insinuate that Scoundrels weren't suprior healers to us CM, but that we have been given a new proc that have closed the gap - if ever so slightly. I have a lot of respect for what scoundrels can do. I have level 50 operative healer since patch 1.3 so I know what they are about.

Quote:
Sorcs/Sage have the stronger AoE healing, while also now being able to heal tanks with almost 0 downtime.
True, they have been buffed signifcantly. Maybe arguably the best healing class in game atm. A little too early to tell if they can match the scoundrels, because most players are not even in Partisian gear yet and learning how they fair against the other classes

Quote:
Commando/Mercs are still in this weird middle area. They provide mostly the same buffs and AoE Sorc/Sage albeit slightly weaker. And while through their casts they have stronger heals than the Sorc/Sage they're still weaker than the numbers an Op/Scoundrel castable heals will put out while having no comparison to the Op/Socundrels ability to roll HoTs on a spread out raid.
Yeah, gotta give mad props to the scoundrels. But I've noticed that 90% of CM healers don't know how to get the most from their CM healers. In the combat medic skill-tree it explains the importance of supercharging combat support cell for extra healing and damage mitigation bonuses and very few of of us actually use it.
Legenz-Miamaden-Madhypocrisy
EXILES-Banished
GENESISLEGACY