Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A few Questions for us all...

Selenial
09.24.2013 , 01:23 PM | #251
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
And the whole hating Post-RotJ because of all the OP stuff well look at force unleashed, look at Vitiate, look at Nihilus at the end of the day star wars has a lot of OP characters and stuff in it. Its not regulated to Post RotJ Luke.
Ehh, Galen wasn't that OP... He still had difficulty facing Vader...

Nihilus had a weakness... Vitiate can be killed in Single combat...

And I don't really mind him, I just like hopping on the Hate bandwagon
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Beniboybling
09.24.2013 , 01:26 PM | #252
No I didn't mind him truthfully it was just hard to have tension when you felt 1 guy could solo the situation. At the same time I really like the idea of the Yuuzong Vong as well the hate is likely how they handled it more so then anything else.

And the whole hating Post-RotJ because of all the OP stuff well look at force unleashed, look at Vitiate, look at Nihilus at the end of the day star wars has a lot of OP characters and stuff in it. Its not regulated to Post RotJ Luke.
I don't like Luke Skywalker, too over powered and altogether rather bland. But that's just my opinion.

As for the rest:

Vitiate - too overpowered, I agree. Doesn't make the post-ROTJ any less guilty.

Nihilus - perfect example of how an OP character should be designed. Power, but at a cost. Nihilus isn't even a man any more, he's become so powerful that that power has consumed him. Makes sense.

P.S. And inter-galactic alien invaders I feel just isn't in keeping with the fantasy aspect of Star Wars.

tunewalker
09.24.2013 , 01:28 PM | #253
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I don't like Luke Skywalker, too over powered and altogether rather bland. But that's just my opinion.

As for the rest:

Vitiate - too overpowered, I agree. Doesn't make the post-ROTJ any less guilty.

Nihilus - perfect example of how an OP character should be designed. Power, but at a cost. Nihilus isn't even a man any more, he's become so powerful that that power has consumed him. Makes sense.

P.S. And inter-galactic alien invaders I feel just isn't in keeping with the fantasy aspect of Star Wars.
Its keeping with the Sci-fi side of it and its essentially the same story we have here just replace sith with Vong and done its essentially the same thing just with out taking a dump on continuity.

Edit: here is a question for you guys how do you create a galactic wide threat in a Post- Jedi Academy world with out making Luke fall to the darkside, no more imperial remnant as its been over done and over used by that point and it doesn't take a dump on continuity by having a bunch of sith show up when there aren't supposed to be any?

Selenial
09.24.2013 , 01:34 PM | #254
Edit: here is a question for you guys how do you create a galactic wide threat in a Post- Jedi Academy world with out making Luke fall to the darkside, no more imperial remnant as its been over done and over used by that point and it doesn't take a dump on continuity by having a bunch of sith show up when there aren't supposed to be any?
Second Jedi civil war, some Jedi feel the Praxeum isn't going where it should be and Rebel.... Taking a lot of republic forces with them.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Wolfninjajedi
09.24.2013 , 01:36 PM | #255
Its keeping with the Sci-fi side of it and its essentially the same story we have here just replace sith with Vong and done its essentially the same thing just with out taking a dump on continuity.

Time traveling, a rip in the space/time continuum thrusts forward a bunch of Sith purebloods. I mean time traveling is a rare thing in Star Wars anyway, so it isn't like it would be an overused cliche thing.

From there, said Purebloods are found by the Republic and well there is a basis for a story.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

tunewalker
09.24.2013 , 01:37 PM | #256
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Time traveling, a rip in the space/time continuum thrusts forward a bunch of Sith purebloods. I mean time traveling is a rare thing in Star Wars anyway, so it isn't like it would be an overused cliche thing.

From there, said Purebloods are found by the Republic and well there is a basis for a story.
I don't there has ever been time travel in star wars.....

Wolfninjajedi
09.24.2013 , 01:40 PM | #257
I don't there has ever been time travel in star wars.....
There has been, it's been a minor thing though really.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling
09.24.2013 , 01:41 PM | #258

...Que?

Are you referring to the Great Galactic War? I.e. the invasion of the Sith from Sith Space - the Sith being descendants of an ancient and Egyptian-esque Empire who effectively wield sorcery.

BioWare have got genre spot on, as they always do. And no dump has been taken on continuity, though rather that that a dump of the essence of the entire Star Wars franchise itself.

tunewalker
09.24.2013 , 01:45 PM | #259
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
...Que?

Are you referring to the Great Galactic War? I.e. the invasion of the Sith from Sith Space - the Sith being descendants of an ancient and Egyptian-esque Empire who effectively wield sorcery.

BioWare have got genre spot on, as they always do. And no dump has been taken on continuity, though rather that that a dump of the essence of the entire Star Wars franchise itself.
Not saying bioware has but if they did that in a Post-RotJ world it would be a dump on continuity (this again comes in where I feel like people only ever read every other word I say or take bigger meaning into something than what I am saying) what they did is fine but doing that in Post-RotJ world would be enrageing. What the Post-RotJ did was THE SAME THING except they used an alien race instead of sith as sith don't make sense at the time. Star wars is a Sci-fi fantasy genre so a group of Bio-weapon wielding aliens that believe the Force is an abomination is ALSO in the essence of what the Star Wars franchise is. It may have been poorly handled but the idea itself should not be considered blasphemy.

Beniboybling
09.24.2013 , 01:51 PM | #260
Not saying bioware has but if they did that in a Post-RotJ world it would be a dump on continuity (this again comes in where I feel like people only ever read every other word I say or take bigger meaning into something than what I am saying) what they did is fine but doing that in Post-RotJ world would be enrageing. What the Post-RotJ did was THE SAME THING except they used an alien race instead of sith as sith don't make sense at the time. Star wars is a Sci-fi fantasy genre so a group of Bio-weapon wielding aliens that believe the Force is an abomination is ALSO in the essence of what the Star Wars franchise is. It may have been poorly handled but the idea itself should not be considered blasphemy.
Its not the same, because they used an alien race instead of the Sith. HUGE difference right there. The line between fantasy and sci-fi crossed and stamped on.

Simply put I feel the Vong sway too far into the realm of sci-fi, when in reality Star Wars is inherently fantasy but set in a science fiction setting. The introduction of the Vong seems to reverse that, we've got an inherently science fiction theme (alien invaders) with fantasy attached to it. And I don't feel it works.

Essentially it is blasphemy.