PTS Closed

EricMusco

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/335820870

Time 02:02

Charles: We want to make running a guild easier as well because certainly our guild leaders are a key part of our community

Musco: Yep

I've been running a guild in your game for over 6 years. We've survived multiple server merges and have hundreds of active paying subscribers among our ranks. We run over 150 events each month for our guild members along with several regular server events.

You talk about making things easier for guild leaders and officers to run our guilds. The following are questions that are directly related to improvements for managing guilds that will actually save hours upon hours of time for those of us that voluntarily run guilds in your game. When I checked the PTS I saw that none of these have been addressed. Can you give feedback please?

Please can you make the "top 5 CQ scoring characters" list into a "top 10 CQ legacy scorers" list as a lot of the guilds that give out prizes do so based on legacy and they have to total the scores manually which sucks with 1000 characters. This usually takes me 1-2 hours each Monday night.

Can you remove the delay in sending mails to individual guild members? Each Monday after totaling up all my guild members character scores across 3 guilds I then have to send 20-30 prize mails. There is a 1 minute delay between being able to send each prize mail which drags a simple task out to over 30-40 minutes.

Will you be fixing the guild panel stealing chat focus bug? This is when you are typing in any text field with the guild panel open. As soon as somebody logs in/out or changes instance the guild panel steals the focus and the keypresses you were doing for the next word in chat start firing off hotkeys instead.

Can you add a confirmation box for guild kicks? This will help with accidental large group kicks which still happen due to the group row selection bug still being present. Icing on the cake would be if it can be toggled on and off in preferences so when we hit 1000 characters and have to free up room we can temporarily turn off the confirmation.

Will you be fixing the bug were we can't /w people with foreign characters in their name from the guild panel? Currently the only two ways around this are (1) you wait for them to type in chat and then left click their name or (2) you have to search for your guild name in the /who panel and /w them from that.

Can you make it so we can right click a name in chat and send a guild invite? It would help when people /w to join our guilds. Currently we have to either manually type their name using the Windows Character Map tool or we left click to trigger the "/whisper SomeName" text, then delete the "/whisper" and type "/ginvite" which is frustrating in itself because what tends to happen is as you type /g it switches you to guild chat and deletes part of the name you are trying to invite!

What is the maximum time duration or maximum number of rows displayed in the new guild log? As a busy guild we could generate over 500 lines in less than 2 weeks.

You told us that Reinforcement Components are bind on pickup (and we can see this on PTS) but are Reinforcement Modules also BoP?

Can you add guild logging for who sets the gold star "Set As Primary" on characters? I tested this on PTS and logging does not record this.

Can you fix the custom chat channel permission system with 5.10? (Bug Details). It's been broken since 2013.

Can you post the CQ schedule in advance again like you have in the past so we can plan accordingly?

Will you post the rotating perks schedule in advance so we can plan events around them?

Can you please sort the guild keys panel alphabetically? Currently a guild with several hundred characters has to cycle through 70+ pages to find someone even if their name is AAAAAAAAAAAA :)

Another key panel request...can you remove or move the tooltip for the Next arrow below the names? It covers the bottom name so you have to move the cursor off the arrow each time you move to a new page.

Will you be properly fixing the group select bug on the guild panel with 5.10?

Will you be fixing the guild ships and strongholds vanishing bug with 5.10? (Details)

The next two questions are not really about management so I thought I'd sneak them in at the bottom!

Will you increase the number of strongholds a guild can own?

Can you increase the number of hooks on guild ships? A fully unlocked ship can only have 800 decorations. That sounds like a lot but it's not when you factor in all the rooms. Rishi has 1600.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/335820870

Time 02:02

Charles: We want to make running a guild easier as well because certainly our guild leaders are a key part of our community

Musco: Yep

Please can you make the "top 5 CQ scoring characters" list into a "top 10 CQ legacy scorers" list as a lot of the guilds that give out prizes do so based on legacy and they have to total the scores manually which sucks with 1000 characters. This usually takes me 1-2 hours each Monday night.

Will you be fixing the guild panel stealing chat focus bug? This is when you are typing in any text field with the guild panel open. As soon as somebody logs in/out or changes instance the guild panel steals the focus and the keypresses you were doing for the next word in chat start firing off hotkeys instead.

Can you add a confirmation box for guild kicks? This will help with accidental large group kicks which still happen due to the group row selection bug still being present. Icing on the cake would be if it can be toggled on and off in preferences so when we hit 1000 characters and have to free up room we can temporarily turn off the confirmation.

Will you be fixing the bug were we can't /w people with foreign characters in their name from the guild panel? Currently the only two ways around this are (1) you wait for them to type in chat and then left click their name or (2) you have to search for your guild name in the /who panel and /w them from that.

Can you make it so we can right click a name in chat and send a guild invite? It would help when people /w to join our guilds. Currently we have to either manually type their name using the Windows Character Map tool or we left click to trigger the "/whisper SomeName" text, then delete the "/whisper" and type "/ginvite" which is frustrating in itself because what tends to happen is as you type /g it switches you to guild chat and deletes part of the name you are trying to invite!

Can you please sort the guild keys panel alphabetically? Currently a guild with several hundred characters has to cycle through 70+ pages to find someone even if their name is AAAAAAAAAAAA :)

Another key panel request...can you remove or move the tooltip for the Next arrow below the names? It covers the bottom name so you have to move the cursor off the arrow each time you move to a new page.

Will you be properly fixing the group select bug on the guild panel with 5.10?

Will you increase the number of strongholds a guild can own?

All of this, yes! (I edited out those points that I regard as minor or guild individual)

Especially the conquest guild internal ranking. I mean, did the guy responsible for implementing this use at least one brain cell and thought into this before doing so!? That is a honest question. I guess not because in case you do you can't possibly come up with a character based ranking which has no value at all and is nonsense^100 to begin with. The only logical choice here is obviously a legacy based one and it's beyond me how someone can't see this.

Regarding guild invites via right click: This works already UlaVii, but only if you are in a certain range, so it's basically useless in like 9 of 10 cases.

All of the above requests/issues are LONG overdue to be fixed and are in fact major issues but have been ignored since. It seems even now in the overhauling process of the guild system, which is unbelievable imho.

Edited by Khaleg

Regarding guild invites via right click: This works already UlaVii, but only if you are in a certain range, so it's basically useless in like 9 of 10 cases.

I have alwwys found this intrusive, so I have turned that off for ALL of my characters !

I mean, why can't I have it turned off legacy-wide, too ?

Regarding guild invites via right click: This works already UlaVii, but only if you are in a certain range, so it's basically useless in like 9 of 10 cases

I know it works in close range. My request was that the same command can be made global so when somebody /w us for an invite we can right click their name in chat and invite them.

I have alwwys found this intrusive, so I have turned that off for ALL of my characters!

It's the random guild invites themselves you find intrusive and most of those are sent via text chat. I get 2-3 a day with my unguilded characters and they are in my strongholds so they can't be using the right click invite method.

I know it works in close range. My request was that the same command can be made global so when somebody /w us for an invite we can right click their name in chat and invite them.

Well, it's with more or less every command you activated through chat. I sometimes wish to report the stupid trolls and spammers in custom-chat for something more appropriate, but you can only report them for spam when you're not close enough. Very annoying.

so it done.

tier 5 will be a long and boring farm content... how shame am i.

once again you are making a big mistake.

despite i'm not thinkin, that they will change somethin on this system, closing the pts doesnt mean the wont change anything. changes to gearing system wouldnt been anything to be tested on pts.

Its early December - that is when the new update was promised to launch not the announcement for the new update. You guys know how to string things out.

Please stay tuned for the announcement of when I will pay my sub - I should announce it in the coming days....get the idea?!:p

Edited by hillerbees

Its early December - that is when the new update was promised to launch not the announcement for the new update. You guys know how to string things out.

Please stay tuned for the announcement of when I will pay my sub - I should announce it in the coming days....get the idea?!:p

It was posted on the swtor twitter as the previous poster linked, With that being said, BW should have posted it on the Dev tracker as well. Not every player uses social media like twitter/facebook. I know I will never use them.

I just think announcements like that should be put in both areas, so those who use facebook/twitter, and those that mainly use the gaming forums have chances at seeing them without relying on other people to link them.

Edited by Toraak

It was posted on the swtor twitter as the previous poster linked, With that being said, BW should have posted it on the Dev tracker as well. Not every player uses social media like twitter/facebook. I know I will never use them.

I just think announcements like that should be put in both areas, so those who use facebook/twitter, and those that mainly use the gaming forums have chances at seeing them without relying on other people to link them.

Yes I agree with you and thanks to you both. I was not aware of the twitter feed - I always (wrongly it seems) assume that the official website and dev post is THE first place they would anounce important updates and that Twitter feeds would be just used for incidental info and times when the site is being updated.

I usually leave Twitter to Mr. Trump and other like minded polititions who like to think this a hip and groovy way to keep in touch with young voters.

Thanks again for letting me know. (Btw I will not be using Twitter to update the community of my impending sub update :cool: )