Giant freakin robot!

ImmortalLowlife

I was wandering around on Coursuant the other day, & I saw the biggest droid I've ever seen in this game! Am I correct in thinking that it was one of the infamous "world bosses"? And how do u go about fighting them? (Meaning do u have to be in a group or does everyone who runs up & attacks get xp for it?)

Yup you found a world boss. You will need to be in a group to fight and get credit for killing a world boss. Sill remember the first tme I saw that one, I wasn't paying attention and ran into the area where it is at....and then promptly got dead lol

...Sill remember the first tme I saw that one, I wasn't paying attention and ran into the area where it is at....and then promptly got dead lol

Yup pretty much what happened to me, saw it & proceeded to go "Starkiller" on it...Smdh... fight lasted bout 20sec Lmao So is there one on every planet?

Edited by ImmortalLowlife
adding more to it

Yup pretty much what happened to me, saw it & proceeded to go "Starkiller" on it...Smdh... fight lasted bout 20sec Lmao So is there one on every planet?

Heh. Same thing happened to me.

Most planets have world bosses (except for the four starting planets). Here is a list, if you're interested:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=105905

There is also a quest you can pick up on the fleet (in the supplies area I think?) that gives you rewards for killing the world bosses at your level.

My run-in with a WB happened on Voss...although you actually had to click on a node for him to appear. And me, being all curious, was like "oh look! A shiny object to click on!....oh sh-..."

DEAD

I did the EXACT same thing on Voss, haha.

There seems to be a trend forming here.:o

It looks like a Lore Object... :eek:

I know someone who did that just as a group from the opposite faction was getting ready to fight it...

But yes, that is SD-01, the world boss of Coruscant. He has 191,863 hit points and has been known to one-shot level 50s... :o

But yes, that is SD-01, the world boss of Coruscant. He has 191,863 hit points and has been known to one-shot level 50s... :o

Yeah, this boss has always been a classic example of how mechanics and skill are the most important thing in the game. Understanding the mechanics of this fight can let someone solo it (with a companion out) and lack understanding can wipe a full group of 16 levels 50s.

I remember this as well..

I'm an alto-holic and I used to always go up that path when doing the quest where you have to kill the enemies in that area, and about my 6th time going up that way I ran right into it (wasn't there any of the other times) and was so confused lol.

It looks like a Lore Object... :eek:

I know someone who did that just as a group from the opposite faction was getting ready to fight it...

Mouseover: Lore Object. I wish I thought of that when I was leveling on Tatooine and saw that skull among a ring of dead jawas.

And SD-01 one-shots 50s because of that silly... proximity... thing, iirc.

Heh. Same thing happened to me.

Most planets have world bosses (except for the four starting planets). Here is a list, if you're interested:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=105905

There is also a quest you can pick up on the fleet (in the supplies area I think?) that gives you rewards for killing the world bosses at your level.

Isn't the Harvester on Hutta, for example, a " newbie's first WB " ? I believe there's also a tough Gold mob on Tython, n the way to the forge area ( not the fleshraider one patrolling the road ) .

Mouseover: Lore Object. I wish I thought of that when I was leveling on Tatooine and saw that skull among a ring of dead jawas.

And SD-01 one-shots 50s because of that silly... proximity... thing, iirc.

Same thing happen to me on Taris. First time I played the game, I clicked on something called mysterious dead jedi or something. I thought it was a lore object, and bam! Dead...

BEST ADVICE:

If you see something click-able, hover your mouse over the item.

* IF it is a LORE item, it will say it is a lore item and what the lore is.

* IF it has some eerie allure to it, step back

Example:

# 1 : In Dune Sea on Tatooine.

Skull with a ring of dead jawas wrapped around it.

Click to spawn the world boss TRAPJAW.

---> for Republic & Empire factions.

# 2: Taris.

Dead Jedi, laying on ground.

Click to spawn the world boss THE ANCIENT ONE.

---> for Empire faction only.

# 3: Voss.

A stone.

Click to spawn the world boss NIGHTMARE PILGRIM

(as well as his dog "THE THING FROM THE STARS").

---> for Republic & Empire factions.

NOTES:

* These world bosses (listed above) have a clickable-able item to spawn them,

the other world bosses are either stationary or patrolling an area. So, if you dont

see one of the stationary or patrolling world bosses in their area,

it means it was just defeated, and has yet to respawn.

* Also be advised that if you are in a group, and someone not in your group spawns

or attacks the world boss before your team does, but your team actually kills the

world boss, the credit & loot goes to the person who attacked or spawned the world boss.

As long as the person who spawned or attacked the world boss first is in your group,

everyone in the group gets the credit / loot / codex.

* Also familiarize yourself with the different types of mobs...

When you mouse over an enemy and it has their class in the bottom right

---> Standard or weak

---> Elite

---> Strong

---> Champion

---> Heroic World Boss

Edited by JediCounsular

Isn't the Harvester on Hutta, for example, a " newbie's first WB " ? I believe there's also a tough Gold mob on Tython, n the way to the forge area ( not the fleshraider one patrolling the road ) .

Yes, there's a champion droid up there.

Yeah it's just anoyed me, I was in a ops group fighting away and suddenly 1 hit and I am gone, respawn back to the med center but by the time I rejoined the group it had already fallen, so my quest did not even update. Cant be bothered to do that again until I am much higher (I am a level 25 commando)

My run-in with a WB happened on Voss...although you actually had to click on a node for him to appear. And me, being all curious, was like "oh look! A shiny object to click on!....oh sh-..."

DEAD

lol i did exactly the same :D bloody nightmare pilgrim and his doggy gave me a free heart attack :D

Ok, so I got with a group over the weekend & we took out "the first". It was cool, but after it was over & I hit greed for my share of the Purple gear drops my level 16 Sith assassin didn't get SQUAT! But I noticed a couple of higher level players (one was 46 & one was 50) got everything. I know they won "greed" rolls, but I was like WTH?!? Is this typical? & tell me they gonna do something to make the rolls fairer. Next time I'll just "Need" tha armor I wanted....

#drops mic & continues to yell at the screen 2 days later...

DEAD

Hehe. First time in the Dune Sea on Tattooine I came across the interesting looking skull. "Hmmm... That doesn't sound like a trap, and the dead bodies all over the ground can't be significant, obviously I should click this thing."

Stomp stomp stomp > Backhand > "Holy crap"

10 toons and more than a year later in Section X I'm killing mobs for a daily and saw Dreadtooth passing by in the distance. A minute later my companion does an AOE and I hear a subtle noise, pan camera 180, and Dreadtooth is bent forward staring at my toon from about 5 ft. away.

Rawrrrr > Smack > "I must be a slow learner"

Edited by Joesixxpack