How was Han Solo able to wear Trooper armor in SW IV?

Andge

As the title says, I don't understand how Han Solo could put on the trooper's heavy armor when him and Luke are on the Death Star. I mean, as a smuggler shouldn't he only be able to wear medium armor? I guess maybe he was lucky he found a set of adaptive armor? Edited by Andge

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the title says, I don't understand how Han Solo could put on the trooper's heavy armor when him and Luke are on the Death Star. I mean, as a smuggler shouldn't he only be able to wear medium armor? I guess maybe he was lucky he found a set of adaptive armor?

Imperial Trooper Armor is Adaptive. He was just a CE holder.

Well I sure hope the new Star Wars movies will make more sense than the old ones. Seems the more you dig into this, the old films totally fall apart. Disney should release digitally revised editions sorting this out.

Same goes for Luke! He was only a Jedi Knight who hadn't chosen his Advanced Class! And how'd he get a blaster, eh? ;)

Luke wasn't a Jedi at that point, also don't confuse a film with a game, a film has to make some nod to reality, were anybody can put on a piece of armour. The game restricts armour to balance the classes, in (un)real life a Jedi could calve through a dozen troopers or bounty hunters without breaking a sweat

As the title says, I don't understand how Han Solo could put on the trooper's heavy armor when him and Luke are on the Death Star. I mean, as a smuggler shouldn't he only be able to wear medium armor? I guess maybe he was lucky he found a set of adaptive armor?

It was adaptive armor.

Luke wasn't a Jedi at that point, also don't confuse a film with a game, a film has to make some nod to reality, were anybody can put on a piece of armour. The game restricts armour to balance the classes, in (un)real life a Jedi could calve through a dozen troopers or bounty hunters without breaking a sweat

You do know I was joking...right?

lolololol, sorry, but are you joking alex?

It's a neat point.

Frankly I think any character should be able to wear any type of armor, but give them some nasty debuff or handicap the armor's stats. That'd have the added bonus of all equipment being usable in a social capacity, but retain class balance in combat.