Ashara Zavros have to Light side romance?

RJSpectre

• 8 years later...

Ya my sorc is DS5 and he romanced her. we got back together when we were reunited after the newer quests so you should be fine.

Edit: Oh wow I didn't even look at the dates of the OP, well getting answers like this on the topic helps others still. Alot of questions I've had I googled and ended up coming to mostly forum posts and seeing peoples replies help. Might not help the original person but if anyone else searches for it they might get lucky and end up seeing the post.

Edited by Bxvx

• 4 months later...
Necro aside, it always felt dumb that to romance ashara or have any productive convo with her you had to pretend to be LS. This always felt like a bug.

It's even worse with light side Jaesa. You can't romance her, but she acts like you two have some secret plan to change the Empire from within even if you have never said or agreed to anything like that. Even worse, she's still like that when she eventually returns after KOTET. It's the sole reason why both of my Warriors have dark side Jaesa.

Edited by ruffolofi

Supposedly Ashara was originally going to have divergent personalities like Jaesa but it was cut before release. I read that on the forum though, so I have no idea if it's true.

I think the vanilla story, up to and past corellia, suffer a bit from how companions are apparently essential to all the different teams. I think some of the class/alignment combinations would have been more immersive if there were options to either exile or kill companions that had a moral conflict with the main character.

The problem with that though is that it would have to cover all companions and not just a few, which might have been to expansive to write. I think most companions could make sense with any main character alignment, Ashara is a good example of a companion that would make sense to have some sort of crisis point with her master.

Another example is Broonmark who's just nuts. I love light side warrior and I always wanted an option to just say "no dude, I don't care for your service, go away."

Edited by JuventusAndFCK

I think the vanilla story, up to and past corellia, suffer a bit from how companions are apparently essential to all the different teams. I think some of the class/alignment combinations would have been more immersive if there were options to either exile or kill companions that had a moral conflict with the main character.

Apparently, in the beta versions of the game, you *could* kill certain companions, but it got removed because people complained about how they killed Quinn (their sole healer companion(1)) and now Quinn was, like, really dead and couldn't heal them any more.

There's a couple of *obvious* spots where the option is missing, in the spoiler box:

* When Quinn betrays you before going to Corellia, after the fight.

* Kaliyo in the Wheezer incident.

(1) This was before 1.0, and multi-role combat companions didn't arrive until 4.0.

Apparently, in the beta versions of the game, you *could* kill certain companions, but it got removed because people complained about how they killed Quinn (their sole healer companion(1)) and now Quinn was, like, really dead and couldn't heal them any more.

There's a couple of *obvious* spots where the option is missing, in the spoiler box:

* When Quinn betrays you before going to Corellia, after the fight.

* Kaliyo in the Wheezer incident.

(1) This was before 1.0, and multi-role combat companions didn't arrive until 4.0.

Those two examples have the benefit of having scenarios where it makes sense at least. It's a pity the current companion class system weren't in use back then.

Other exaples I'd have liked a crisis point with:

Dark side smuggler: Corso. He's too good to keep up with selfish bull I feel like. He should have had more of a personal conflict with the captain.

Dark side trooper: Both Jorgan and Elara would have made sense to at least have more of a problem with a dark sider. Elara is all about regulation and Jorgan has a deep sense of right and wrong, the dark side trooper is the embodiment of corruption.

Dark side Knight: Kira should have at least had a problem romancing the male in this case. Her experiences are more varied than many Jedi I suppose but she is also a character with a sense of right and wrong.

Light side warrior: Broonmark, like I mentioned.

Light side Quizzy: I'd have liked some flavor with Xalek actually. It would have made him a more interesting companion if he had some intuition about his masters nature and at least challenged them a bit. As it is he's just a dude standing around in the ship.

Bounty hunter: Skadge wouldn't even have needed specific alignment for a conflict. The man's practically an active threat from the moment he steps onto the ship. Mako might have been more interesting in the late game if she had a point of crisis with a hunter that was dark side but that might have annoyed users since dark side is the assumed role of imperial characters.

Edited by JuventusAndFCK

Don't know why people think Ashara is light sided. Take her around Belsavis and Voss, she approves of some real nasty stuff. You see her using the dark side in the SOR Inq intro cinematic and on her return, she is obviously dark-sided. Edited by rumpol

Don't know why people think Ashara is light sided. Take her around Belsavis and Voss, she approves of some real nasty stuff. You see her using the dark side in the SOR Inq intro cinematic and on her return, she is obviously dark-sided.

I don't know that she is obviously dark sided but I think she and Jaesa have a much less naive view of Jedi Master's discipline and don't ascribe to the narrow view of the Force that the Jedi have.

In fact, dare I say that I see a lot of parallels between post KOTET Ashara and Ahsoka Tano from Chapter 13 (season 2 episode 4) of the Mandalorian.

Ahsoka is pretty focused, some might even call her ruthless, in her fight against the forces occupying the city on Corvus. I think its deeper than a mere "the ends justify the means" utilitarian morality. I believe her stated reasons for refusing to train Grogu (that she saw how strong attachments can ruin even the best of the Jedi), and I don't think she refused because she has turned away from the Light side of the Force. However, this mission to locate Gd. Adm. Thrawn seems to be more than just a mere search for Ezra Bridger. I might even say that a "proper" or "dogmatic" Jedi Knight would have accepted Ezra's final action to liberate Lothal as the heroic sacrifice it was, and accepted his death as part of the Will of the Force. Yet Ahsoka has taken it upon herself not to seek out the one who ultimately restored balance to the Force (Luke, the son of her Master), but instead the against-all-odds mission to locate Thrawn. There's obviously a lot more to the story that has yet to be told, but Morgan Elsbeth was not mentioned anywhere in Star Wars Rebels, though she is in Clone Wars Season 4 Episode 14, which leads me to conclude Elsbeth was not a part of Thrawn's inner circle at the time of his and Ezra's disappearance. That means Elsbeth was either his protege before he undertook the TIE Defender project on Lothal (but after the events of the three Thrawn novels), or after he returned to known space. And if Thrawn returned to known space sometime after the Battle of Yavin, where is Ezra?

My point is that Ahsoka seems driven in a way that cannot be explained by strict adherence to Jedi principles. The line, "I am no Jedi," spoken to Darth Vader on Malachor, may be as applicable to her philosophy in the post-Battle of Endor galaxy as much as it was in pre-Battle of Yavin galaxy. So, if Ahsoka has embraced a larger view of the Force, perhaps so has Ashara.

I dare say - and this might be somewhat inflamatory - that Ashara is almost a spiritual successor to Revan in a way. As a Jedi Padawan, she craved action, excitement, adventure, looking to fight the Sith whenever and however possible, driven by emotions and often showing jealousy, pride and even anger. As 'apprentice' to a Sith, she learned to be more thoughtful and tactical, show patience while waiting the moment to strike (even she admits to a DS Inquisitor that she's biding her time and learning until she powerful enough to face them) and control her emotions.

What was it Darkspanner on Dromund Kaas used to describe Revan; 'As a Jedi, he was a warrior that slaughtered thousands; as a Sith, he was a teacher that trained a hundred apprentices"?

I don't know that she is obviously dark sided but I think she and Jaesa have a much less naive view of Jedi Master's discipline and don't ascribe to the narrow view of the Force that the Jedi have.

In fact, dare I say that I see a lot of parallels between post KOTET Ashara and Ahsoka Tano from Chapter 13 (season 2 episode 4) of the Mandalorian.

Ahsoka is pretty focused, some might even call her ruthless, in her fight against the forces occupying the city on Corvus. I think its deeper than a mere "the ends justify the means" utilitarian morality. I believe her stated reasons for refusing to train Grogu (that she saw how strong attachments can ruin even the best of the Jedi), and I don't think she refused because she has turned away from the Light side of the Force. However, this mission to locate Gd. Adm. Thrawn seems to be more than just a mere search for Ezra Bridger. I might even say that a "proper" or "dogmatic" Jedi Knight would have accepted Ezra's final action to liberate Lothal as the heroic sacrifice it was, and accepted his death as part of the Will of the Force. Yet Ahsoka has taken it upon herself not to seek out the one who ultimately restored balance to the Force (Luke, the son of her Master), but instead the against-all-odds mission to locate Thrawn. There's obviously a lot more to the story that has yet to be told, but Morgan Elsbeth was not mentioned anywhere in Star Wars Rebels, though she is in Clone Wars Season 4 Episode 14, which leads me to conclude Elsbeth was not a part of Thrawn's inner circle at the time of his and Ezra's disappearance. That means Elsbeth was either his protege before he undertook the TIE Defender project on Lothal (but after the events of the three Thrawn novels), or after he returned to known space. And if Thrawn returned to known space sometime after the Battle of Yavin, where is Ezra?

My point is that Ahsoka seems driven in a way that cannot be explained by strict adherence to Jedi principles. The line, "I am no Jedi," spoken to Darth Vader on Malachor, may be as applicable to her philosophy in the post-Battle of Endor galaxy as much as it was in pre-Battle of Yavin galaxy. So, if Ahsoka has embraced a larger view of the Force, perhaps so has Ashara.

Take a look at Ashara in the Alliance base. She is channelling the dark side.