When Can We Test 6.0 Combat, etc.

MandFlurry

And remember, the PTS feedback isnt likely to be used to make major changes, inclusions or exclusions. Its likely going to be used for number crunching and tweaking the existing plan they have already set in motion. I have a feeling many of the critics are going into PTS thinking they are going to make sweeping changes, when BW isnt likely to do so.

This is usually the cold hard facts, unless were doing the focused beta's where the 'said company' is asking for group feedback, from said testers, this a terrible reality. And the real problem is that Bioware should be taking more feedback from more of their community, instead of a few key members, that doesn't represent more of the mainstream.

Hey there,

Let me add some clarity to our PTS schedule and then I can let you know the current plan for getting hands-on with PTS. So, when we initially talked about when PTS would be available I don't think we framed it very well. When we stated June, we didn't necessarily mean playable in June, but that would we would be providing you with in-depth information where you could start providing feedback. Throughout the whole PTS process there are going to be two components:

1. Giving you the details on the PTS forum so that you can provide your thoughts and feedback.
  2. Placing those same things as playable on PTS to get your hands-on feedback.

Obviously we are at step 1 of that process right now but we definitely understand that you are all very eager to get your hands on Onslaught. Tentatively, we are aiming to have the initial version of PTS up next week. This PTS will contain the information which we have revealed to you on the PTS forum up to this point, so, tacticals, set bonuses, and the new abilities of:

• Sith Inquisitor
  • Sith Warrior
  • Sorcerer
  • Assassin
  • Juggernaut
  • Marauder

Keep in mind that next week is tentative and could change. We will have a blog to coincide with the launch of PTS to give you all of the details.

Thanks!

-eric

Lol, hey folks john madden here to tell you how progress will be about 6.0 :

You know Bioware cracks some bad jokes when they give us ingo on something we shoudl test then come up wiht a lame excuse for why players are not testing it. This just seems and feels the same way as Bug Raid boss, when a dev told me on pts that the Colicoid was a placeholder and then we got a lame excuse as to why we have a colicoid as a geonosian queen...

&.0 will be the new 3.0. Took 3 months to fix the revan fight.... took them 4 weeks to fix the meat tree, took them another X weeks to fix issues with Underlurker and Yavin 4.... Grind.0 will be awesome. If i were Biowarer i would release the pts version a week before and then say "When we said september we actually meant after september...."

Edited by LordAppius
f

No one here has any faith or trust on what Bioware says these days, for me that was lost when they failed time after time to deliver what was promissed.

If, by a miracle, 6.0 is delivered on September, i forsee the following, miserable story with no logic conection to what we have been doing, since that has been the trend after Ziost, #nologic, and they will pull yet another weapon of mass destruction or bring Vitiate alive. Malgus is already a puppet, would use another word but the post would just be deleted...

The story so far has been miserable, sadly this is the only star wars mmo out there. I've seen mods for other steam star wars games that are far better than what ppl who are being paid deliver us here....

You know any feed back we give you on this forum with out testing is all hypothetical?

It would be better if you just dump the classes on the PTS in what ever form they are at the moment. Bugs and all and let’s us test what you’ve done so we can give you real feed back.

Even if you just drop Alpha versions of the changes for us to test. Then you can move onto the beta with some better player feed back before a prelaunch test.

This is how I’ve done Alpha and beta testing in other games in the last 25 years.

At the moment, it feels like you are just finalising the changes and we will be stuck with them, warts and all. There is no point of the PTS if you don’t have time to change anything.

Please, don’t delay another week. Dump what you’ve got so we can test the combat changes. No one here is asking to test onslaught content.

This will be one of the few times I agree with this player, don't expect it will happen again any time soon. I understand what Eric has said, that BW are looking at players thoughts before actual feedback on the PTS but Trixxie is right. At this point any feedback is and can only be hypothetical. Even that is very subjective until we get to read all class changes coming. Now Eric how much subjective hypothetical thoughts on a few class changes are really going to be that useful?

Still on the plus side you did write them up well and if they play like they read Eric the few we have read look OK. That will depend though on the other class changes we have yet to read, and the big IF is of course if actual play is as good as the write up. I understand some saying this is too strong or that seems overly powerful, but you know without seeing the rest and no actual play testing does not mean all that much.

No one here has any faith or trust on what Bioware says these days, for me that was lost when they failed time after time to deliver what was promissed.

If, by a miracle, 6.0 is delivered on September, i forsee the following, miserable story with no logic conection to what we have been doing, since that has been the trend after Ziost, #nologic, and they will pull yet another weapon of mass destruction or bring Vitiate alive. Malgus is already a puppet, would use another word but the post would just be deleted...

The story so far has been miserable, sadly this is the only star wars mmo out there. I've seen mods for other steam star wars games that are far better than what ppl who are being paid deliver us here....

No one?

Ok another player who thinks he/she represents everyone else.

BW will deliver exactly what im expecting them to, and instead of it leading me to crying about all the problems with it or lack of listening to "the people," I will enjoy it for what it is and the entertainment value it provides. I will continue my sub and enjoy the next step in this legacy game. Only one other game, Everquest, has held my interest as long as SWTOR has. Edited by olagatonjedi

Do you all honestly believe that 6.0 will be released in September? If you do, I have a bridge to sell ya.

Me personally, would give it an extra 2 months at least, with the way most games are launched, hardly being playable.....

I mean i don't want to say how much time i would really trust a playable launch heheh.

I should say, i don't like to be negative on this, but All these big games from major companies have launched games, with a good sum of them being unplayable. I'm not saying that Bioware would do that intentionally though.

Edited by MandFlurry

No mention about disciplines and utilities changes. I wonder why

Because they have no idea what they are gonna do about it. They are still gonna work on them so what they are gonna test on pts will be pointless without disciplines and utilities changes. Think about 90 sec ED and 50 sec CD reduced with new item so 40 sec ED will be too broken and i am sating this as jugg main.

No one?

Ok another player who thinks he/she represents everyone else.

You should learn what an hyperbole and majestic we are in terms of writing. Yes, let me correct myself to thyself. We, the peasants, are aware that Bioware has been listening to our feedback since day one, hence that is the reason why for years, 2012-2014, Eric Musco and other Devs barely spoke in the official page, i.e., this one.

We, the player base, are quite fond and happy with the ludicrous adventure thaqt Kotfe and Kotet were. We could not expect better story telling, that was the peak of creation and we should be happy to endure it...

I'll just wait and grab some popcorn to see 6.0 fail hard and laugh with it:rak_03:

You should learn what an hyperbole and majestic we are in terms of writing. Yes, let me correct myself to thyself. We, the peasants, are aware that Bioware has been listening to our feedback since day one, hence that is the reason why for years, 2012-2014, Eric Musco and other Devs barely spoke in the official page, i.e., this one.

We, the player base, are quite fond and happy with the ludicrous adventure thaqt Kotfe and Kotet were. We could not expect better story telling, that was the peak of creation and we should be happy to endure it...

I'll just wait and grab some popcorn to see 6.0 fail hard and laugh with it:rak_03:

So you are actually not looking forward to 6.0 and don't like the game and the developers at all, yet instead of just playing a different game that you enjoy you still post here to be a troll?

OK, got you.

I don't know why the hell you would just be here to do such a thing. People should always want to make a game better or go elsewhere, heck i do. I was about to un-sub and almost dis-connect my internet til' Eric said that testing of 6.0 should hopefully be this month.

There are other games to play if you don't like this one.

As for feedback, i do hope some devs would take our input more seriously, where they would be willing to change things. A few of the Devs that i know of are willing to bend. But lets at least give our input and go from there.

Hey there,

Throughout the whole PTS process there are going to be two components:

1. Giving you the details on the PTS forum so that you can provide your thoughts and feedback.
  2. Placing those same things as playable on PTS to get your hands-on feedback.

Obviously we are at step 1 of that process right now but we definitely understand that you are all very eager to get your hands on Onslaught. Tentatively, we are aiming to have the initial version of PTS up next week. This PTS will contain the information which we have revealed to you on the PTS forum up to this point, so, tacticals, set bonuses, and the new abilities of:

• Sith Inquisitor
  • Sith Warrior
  • Sorcerer
  • Assassin
  • Juggernaut
  • Marauder

Keep in mind that next week is tentative and could change. We will have a blog to coincide with the launch of PTS to give you all of the details.

Thanks!

-eric

Why is it only the force classes, and when can we expect the tech classes?

Someone has to be first.

Though I'm anticipating the other classes too.

Yes, I understand someone is always first...BUT

1. Most tech classes are already broken.

2. Does not give time for testing and feedback, because it's already late for force class testing.

3. So, the changes will either break them more and cause even further backlash.

So... all those classes mentioned can get a sneak peek, and try stuff out and practice and such while other ( tech) classes are gonna have to wait.....

It may not be a big thing for PVE but PVP-ers might think different depending on which side of the have/have-nots fence you are.

Some classes haven't seen their new shineys yet - even in text form.

Edited by Storm-Cutter