advantages/disadvantages to being opposite alignment?

gomperz

Are there any benefits or disadvantages to being let's say a light side sith warrior?

I know it would affect your interactions, possibly lightsaber color and companion romances, is there anything that would really hinder you for not going along with your regular alignment?

There are Light and Dark side Vendors. However I am not sure what else there is to it. If it is "mostly" useless or not, it is a great mechanic that adds to Story Telling and Role Playing. Your character's appearance also slightly changes the more dark side points you get which is friggin cool.

aside from a few items that can only be used if you are maxed light or dark, its not even a cosmetic differnce. you'll get the same companions, you'll be in the same situation at the end of your story, have the same abilities that anyone else of your class has, imp and repub npc's react the same whether you are light or dark, etc.

Are there any benefits or disadvantages to being let's say a light side sith warrior?

I know it would affect your interactions, possibly lightsaber color and companion romances, is there anything that would really hinder you for not going along with your regular alignment?

No, but I'm pretty upset that as a LS Sith, all red crystals are forbidden to me.

aside from a few items that can only be used if you are maxed light or dark, its not even a cosmetic differnce. you'll get the same companions, you'll be in the same situation at the end of your story, have the same abilities that anyone else of your class has, imp and repub npc's react the same whether you are light or dark, etc.

This is true, but one has to ask themselves: Should it be any other way?

Granting LS/DS abilities, stats or other "hard" perks would always be unbalanced or perceived as unbalanced. Already, some complain that companion affection forces their hand when RPing their character through conversations.

This is true, but one has to ask themselves: Should it be any other way?

Granting LS/DS abilities, stats or other "hard" perks would always be unbalanced or perceived as unbalanced. Already, some complain that companion affection forces their hand when RPing their character through conversations.

you are correct, its the only fair way to do it. i was just trying to drive home the point that LS/DS choices are essentially pointless, outside of the scant few items that require a certain LS/DS lvl to use.

companions is a whole different can of worms. recently, after hearing mako cry about my choices for the umpteenth time, i told her in no uncertain terms, 'dont like it? GFTO'. a minute later, not only did she accept a gift after this incredibly rude reply, she is happier with me than ever! meanwhile skadge and gault are rofl-ing everytime i tell her to ****...and she still sticks around. either the companion system is flawed, or mako has zero self respect.

No benefit, no disadvantage....it's a fabricated illusion of choice that plays little to no relevance in any aspect of the game.

The light side lightsabers are cheaper on the GTN on the Empire side. So there's that.

And not really an advantage, but it sure is fun to choose the light side options during Empire-side flashpoints and win the roll.