exposed exovert...really...

DarthAeonis

as one who worked really hard to get the battlemaster gear im highly annoyed that they made ANOTHER variant of a hard to obtain armor. I mean yea it not exactly like it but its very close and I feel like bioware is catering to the small minority of players who don't wanna work to obtain anything of value or wasn't around when it was available to the market. usually I don't post complaint threads but this really annoyed me.... :mad: anywho gj on everything else bioware.

as one who worked really hard to get the battlemaster gear im highly annoyed that they made ANOTHER variant of a hard to obtain armor. I mean yea it not exactly like it but its very close and I feel like bioware is catering to the small minority of players who don't wanna work to obtain anything of value or wasn't around when it was available to the market. usually I don't post complaint threads but this really annoyed me.... :mad: anywho gj on everything else bioware.

This is absolute rubbish really.

They are EMPTY shells. I say again, EMPTY, as in, no purple mods in them. I have plenty of Rakata shells on my companions and characters and I wholeheartedly support the return of these, preferably as schematics so crafters can do something else, other than crafting augments or augment kits.

In other words, you can still shout from the highest floor on whatever Fleet you are on, that you STILL have your original Battlemaster shells, unlike the little people, who got theirs either from crafting or from the Cartel Market. If you're THAT hardcore, you can even ask people to check your gear, so they're sure the shells are artifact rated.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

boo-freakin-hoo. You still have the gear with the stats. What's the issue?

Honestly most of the people that buy/wear that suit probably have no idea a more covered version existed in the game at one point in time. They're just buying it to show off their chests.

i.e. you're not quite as special as you think you are

It's missing the spikes on the shoulders that Battlemaster has. Exposed extrovert is really Thana Vesh's set with the chest ripped out.

They have no creativity in their souls at all.

Actually there are many differences between Thana's and the Extrovert set.. I looked at both. Yes, the Cutout is the most obvious, but also there was Armor added to the Boots, Leggings are different, There are those tubes on the Gloves (Which the gloves also look different). After comparing the 2 I do like the Extrovert better.

Actually there are many differences between Thana's and the Extrovert set.. I looked at both. Yes, the Cutout is the most obvious, but also there was Armor added to the Boots, Leggings are different, There are those tubes on the Gloves (Which the gloves also look different). After comparing the 2 I do like the Extrovert better.

Yeah, I realise the boots/gloves are a touch different, I own all the sets we're discussing including Battlemaster, but the bones of extrovert is chiefly Thana Vesh. The differences are so tiny, besides the chest being ripped out...I also prefer extrovert to Thana Vesh. but the BM is still the nicest. Reminds me of Darth Marr. :)

Edited by Lunafox

^^ old world thinking IMO.

You worked hard for the mods in the gear, not the shells.

If you worked hard for the shells... you are having old world MMO stress flashbacks.

Yeah, I'll just file this complaint under the "special snowflake" section then.

Seriously, this elitist crap makes no sense at all.

First off, the set you have IS DIFFERENT from the set we get now. (And not just a little like a different colour, no it is very different)

Secondly, there are no mods in this set and there is no set bonus, so this is just an empty shell.

Thirdly, you really think it is a valid argument to say that if someone wasn't around when that set was available they only have themselves to blame?

Finally, you should probably leave the game and never look back if this kind of thing annoys you because they are bringing back alot of the old (largely not available) sets as not only cartel pack gear with slight changes, but also as reputation rewards since ALOT of players have been asking for them (including alot of players who were around when they were available, but simply wasn't playing that class at that time).

And your main argument for all this is basically "but then I won't feel special any more"...

Yeah, I'll just file this complaint under the "special snowflake" section then.

Seriously, this elitist crap makes no sense at all.

First off, the set you have IS DIFFERENT from the set we get now. (And not just a little like a different colour, no it is very different)

Secondly, there are no mods in this set and there is no set bonus, so this is just an empty shell.

Thirdly, you really think it is a valid argument to say that if someone wasn't around when that set was available they only have themselves to blame?

Finally, you should probably leave the game and never look back if this kind of thing annoys you because they are bringing back alot of the old (largely not available) sets as not only cartel pack gear with slight changes, but also as reputation rewards since ALOT of players have been asking for them (including alot of players who were around when they were available, but simply wasn't playing that class at that time).

And your main argument for all this is basically "but then I won't feel special any more"...

there's nothing elitist about it. its about working for something vs being given something. and I already said its different. and no its not very different its a scaled down of the original. if u have eyes ud see that. 2nd I never said anything about caring for the set for its mods. why would I waste my time with lvl 50 mods??? that goes for everyone who brought that point up. I could care less about the mods, I care for the shell which is wat most ppl obtain the set for. 3rd yea I do think its a valid argument, that applies to all events as well. if the rakghoul event had never came back iwouldve been upset but I would've realized "hey I should've been there when they had it". and finally so wat if it annoys me? can I not be annoyed by something in game? do u applaud everything in this game? I doubt it. I never said anything about quitting like many ppl claim to do I merely stated my opinion on something I don't agree with. so everyone who replied with anything along the lines of "boohoo cry some more" ur just wasting my time and space in my thread so plz leave.

there's nothing elitist about it. its about working for something vs being given something.

No one's being given anything. Either someone has to buy a CM pack or someone has to buy it off the GTN from someone who bought a CM pack.

and finally so wat if it annoys me? can I not be annoyed by something in game? do u applaud everything in this game?

If you get this upset about something as trivial as a computer game, what do you do when something really important in your life happens?

No one's being given anything. Either someone has to buy a CM pack or someone has to buy it off the GTN from someone who bought a CM pack.

If you get this upset about something as trivial as a computer game, what do you do when something really important in your life happens?

there are lots of things that upset me. I just choose whether or not to vocalize it. again its one of my pet peeves and its something that has happened multiple times. and when something important happens I'll deal with it then. as of now its a minor issue in a minor thread in the vast majority of the forum. but one I choose to mention. problem with that?

there are lots of things that upset me. I just choose whether or not to vocalize it. again its one of my pet peeves and its something that has happened multiple times. and when something important happens I'll deal with it then. as of now its a minor issue in a minor thread in the vast majority of the forum. but one I choose to mention. problem with that?

If getting bent up about nothing spins your propeller, have at it.

It's kind of odd you are complaining about roughly one third of an armor design being released on the cartel market. The entire bottom portion is gone.

They didn't even edit it well. The quality of the work is amateurish. It's like looking at TES: oblivion/skyrim fan made skimpy armor mods. I don't find anything wrong with making skimpy armor out of existing armor sets, but I do expect higher quality edits from "professionals".

This is what the female variant looks like. http://puu.sh/6JIH3.jpg

and this is what I did in 10 minutes: http://puu.sh/6JIIM.jpg

I had to edit the red tubing a bit cause simply cutting them off looked dumb. They didn't seem to mind so much...

Texture editing isn't much different than altering images in photoshop. Assuming they use a similar system as other games.

It's kind of odd you are complaining about roughly one third of an armor design being released on the cartel market. The entire bottom portion is gone.

They didn't even edit it well. The quality of the work is amateurish. It's like looking at TES: oblivion/skyrim fan made skimpy armor mods. I don't find anything wrong with making skimpy armor out of existing armor sets, but I do expect higher quality edits from "professionals".

This is what the female variant looks like. http://puu.sh/6JIH3.jpg

and this is what I did in 10 minutes: http://puu.sh/6JIIM.jpg

I had to edit the red tubing a bit cause simply cutting them off looked dumb. They didn't seem to mind so much...

Texture editing isn't much different than altering images in photoshop. Assuming they use a similar system as other games.

That's way better.

My issues with the bikini look still remain though. I don't get why they persist on the skimpy gear. All my toons are female and none of them has ever been in revealing clothes. We're at war, people, it's not a pageant contest.

Edited by MidichIorian

That's way better.

My issues with the bikini look still remain though. I don't get why they persist on the skimpy gear. All my toons are female and none of them has ever been in revealing clothes. We're at war, people, it's not a pageant contest.

You ≠ Everyone Else

I don't use this kind of gear on my characters either but no harm done, last I checked, for people to have fun on their own terms. It's a game after all.