Level 500 Artificer - can't find schematics

Tolkyyn

So where do they hide schematics for the level 56-60 items, such as relics and lightsaber hilts? I can't figure out how to get the schematics. My character is maxed out in all her crew skills, but not one relic schematic has ever turned up, and the only hilt schematics are from the dealer, who doesn't go to the end level.

Most schematics for crafting above 400 come from rep vendors (Oricon, CZ-198, Rishi, Yavin).

There AREN'T any crystal schematics above 50, though. Every. Single Crystal. since TFB (which drops the Black-core/orange) has come from the Cartel Market.

To obtain the 186/192 hilt schematics, you have to reverse engineer the hilts you pull out of 186/192 weapons. So you have to win those first (from Revan in TOS); and then somehow stop your guildies from finding where you live and murdering you because you were awarded a weapon that instead of using. you're going to grind up in the hopes for a schematic.

Edited by Diviciacus

To obtain the 186/192 hilt schematics, you have to reverse engineer the hilts you pull out of 186/192 weapons. So you have to win those first (from Revan in TOS);

That may be true for 192's, but I got my 186 hilts and barrels by RE'ing 178's.

There AREN'T any crystal schematics above 50, though. Every. Single Crystal. since TFB (which drops the Black-core/orange) has come from the Cartel Market.

Didnt they add in a few triple colored crystal schematics which iirc use lvl 60 mats?

also @ OP

when you RE 168 gear you get 174 blues, which when you then RE you get 186 purples.

Edited by Faardor

So where do they hide schematics for the level 56-60 items, such as relics and lightsaber hilts? I can't figure out how to get the schematics. My character is maxed out in all her crew skills, but not one relic schematic has ever turned up, and the only hilt schematics are from the dealer, who doesn't go to the end level.

You probably don't have the matest extension activated. You need it to go from 450 to 500.

It has TONS of Ruusan schematics, which enventually produce 186 hilts, sabers, relics, offhands and enhancements. Plus indeed the color crystals that demand the equivalent of 300 treasure hunting missions lol...

Do tot worry, the absurdity of requiring Matter Transsb for every enhancement and mod out there( while it cannot be normally obtained by a raider) makes sure the whole high end crafting system is utterly useless.

Spending 4 mil to make an enhancement or mod that can be pack-purchased with elite comms obtainable in ~3h ? Beyond epic fail.

The whole end-game crafting seems really broken.

In 2.x it worked well. The exotic materials were relatively abundant and so pricing was not astronomical and the best crafted gear was worth crafting because it was not so easy to get from running Ops

In 3.x they tweaked it and it broke. The purple exotic materials are nigh impossible to get and many schematics require multiples to craft, and the best crafted gear is easy to get through running Ops.

Hopefully they tweak it again and it works better in 4.x