Free-to-Play Preview Episode 3 – Now Live!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't this video...late? And am I the only one that cringed when he started pimping the life day stuff? EA....hey EA! You guys know the Life Day stuff makes you look greedy, cheap, and tacky right? Gonna just roll right along, hyping stuff that hurts you more than it helps you, huh?

That's what's killing this game. More Hickman effect.

Isn't this video...late? And am I the only one that cringed when he started pimping the life day stuff? EA....hey EA! You guys know the Life Day stuff makes you look greedy, cheap, and tacky right? Gonna just roll right along, hyping stuff that hurts you more than it helps you, huh?

That's what's killing this game. More Hickman effect.

More like driven by Moore and Riccitiello. Their not gouging ... but, their charging. :rolleyes:

Dear BioWare, EA, or whomever runs this 'game' now:

I can't tell you what i really think of this new Video, because that would likely get me 'warned' or 'banned'.

But since you claim to be "listening", here is some constructive feedback from a devoted STAR WARS fan and longtime *Subscriber* of SWTOR (with no plans of un-subscribing...at least not until Star Wars 1313, Elder Scrolls Online, or SWG-2 comes out) , for whatever that is 'worth' to you at this point in your "business plan":

1) This type of Video is, at best, misleading to new players...and, at worst, insulting to the intelligence of those of 'us' who have remained subscribed since Early Access Launch over a year ago.

2) Please advise the producers of these types of Videos to stop having the 'spokesperson' talking AWAY (askew) from the camera/audience. It's awkward, weird, jarring, and in direct contradiction to the 'earnest' message you guys seem to want to send. How can 'we' take you seriously (or believe in you) if you guys won't even *look us directly in the eyes* on these Videos?

3) When C-3PO watches these types of Videos with me, he always utters the same phrase: 'Delusions of Grandeur'. - I would urge you all to look up exactly what this phrase means and do your best to avoid emulating it from now on if you hope to salvage whatever is left of BioWare's (and SWTOR's) 'reputation'.

4) Speaking for myself and others like me: These types of Videos do NOT make 'us' want to play the game nor purchase anything associated within the game's Cartel Market (only the prospect of *rare* items do that) . Instead, the Video serves as a disappointing reminder of what this game could have been (and still can be) .

5) From now on, if you really truly want to 'promote' this game with authentic enthusiasm: Start making Videos discussing/showing things from that 'WALL OF CRAZY'. You needn't worry about "making false promises" or whatever, because a) That 'perception' is already a reality at this point...and b) Desperate times call for desperate measures (as opposed to desperate-looking Promo-Videos) .

6) Ask LucasArts immediately to allow you guys to use all the 'Cartel Profits' to re-hire the people from BLUR STUDIOS to do something ANYTHING regarding the future 'direction' of this game.

Thanks, good luck, and i hope this post doesn't prevent you from considering my Guild's application on the 'Community Guild Spotlight' thread.

regards, Nee:sy_title:

I can't tell you what i really think of this new Video, because that would likely get me 'warned' or 'banned'.

But since you claim to be "listening", here is some constructive feedback from a devoted STAR WARS fan and longtime *Subscriber* of SWTOR (with no plans of un-subscribing...at least not until Star Wars 1313, Elder Scrolls Online, or SWG-2 comes out) , for whatever that is 'worth' to you at this point in your "business plan":

1) This type of Video is, at best, misleading to new players...and, at worst, insulting to the intelligence of those of 'us' who have remained subscribed since Early Access Launch over a year ago.

3) When C-3PO watches these types of Videos with me, he always utters the same phrase: 'Delusions of Grandeur'. - I would urge you all to look up exactly what this phrase means and do your best to avoid emulating it from now on if you hope to salvage whatever is left of BioWare's (and SWTOR's) 'reputation'.

4) Speaking for myself and others like me: These types of Videos do NOT make 'us' want to play the game nor purchase anything associated within the game's Cartel Market (only the prospect of *rare* items do that) . Instead, the Video serves as a disappointing reminder of what this game could have been (and still can be) .

5) From now on, if you really truly want to 'promote' this game with authentic enthusiasm: Start making Videos discussing/showing things from that 'WALL OF CRAZY'. You needn't worry about "making false promises" or whatever, because a) That 'perception' is already a reality at this point...and b) Desperate times call for desperate measures (as opposed to desperate-looking Promo-Videos) .

6) Ask LucasArts immediately to allow you guys to use all the 'Cartel Profits' to re-hire the people from BLUR STUDIOS to do something ANYTHING regarding the future 'direction' of this game.

Thanks, good luck, and i hope this post doesn't prevent you from considering my Guild's application on the 'Community Guild Spotlight' thread.

This, and then this again for good measure.

"Have a great Life Day"

What Life Day? There is no Life Day. You were too tightfisted to do ANYTHING for Life Day other than rip us off. This game won't last another year if this kind of mentality keeps driving the game into the mud.

Edited by Darthvokur

2) Please advise the producers of these types of Videos to stop having the 'spokesperson' talking AWAY (askew) from the camera/audience. It's awkward, weird, jarring, and in direct contradiction to the 'earnest' message you guys seem to want to send. How can 'we' take you seriously (or believe in you) if you guys won't even *look us directly in the eyes* on these Videos?

Listen to this man!! I love the game but everything he mentions is spot on!

"Have a great Life Day"

What Life Day? There is no Life Day. You were too tightfisted to do ANYTHING for Life Day other than rip us off. This game won't last another year if this kind of mentality keeps driving the game into the mud.

^I agree, I'm still holding on to hope that thing will get better but the future isn't looking to bright.

This x1,000,000

You want us to let you know what we think ? Allright.

- Selling UI unlocks in the cash shop is an absolute disaster, whoever came up with that idea should be fired because the amount of bad PR this idea created for the game is rather unfixable

- Your initial idea with giving f2p people ONE (!) quickbar clearly shows how out of touch with reality you are

- How was making the game IMPOSSIBLE to play (you can't play with one quickbar) for F2Ps an even an acceptable idea ?

- Mentioning said quickbars in the video is another terrible move

- Most of the items are terribly overpriced

- A person in charge of the cash shop needs to be replaced with somebody who understands how a succesful F2P model works

- Most of the items in the cartel market are really terrible if you are a subscriber, I have yet to find a single item worth spending money on

- Stop making such videos alltogether! All they do is remind your subscribers how badly this game has flopped.

Edited by Rogoo

I think that giving us actual events (an actual life day and anniversary event) and more NEW armor (not repainted but new) is the right way to go. I don't hate the game, I'm just offering some constructive criticism because I want the game to be good and to succeed (also some of the f2p stuff like ONE quickbar is just plain ridiculous). Edited by therealGLAD

I keep hoping that EA/Bioware will stop insulting the Founding members of his community. My sub has been cancelled and this is the note I submitted :

As a founder and an individual that paid FULL PRICE for the game, I have little to no benefit from the purchase. Other MMOs that have converted to FTP have taken a different approach. For instance, The Secret World is giving the entire base game, without restrictions, to anyone that has purchased the game for FULL PRICE.

Bioware and EA does not value the founding players that paid the development costs for this game. New FTP players get the same play experience, with only a $5 purchase. My $170 dollars invested in this game, versus their $5 means nothing to EA, obviously. The Cartel Coin allocation for Founders was very meager.

I have to deal with XP and travel restrictions, even though I am the reason that the servers are still running. Absolutely ridiculous and an insult to my intelligence. The mail restrictions are absolutely aggravating. Why not allow full mail access within my legacy?

Give me the base game, the out of the box experience, as a founder or I will not sub to this game again. Period.

Lift the XP restrictions for founders and other ridiculous efforts to force my sub.

I'll finish my class stories and turn the lights out, if I can manage to gain the XP to do so with the CCs I have left.

Edited by gallirw
More information necessary to complete

I think his speech about the Life Day items being "limited time" says a lot about how they intend to sell stuff. :(

It's all "buy it NOW!!!! for just $18.00 per mount or lose out!".

It is so disheartening that such a cynical nickle and dime method of using the cashshop is happening, really sinking to the lowest possible common denominator of retail. :mad:

It's pretty clear they do not value their customers, they just want to sell stuff TO them. :(

Such an attitude simply isn't sustainable, it's the attitude you find on here today gone tomorrow market stall, it is going to drive people (including subscribers since the start like me) away from the game.

Edited by Goretzu

Life day? is that video intended to be funny? what kind of life day celebration if you have NOTHING in game but all from cartel market? iam playing Lotro now and they have winter celebration where you can get outfits, cosmetic items and housing items, but sadly again BW fails.