GSF Friction Points response and update?

Mystic_Chaos

Its been just over 9 months since the post for GSF Friction Points was created and there has been a lot of feedback from the players which covered a lot of good points and gave creative ideas. Would there be any chance to hear anything along the lines of QoL updates or anything else that may be in the works?

I would also like to add that I've sent in multiple tickets about player(s) who are throwing matches. Other players have posted in the Friction Points thread, created their own posts and submitted tickets but customer service won't act though. On Star Forge, going back to Shadowlands,it's been the same player cycling through their alts, week after week. They have 0's across the board unless they are sitting under a satellite for that round. Today alone, they have tried to throw or thrown 10 matches and yesterday 6. Will Bioware look into a QoL change to help the players counter this behavior?

If I'm wrong and it's not against the policy to hold back a team and throw matches, would that be permission to jump on the opposite faction to suicide and do as they do, just to level the playing field for my home team? As far as I know they may be throwing the match for the opposite faction. I'd rather play than cheat but if it's not cheating, it sounds like the only option. Customer service isn't being specific so maybe you can clarify?

Edited by Mystic_Chaos

What was in the works was the GSF balance pass for update 5.5. For which the resources allotted were building one new map, and ship and component balancing.

They have a long list of stuff for GSF that's basically filed under, "Stuff we wish we could afford to do." It covers a lot of the things brought up in the Friction Points thread.

As for throwing the matches, you have to be fairly sure that they're really throwing them, not just being a very inexperienced pilot shooting at things that are many km out of range. That generally requires the player in question stating in chat that they are throwing the match. I.E. evidence Customer Support can use to base account actions on. In that case though, throwing the match is a Code of Conduct violation, and action should be taken if it is reported. You can try submitting tickets, but if that's not producing results you can try to PM Musco and ask for him check it out.

Honestly though, the cycling sounds like someone farming conquest or CXP, which probably isn't technically a violation. You might point out to them in chat though, that those rewards are linked to performance, and that meaningful participation will increase the rate at which they earn rewards and/or decrease the amount of time they have to spend in GSF matches that they apparently don't have much inherent interest in.

Edited by Ramalina

I saw a lot of good ideas in the other thread but didn't see anything else from bioware. I guess I wanted to see if there may be anything else in the works, even long term goals.

I won't report new players or even call them out. I invite them to gsf chat hoping to help them. The one I mentioned is farming for sure. That's not an issue though, even I fly mainly for conquest but I actually play. This guy is 0 across the board every single match, which is 6 days a week and for over 9 months. The closest they get to any points is sitting under a satellite but won't defend. I went to the opposite faction and I went right for them, they don't move at all. Customer service has dates and times of matches but won't bother to do anything. The forum is the last place I can bring it up.

• 2 weeks later...
Its been just over 9 months since the post for GSF Friction Points was created and there has been a lot of feedback from the players which covered a lot of good points and gave creative ideas. Would there be any chance to hear anything along the lines of QoL updates or anything else that may be in the works?

As was pointed out, we had a pretty serious content and balance patch, that absolutely addressed many friction points. There's certainly more viable ships than before, for instance, and the balance pass was significant, running down many of the poorly balanced components and ships.

I would also like to add that I've sent in multiple tickets about player(s) who are throwing matches. Other players have posted in the Friction Points thread, created their own posts and submitted tickets but customer service won't act though.

The GMs can take awhile to act, or it can be all of a sudden. I think this is also true about other parts of the game as well.

On Star Forge, going back to Shadowlands,it's been the same player cycling through their alts, week after week. They have 0's across the board unless they are sitting under a satellite for that round. Today alone, they have tried to throw or thrown 10 matches and yesterday 6. Will Bioware look into a QoL change to help the players counter this behavior?

I wouldn't call it "QoL", but I concur that they could use a couple more technical details to discourage uncompetitive play. I think I can see why it is hard, however- whatever you put in, you don't want to wrongly punish a new player, and you definitely don't want to make things inconvenient for real players without actually blocking the very rare troll or two.

If I'm wrong and it's not against the policy to hold back a team and throw matches

No, it's absolutely against their policy. The reason you are more likely to see someone griefing their team by non-contribution instead of, say, self destructs, is because the latter is punished much faster and more consistently, probably because it is much easier behavior for a GM to be sure about.

No, it's absolutely against their policy. The reason you are more likely to see someone griefing their team by non-contribution instead of, say, self destructs, is because the latter is punished much faster and more consistently, probably because it is much easier behavior for a GM to be sure about.

Maybe in general, but there are some more obvious cases than others. If you move over the Hit % coloum of the scoreboard you can see how many shots a player hit and how many shots a player missed. There are some players I repeatedly have seen leaving TDM matches with 0 hits and 0 misses. Which means they havn't shot at all in a TDM where you can't argue well no enemy came to the sat I was defending. But yes non-contributing is currently a much bigger problem than self destructs and yes it might be because it is more difficult to recognise.

The OP wasn't a complaint or anything but I was curious if there was anything beyond what has been done recently. The Iokath map and balance changes came out close to the original Friction Points post, so it seemed like that was already going to happen. I should have used a different title since I was considering all 3 threads used at the time. Friction Points, Itemization, and Ship Balance. The 3 posts received a lot of comments and I was looking to see if there were long term plans that could be in the works, especially Itemization. I'm fine with the content, more would be nice but I'll fly regardless.

Anyone who solos in Star Forge will have had the issues with the same leech, he even invited his guild mates in matches to do the same and they're 0's across the board, match after match. He alternates with warzones now but still gets in GSF more than enough.

The biggest friction point is that it's a PvP game that's been left running for a long time that's very hostile to casuals. It doesn't matter what you do to component balance if there's that big a difference in how strong the teams are as players, and how determined they are to win.