Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

<Elders of the Republic> Guild for Older Players

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Satele Shan
<Elders of the Republic> Guild for Older Players

SpinForbidden
06.25.2018 , 07:35 PM | #21
A special "thank you" to the several members that recently joined us in <Elders of the Republic>. During our weekly training operation last Friday night, we successfully completed the 16-toon challenge mode for the operation Temple of Sacrifice. This was a 16-toon operation that our guild had attempted before but had not yet successfully completed. Four or five of the raid members had only joined us in the last couple of months.

Although some may scoff that it was "only a storymode" operation, it was about the right level of challenge for a bunch of mostly casual older players. As always, there were no strong reprimands, rage quits, or other pettiness. A couple of our members had to drop group to take care of ill spouses or catch some sleep for work the next day. They were sent off with the guild's blessings and their spots filled with other mature volunteers. Fun (and achievements) were had by all.

If the description above sounds about right, perhaps <Elders of the Republic> is for you! Please check out our website or look us up in game in the "who" tab with Elders in the search field.
High Counselor <Elders of the Republic>

Satele Shan Kallinos | Kallipolis| Tyrtaeus

Jedi_Lanceor
06.25.2018 , 08:47 PM | #22
Aye, I'm one of the newbies who joined recently - still struggling to get my character geared up, but that didn't stop me having fun on this 16-player operation (which I hear is one of the hardest). The highlight of the night was when we were about to wipe, but the last person standing landed the killing blow on the boss just before he died, resulting in loud cheers from everyone on Discord. I think that hero was you Spin.

It's nice to game with a group that doesn't throw tantrums or ragequit when things start going pear shaped. Instead, with a bit of patience and old fashioned trial and error, we figured out what worked and vanquished each of the bosses in succession.

It has been a privilege to raid with you folks!
SPOILER: In "Solo: A Star Wars Story", Han, Chewie and Lando all survive.
Clicking this link will change your life. http://www.swtor.com/r/pVK4sv Or maybe it won't... dunno - try it.

D_efcon
07.15.2018 , 08:22 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Jedi_Lanceor View Post
It has been a privilege to raid with you folks!
Thanks for joining us, Lanceor! We have players of all different skill levels, and are happy to help new players learn how to do operations and other content. Training Ops are every Friday night at 9pm PST.

If anyone is interested in joining, they can message us here or go to their social tab in-game and search for "Elders". One of our officers can invite you. We prefer players over the age of 40.
De-rezz
PVP Officer
Elders of the Republic

republicelders.gamerlaunch.com

MacCleoud
07.27.2018 , 09:33 PM | #24
Been in the guild about six weeks now. Love these guys!

Kfab
08.02.2018 , 11:09 AM | #25
This guild sounds perfect for my husband and I. We are returning after an extremely LONG hiatus and essentially re-learning the game. Unfortunately, we are EST so I don't know how much we would actually be able to participate outside of being more casual/social.
I shot first!

MacCleoud
08.02.2018 , 10:08 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Kfab View Post
This guild sounds perfect for my husband and I. We are returning after an extremely LONG hiatus and essentially re-learning the game. Unfortunately, we are EST so I don't know how much we would actually be able to participate outside of being more casual/social.
I am central time myself. It is a great group of people and there are usually a few people on even during east coast prime times. I know there are at least a couple east coasters and a couple others in central time. Everyone is helpful and friendly. Give it a try with at least one toon and see how your play times mesh. I havenít been in a guild this like this in a really long time. It is great!

Kfab
08.03.2018 , 02:05 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by MacCleoud View Post
I am central time myself. It is a great group of people and there are usually a few people on even during east coast prime times. I know there are at least a couple east coasters and a couple others in central time. Everyone is helpful and friendly. Give it a try with at least one toon and see how your play times mesh. I havenít been in a guild this like this in a really long time. It is great!
Thanks! I'll get in contact with a member in game and ask for an invite. I appreciate the information.
I shot first!

WiredSolaris
08.08.2018 , 04:00 PM | #28
Heya guys. Is there a good day or time to try and hit someone up for a GInvite? I am EST but play at all kinds of hours.
Hard to find a good guild with only adults (uhumm, I may be using that term lightly, lol).

Kind Regards,
Wired

Vencentius
08.10.2018 , 12:43 AM | #29
Hello! The best times to be certain to catch one of us is 8-10 PDT
There will be a lot of us Friday night.
Celsfalia
Guildmaster
Elders of the Republic & Elders of the Sith

D_efcon
08.10.2018 , 04:17 PM | #30
Hi Wired,

It's Friday night, which is our training operation night. It's at 9pm PST. I guarantee someone will be on tonight to get you a guild invite. Let us know your main toon's name and we'll keep a lookout for you.

You can send an in-game message to De-rezz (me) as well if you'd like. Also, the friends/social tab allows you to search for "Elders". You can search for Elders players who are currently on by using that.

Hope that helps!!
De-rezz
De-rezz
PVP Officer
Elders of the Republic