Bioware Lied to us?

ZahirS

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what I meant, Jedi are bound by a code but the Hero here is kind of "loose help", barely see the code anymore, sworn enemy of the sith yet he does the bad thing to accomplish things (the end justify the means)

That is not Jedi, a Jedi is honorable and in this game it means been dull, as if it were like that.

First off I call troll on this post. With that said WHAT?? You didnt watch the same movies I did. Yoda and Obi-Wan BOTH lied to Luke. They told him his father was dead. Killed by Darth Vader. Yet Darth Vader was his father. They used the means to justify the end. Where is the honor in LIEING to Luke?

Ofcourse the game is wrong.

Honorable people are Honorable all the way.

No they not. Honour is subjective just like any other trait and what YOU deem as honourable is not what someone else thinks. Besides, most of the time we live in a world where people will do absolutely anything to get ahead so I'm sorry to say but 99% of the time honour is dropped at the first sign of trouble.

let me put simple for YOU:

Im honorable in real life, me ok. Now I see Honorable in this game and is dull, Im not....so who is wrong?

Accusing people of lying when they express their opinion about something isn't very honorable.

I do believe this guy is annoyed that he cannot be all bragging and flirty as a jedi.

because "that's how heroes are" in his mind.

I think he is annoyed that the jedi are supposed to stay away from all feelings and not be emotional.

That includes flirting and hating your enemy.

I think he wants to be the action movie type hero that throws out alot of one-liners and hits on every girl he sees while still beating the enemy to a pulp.

But that's not the jedi way and thus he is annoyed when he gets dark side points for behaving like that in the game.

"But I'm saving the galaxy!"

Yes... but you're being a douche while doing it. Even bad people can save the world. That doesn't make them good people by default.

Estimated 16.7million people dealing with serious mental illness in the US alone each year.

Estimated 400,000+ people subscribed to this game.

Guess some overlap was bound to happen eventually...

I honestly just think it's a combination of language barriers, inability to understand that jedi are basically warrior monks and a strange view of how "honorable and heroic" people should act (which might be based on cultural differences).

Im not sure it's about mental illness.

Although the fact that he is spamming other threads with this (even tho they are about completely different subjects) shows signs of obsession with the subject.

Oh man, I really hope you never read A Song of Ice and Fire or watch Game of Thrones, OP. Because if you see what happens to honorable people there and project that onto the real world... dear god.

You do know that this is a game, right? Like, fictional? Entertainment? It's not real. It doesn't lie to do. People don't lie to you when they say they enjoyed something. Why would they? Many players I've encountered found the LS Consular story boring. I didn't. I found it enjoyable enough. Why would I lie about that?

Also: Do you actually know what an opinion is? How about personal taste? Let's start with that.

I have no idea what point the OP is trying to make, can someone explain it to me? Maybe I am just not awake yet but it all just came out as random unrelated gibberish.

EDIT: I just read through the rest of the thread and now my brain hurts.

Edited by Icebergy

Nope what I meant, was Lightside should be fun to start, you are the good guy, girls like good guys, you are also a hero might aswell have more "heroic moments" doing good, but no darkside option is "the fun option".

The path of the light side is not an easy one, that's why many fall to the Dark Side. It requires many sacrifices.

If you think all the dark side choices are fun and the light side choices boring then that says a lot more about you than the storyline.

Please explain? Are you insinuating that just because in a game we enjoy being a little evil and chaotic, that it suddenly makes us bad people or something?

If you think all the dark side choices are fun and the light side choices boring then that says a lot more about you than the storyline.

Please explain? Are you insinuating that just because in a game we enjoy being a little evil and chaotic, that it suddenly makes us bad people or something?

I didn't take it that way but rather as their way of saying what others were already posting within this thread...That it's about opinion.

No different than saying...

If you think all the dark side choices are fun and the light side choices boring than that would be your opinion and not the fault of the story.

But I could be wrong.

First off I call troll on this post. With that said WHAT?? You didnt watch the same movies I did. Yoda and Obi-Wan BOTH lied to Luke. They told him his father was dead. Killed by Darth Vader. Yet Darth Vader was his father. They used the means to justify the end. Where is the honor in LIEING to Luke?

Oh WOW mind blown don't do that you are feeding the troll

Estimated 16.7million people dealing with serious mental illness in the US alone each year.

Estimated 400,000+ people subscribed to this game.

Guess some overlap was bound to happen eventually...

Hah! This right here is not only apt and very likely the case, but the funniest response I've seen in a long time. I love it.

She is calling me sith :rolleyes:

Maybe Im taking this too seriously, I just think whoever wrote the dialogs was notthinking on Strong people, most are underwater helping, Bashing the enemy (Lightside:rolleyes:) or completely "stop now in the name of good" which isn't heroic at all.

A hero speaks strong, because you have to be strong to protect the weak right..also the NPCs have really weird missions like feeding on violence to fix things, not really giving a big picture of what your doing, then you see Alderaan poart of the Jedi storyline...there finally you start feeling heroic, until your dialogs come up I remember one dialog that said "who are you people", dull response 1, dull response 2" as to make you choose "who are you people?.....I mean Im a fricking noble in life, I dont need that option...so I have to pick the dull one.

Really somewhing not check out, maybe its aimed to create a dull heros IDK

Edited by ZahirS

She is calling me sith :rolleyes:

Maybe Im taking this too seriously, I just think whoever wrote the dialogs was notthinking on Strong people, most are underwater helping, Bashing the enemy (Lightside:rolleyes:) or completely "stop now in the name of good" which isn't heroic at all.

A hero speaks strong, because you have to be strong to protect the weak right..also the NPCs have really weird missions like feeding on violence to fix things, not really giving a big picture of what your doing, then you see Alderaan poart of the Jedi storyline...there finally you start feeling heroic, until your dialogs come up I remember one dialog that said "who are you people", dull response 1, dull response 2" as to make you choose "who are you people?.....I mean Im a fricking noble in life, I dont need that option...so I have to pick the dull one.

Really somewhing not check out, maybe its aimed to create a dull heros IDK

You are making absolutely no sense.

I gather that English is not your first language, but you might have better luck writing in your native language and letting google translate do the rest :(

You are making absolutely no sense.

I gather that English is not your first language, but you might have better luck writing in your native language and letting google translate do the rest :(

Nah, I say let him keep going! Everything from the thread title to the OP's responses both here and in other threads are just epically wacky. No thread in quite some time has left me more confused and asking myself if this guy is for real. Maybe master troll; maybe just misunderstood, but either way - Kudos! ;)

Interesting opinion Op but maybe its just you.

Have you considered that people may not agree with you?

Take for example my guild has two guilds:

A republic one and an empire one.

Guess which one we play most of the time?

Republic One so you see we don't find it boring.

But thats not reality, if you do good in reality doesnt give you that feeling, at least for a normal individual

So, what you're saying is that you only feel good when you steal the old lady's purse, instead of holding a door open for her? This isn't a problem with the game, it's a problem you should seek professional help with, and frankly, maybe you shouldn't be allowed to play video games until you get it sorted?

The options for dialog are made to lie to us, why?

Why is this game trying to make you indifferent to other people, as if good=dull, bad=fun, neutral=none, so yes people like fun so no wonder lots of darkside jedi around.....that is not right.

As if a straight man would say only darkside things....thats lightside not darkside, people know this.

then they feed you their classic line:

Bioware: "We are surprised Sith are winning"

They made it to lie to you. they knew it, people go for fun in a game guys

Later all Im off this game

I don't understand your complaint at all. I don't see how you equate evil actions == "fun." I certainly don't feel that way--all my characters are lightside--including my Empire toons. In fact, I think it's far more interesting to play a Sith as lightside. People make their own choices. That's a reflection on them--not Bioware.

Edited by Loseriticus