Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Weird stuff going on...

BattleDress
05.31.2014 , 11:18 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by AceFirstCav View Post
I agree that there are happening weird things in the GSF sometimes.

The most interesting thing is ability of some ships to be unhitable for long time. Blaster fire and rockets hit the ship but do no damage. Since I have seen this ability mostly on Scouts and one GS, I would bet on some kind of abusing Distortion field. Like some game bug witch alows to use this ability for abnormaly long time.

I have experienced one shot killing from scout or strike a few times during Deathmatch. It was very strange but I have credited it to extremely lucky combination of damage boost and critical hit.

Funny part of this is that people which saying "There is definitely no way how could anyone cheat, that it is just skill" are sometimes convicted for cheating at the end.
That was most likely the result of damage overcharge buff somebody picked-up during TDM. It can and i have 1-shotted pilots flying a new ship on alts.
I am not for the Empire. I am not for the Republic. I am for the credits and the fame.

DamascusAdontise
05.31.2014 , 12:22 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by AceFirstCav View Post
Funny part of this is that people which saying "There is definitely no way how could anyone cheat, that it is just skill" are sometimes convicted for cheating at the end.
I hear claims of cheating often, mostly from new players who don't understand game mechanics.

You described not being able to hit someone who is using DF. DF increases evasion and at a higher upgrade level provides a missile break. On a scout when this is paired with targeting telemetry, light armor, and the running interference crew ability, the scout has a very respectable amount of evasion at this point especially when all of the abilities are in use at the same time. (BTW you don't need running interference to do this, just used as a max evasion example)

They will be very hard to hit, and this is part of game mechanics not cheats.

You also mentioned being one shotted by scouts and strikes, this is a well known issue and usually stems from two scenarios:

1.) Ship has damage overcharge (deathmatch)

2.) Ship is full upgraded and you are lightly upgraded

In scenario 2 its likely not a one shot either, other shots could have come in at the same time or perhaps you already had some battle damage to shields or hull.

Beyond your examples people often make claims about warping / speedhack cheats. I have played MANY matches and have never seen any hack, only people with varying degrees of lag issues. These people although hard to hit or track down do not do well in any game I have ever seen (and are often the same people day in and day out) this leads me to believe it is lag, if it was hacks they would do better.

Please don't fall into the "every good pilot is a hacker" rigmarole, its disrespectful to the community, insinuating that its not your own skill or knowledge of the game that is responsible for bad games. Its basically the easy way out "its not me, everyone else is hacking!" Which I can assure you from countless games since December is not the case on Bastion or any other server I have played on.

I have run into some very good pilots and not thought even once "hey this guy is a hacker" - I played counterstrike and CoD I know what hackers can do and how they behave. If your new please read the guides in my sig, if not read just stasies component guide (it should help a lot)
Ahazi Server Refugee (Beta - Shutdown) RIP TIE & Twin Ion
[Circle of Emnity] - Pincer - Ocula Pilot - The Bastion
New to GSF? Look Here!. // And Here!

Fractalsponge
05.31.2014 , 12:39 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DamascusAdontise View Post
I hear claims of cheating often, mostly from new players who don't understand game mechanics.

You described not being able to hit someone who is using DF. DF increases evasion and at a higher upgrade level provides a missile break. On a scout when this is paired with targeting telemetry, light armor, and the running interference crew ability, the scout has a very respectable amount of evasion at this point especially when all of the abilities are in use at the same time.

You also mentioned being one shotted by scouts and strikes, this is a well known issue and usually stems from two scenarios:

In scenario 2 its likely not a one shot either, other shots could have come in at the same time or perhaps you already had some battle damage to shields or hull.

Beyond your examples people often make claims about warping / speedhack cheats. I have played MANY matches and have never seen any hack, only people with varying degrees of lag issues. These people although hard to hit or track down do not do well in any game I have ever seen (and are often the same people day in and day out) this leads me to believe it is lag, if it was hacks they would do better.

Please don't fall into the "every good pilot is a hacker" rigmarole, its disrespectful to the community, insinuating that its not your own skill or knowledge of the game that is responsible for bad games. Its basically the easy way out "its not me, everyone else is hacking!" Which I can assure you from countless games since December is not the case on Bastion or any other server I have played on.

I have run into some very good pilots and not thought even once "hey this guy is a hacker" - I played counterstrike and CoD I know what hackers can do and how they behave. If your new please read the guides in my sig, if not read just stasies component guide (it should help a lot)
I think the argument "if they were hacking they would do better" is specious at best. If they were awesome at the game they wouldn't need hacking to begin with in order to win their matches.

If not hacks, then I have at least seen several people with very peculiar lag patterns on Shadowlands. Often times it's a bomber that will suddenly lag as soon as they start taking damage. Observing them fly or open fire on something without engaging them reveals that they basically never lag until under attack. This isn't just me observing it either. When he/she does this, we like to call it "making movies."
http://fractalsponge.net
Xi'ao - The Shadowlands

AlrikFassbauer
05.31.2014 , 12:41 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by BattleDress View Post
Wich brings me to another observation: Put yourself in the shoes of a new pilot. You get your *** handed to you on a regular basis. So you either quit or stick with it and get better.
Same with ground PvP : Some work hard to get all of the good stuff to max out their starships to dominate everyone else. "MOAR POWAH !"

In their opinion its fun to dominate Newbies.

It's time that GSF gets brackets, too.
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

AceFirstCav
05.31.2014 , 12:57 PM | #25

You described not being able to hit someone who is using DF. DF increases evasion and at a higher upgrade level provides a missile break. On a scout when this is paired with targeting telemetry, light armor, and the running interference crew ability, the scout has a very respectable amount of evasion at this point especially when all of the abilities are in use at the same time.

Thank you for explaining. But you could save a couple of e-letters. Problem is not in DF itself, problem is in duration of that. Also that this strange behaviour appeared even on the GS.

1) GS with boost is know for ability to one shot strike, but can strike realy one shot another strike?
I consider as one shot killing ship with full shield and hull. Already damaged ship can be hardly considered as one shot since it was obviously already hit.

Please don't fall into the "every good pilot is a hacker" rigmarole...
Thatīs a pretty big generalization, since no one here said that "every good pilot". I have experienced weird behaviour only in a very very small fraction of all played GSF games. So please donīt fall into "You just donīt understand game mechanics"

Zoom_VI
05.31.2014 , 01:01 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
It's time that GSF gets brackets, too.
I agree, the queues are too short right now, it should take at least a hour and thirty mins for a pop minimum.
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

DamascusAdontise
05.31.2014 , 01:23 PM | #27
(++ for an idea that includes brackets but also allows all players to find a game within a reasonable amount of time)

Scouts can and usually do have a high base evasion (%33) + Targeting Telemetry (10 seconds +8%) + DF (6 seconds + 27% evasion) + Running Interference (20 seconds + 15% evasion)

33% just for base is high enough to evade a meaningful amount of shots let alone the fact that a pilot can use these abilities discerningly to increase their evasion for 36 seconds (if you used them end to end) - this is usually not the case though, I tend to use DF on its own and targeting telemetry with running interference so the gains get high for short to mid stints.

What I am trying to say is that its not unusual especially under the best circumstances that you miss sustained shots on a evasion scout. The idea that a hack could somehow up someones evasion seems difficult if not impossible to accomplish through some sort of code injection, I am not a programmer mind you but this seems unfeasible.

As to damage related issues, we have to know things like what ship, what components, what upgrades before we can understand the issue better. I will spare you the number but suffice to say TT and BO for scouts used alongside concentrated fire add a lot of damage when used together. If your ship has low upgrades, or components that don't mesh well you can die more quickly than you should.

If you are engaging a scout look for the telltale red glow of the buff and avoid them for the duration, these pilots will try to "heads up" with you but its a trap, don't do it. This is true most of the time, don't attack targets by flying straight at them head on. This is the single biggest mistake I see in new pilots, I will wait until my evasion cooldowns are up then joust with people and they almost always stay in the fight too long.

Anyways there is a lot to this game and not a single person I know and respect has seen a hack or hacker in this game. That is not proof tantamount but I can say we play on several servers, have seen many players, and have played thousands of matches between us. And literally not once have I ever seen anything that even resembles a hack.

With the way lag works, flying straight and level takes less resources than: turning, boosting, shooting, or being shot at. That being the case a player who lags, lags worse when there is more going on hence the warping when under attack. Use missiles on these people or ignore them, or report them if you insist on the hacking thing.

(A T2 strike can one shot with proton crits, HLC also has some mean damage and armor pen so yes they can dish it out too - I use one shot loosely as often I have shield damage I am not aware of)
Ahazi Server Refugee (Beta - Shutdown) RIP TIE & Twin Ion
[Circle of Emnity] - Pincer - Ocula Pilot - The Bastion
New to GSF? Look Here!. // And Here!

PorsaLindahl
05.31.2014 , 04:03 PM | #28
I've seen ships that I'm chasing literally flicker (disappear momentarily), sometimes they jump around in different places, and other times completely disappear from view/radar.

I was chasing a bomber in a match this morning and was within 5km from it when it completely disappeared then reappeared 20km away 3 seconds later. It couldn't have been attributed to lag, because it was only the one ship that "warped" away, none of the other ships, and I could see at least a half dozen, did anything strange. Just the bomber I was chasing.

Devrius
05.31.2014 , 04:12 PM | #29
I know a guy in Prophesy that jumps around as if lagging, while being chased on GS or Bomber but has no such "problems" while flying a Scout or Strike...

BattleDress
06.01.2014 , 02:16 AM | #30
A lot of discussions about lag, ability use, different situations, etc... I have no problems with this

I created this thread for the express purpose of a wake-up call to BW developers, the players AND to anyone who would use/try to use a hack, that we the players of SWTOR will not stand for it (Well, i will not )

It is always an on-going battle vs Hacks / Hackers in any game and we the players (Again, at least me) have our eyes out for stuff like that. Keep fighting the good fight!
I am not for the Empire. I am not for the Republic. I am for the credits and the fame.