Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Make Galactic Starfighter what IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN FROM THE START!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Make Galactic Starfighter what IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN FROM THE START!

Archonitek
09.27.2015 , 06:52 PM | #11
Shouldn't the title of this topic be 'Make Galactic Starfighter what PERSONALLY SUITS MY PLAYSTYLE BECAUSE I DESERVE IT...ALSO I WILL NOW TALK ABOUT TURNING IT INTO A COMPLETE STAND ALONE GAME RATHER THAN AN ADD-ON TO AN MMO ENGINE'

Quote: Originally Posted by Belthorian View Post
In closing the decision to roll out Galactic Starfighters as it currently is was possibly the worst decision in gaming history. Fix it by making it a space combat sim with joystick/HOTAS/rudder peddle/Track IR support, there is already an excellent model to base it off of, the GREATEST space combat sim ever made X-wing VS Tie Fighter. If someone is crying because they don't have a joystick.....GOOD those are not the people you want to cater to. Flight/Combat sim players are your target market. It will provide you with a whole new player base, many of which will subscribe just to play Galactic Starfighter. Even the free to play flight sim crowd will still buy stuff from the cash shop in the form of micro transactions.
The hyperbole is strong in this one.
Eclipse Squadron - Cedwic/Eclipse-seven - Pilot - The Ebon Hawk
Nova Squadron - Zemelda - Lieutenant - The Ebon Hawk
Red Squadron - Teerayne - Senior Spaceman - The Harbinger

ALaggyGrunt
09.27.2015 , 07:56 PM | #12
Making the game actually work well with a joystick would mean all the keyboard+mouse users (or: most of the game's population) would be seriously handicapped. Seriously, go to GOG, grab Xwing or TIE Fighter, and try to play it with a mouse-and then a joystick. Then think of what we'd get if we put a mouse user against a joystick user.

Making the game work with a joystick with the current design would mean joysticks would be pointless.

The only way to make it work well with a controller people actually have is if we designed it to go with everyone's favorite console controllers, because a lot of us already have these for consoles and/or other games.