Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I quit playing GSF because I dislike deathmatch.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
I quit playing GSF because I dislike deathmatch.

Beddlam
03.24.2014 , 12:16 AM | #1
I know they can't let us choose what type of game we want to play because the player-base is too small to split, but having to play a style I didn't enjoy 50% or more of the time really ruined it for me.

mudmobile
03.24.2014 , 12:51 AM | #2
I understand and I am sorry.

I wasn't a fan of the deathmatches from the start but I kept playing only to get kicked in the gut by the Cap ships gunner's strike. I keep coming close to quitting GSF but it has a hold on me.
You can check out any time you like But you can never leave.
Harbinger is the path I walk

SammyGStatus
03.24.2014 , 12:19 PM | #3
When I started ground PVP with my toon, I didn't quit because everyone else was geared WAYYYYY better than I was and could actually kill me while I couldn't get beyond 25%. If I had better gear, I imagine I'd be able to learn to play a little easier, and continue to develop skills while advancing my gear. I hate Alderaan, but I'm not gonna stop PVPing because of one game type, because I know that with practice and with better gear, I'll be able to perform better.

Same with GSF. You're not just going to be good at killing ships right off the bat. Overcoming adversity is the only way to learn and grow (you learn more from mistakes then successes, yada yada, etc.). If you're willing to leave, then I'm sorry for you, but quitting is evidently the only option for you. Hope you change your mind in the future!!
Renegade-One / Leggogurl / Aimbot / Even'ess / Status

RiVaN_
03.24.2014 , 12:39 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SammyGStatus View Post
When I started ground PVP with my toon, I didn't quit because everyone else was geared WAYYYYY better than I was and could actually kill me while I couldn't get beyond 25%. If I had better gear, I imagine I'd be able to learn to play a little easier, and continue to develop skills while advancing my gear. I hate Alderaan, but I'm not gonna stop PVPing because of one game type, because I know that with practice and with better gear, I'll be able to perform better.

Same with GSF. You're not just going to be good at killing ships right off the bat. Overcoming adversity is the only way to learn and grow (you learn more from mistakes then successes, yada yada, etc.). If you're willing to leave, then I'm sorry for you, but quitting is evidently the only option for you. Hope you change your mind in the future!!

I agree and disagree.

Practice makes perfect and pilots should really play enough to get a ship mastered before leaving.

On the other hand, on some servers Death match is just a GS slugfest (literally) and if you try to fly anything other than a bomber in these type of matches you are cannon fodder. Good luck getting any kills, or even any assets for that matter, when you are up against 8 - 10 gunships on the enemy side.

Thankfully I think a lot of folks on the Jedi Covenant Server have realized how boring those GS fights are and we haven't had may lately.

Don't give up man, power though. Or do what I did roll a toon on a different server just for playing GSF. Maybe that server has a different composition and you can do better there.
Nikolete, Scoundrel - Republic Flashfire
Drivan, Sentinel - Souls of Fate

Jedi Covenant

ptwonline
03.24.2014 , 01:10 PM | #5
Both modes--TDM and Domination--are seriously problematic right now.

In TDM: if your server is not there already, then it is probably on the way of devolving into Gunship slugfests. Right now it isn't probably because a lot of players are still newer and are still trying to master other ship types, which leaves the door open for other people to choose to fly non-gunships. Once the populations get more mature though, I think TDM will be very highly gunship-saturated.

Domination mostly seems to be about who can get their bombers dug in first. First side to get bombers dug into 2 sats almost certainly wins.

I'm guessing that Bioware is waiting to see what the new stealth fighters can do, since conceptually those should be a hard counter to something stationary like a gunship. Personally, I think they will just really tick off a lot of players because they will be very annoying, and people already tired of GSF will just quit.