Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Super noob question about guilds

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Super noob question about guilds

ImmortalLowlife
03.26.2013 , 07:57 AM | #1
Ok I recently joined a guild (Republic University btw) and on their website it shows me as a member, but it's not showing up in game that I'm part of a guild. How do I get it & other guild mates to show up in my game?
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

PhoenixFyrelO
03.26.2013 , 08:04 AM | #2
To join a guild in-game you must be invited in-game by someone in that guild with invite privileges (usually the guild master). If you know their name, just /whisper GM's Name whenever they are online.

The game is not connected to any outside websites such as the one you signed up on. Those are purely for ease of communication outside the game.

redfurry
03.26.2013 , 08:07 AM | #3
In order for your character to become part of a guild, you have to receive a guild invitation while in-game. It will look similar to a group invite; as soon as you accept you will be in the guild. You will see the Guild chat in your chat window, and your character will show the name of the guild below your name (this can be turned off but I believe is on by default).

This is completely disconnected to anything the guild website may show. They probably have accepted your application, so they have set you up as a member in the website, but haven't seen you online yet so they can invite you. If you are online, look for a guild official and ask them.