Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Requires (X-level) armor"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
"Requires (X-level) armor"

ThrustorPrime
03.25.2013 , 09:55 AM | #1
When I go to an arms dealer, how do I know which level of armor I have?

ZeroPlus
03.25.2013 , 10:03 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by ThrustorPrime View Post
When I go to an arms dealer, how do I know which level of armor I have?
If I understand your question correctly, when you hover your mouse over your armor the tooltip that appears will have a number near the top that states "Rating XX". The will indicate the "level" of the armoring in the armor.

If not what you want to know, please try and explain better what it is you are trying to determine. Your question is a little "vague".
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

KBerling
03.25.2013 , 10:09 AM | #3
All items and mods have a level requirement. This refers to your character's level. So if you are interested in a lightsaber for example that says "Requires Level 15", you can buy it but you won't be able to equip it until you are level 15.

Some items have further restrictions, for instance "Requires Light Side/Dark Side 2", or, "Requires Vette", and of course you can never equip an item unless you have the associated ability.

Is this what you mean?

ThrustorPrime
03.25.2013 , 10:35 AM | #4
I'm sorry, I guess I was being vague. What I meant was, say I have an item in inventory that requires heavy armor, and it's greyed out. How do I know which level of armor my character has, light, medium etc.?

And how do I aquire a higher level of armor so that I can purchase better weapons, etc.?

I hope that this makes sense.

Skodan
03.25.2013 , 10:44 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ThrustorPrime View Post
I'm sorry, I guess I was being vague. What I meant was, say I have an item in inventory that requires heavy armor, and it's greyed out. How do I know which level of armor my character has, light, medium etc.?

And how do I aquire a higher level of armor so that I can purchase better weapons, etc.?

I hope that this makes sense.
Light Armor: Sith Inquisitors, Jedi Consulars
Medium: Marauders, Imperial Agents, Sentinels, Smugglers
Heavy: Juggernaut, Bounty Hunters, Guardians, Troopers

you cannot learn a higher level of armor to wear except as a JK/SW if you become a jugg or guard
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

redfurry
03.25.2013 , 10:51 AM | #6
If you open your Abilities tab (default key is P) you will see among then your armor and weapon proficiencies. But yeah, your class and Advanced Class determines those, you cannot learn any more. The type of armor or weapon is not as important as the stats on them.

ThrustorPrime
03.25.2013 , 10:57 AM | #7
Okay, thanks. I guess I'm stuck with the choices I've made. I have characters spread across the whole gamut.

ThrustorPrime
03.25.2013 , 11:00 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by redfurry View Post
If you open your Abilities tab (default key is P) you will see among then your armor and weapon proficiencies. But yeah, your class and Advanced Class determines those, you cannot learn any more. The type of armor or weapon is not as important as the stats on them.
Can you expand on that a little? What should I be looking for in the stats of, say my Imp Agent to make sure that he's equipped properly?

KBerling
03.25.2013 , 11:17 AM | #9
Look on your character sheet. It will show your class's primary attribute. Load up on that and completely ignore the rest. To make it easy, it goes like this this:

Aim: Bounty Hunters and Troopers
Cunning: Imperial Agents and Smugglers
Strength: Sith Warriors and Jedi Knights
Willpower: Sith Inquisitors and Jedi Consulars

Endurance is "seconday primary" shared by all classes but most important only to tanks (Shadow, Vanguard, Guardian, Inquisitor, Powertech, Juggernaut). Don't use an item that increases your endurance at the expense of your primary stat (some exceptions depending on role and level).

There are also advanced stats (power, force power, tech power, critcal chance, surge, accuracy, etc.) that you need to worry about but not until higher levels. When you want to learn about these, it's time for a google session or message board surfing.

ThrustorPrime
03.25.2013 , 12:22 PM | #10
Ah, that makes sense. I've been taking the wrong approach by trying to load up on weapons and armor, as opposed to paying attention to the details.

This helps me understand it better, Thanks!