more newbie questions

tanerb

I have some more questions . thanks all for answering :)

1. I am level 12 now but don't remember increasing my stats. how does it work? do things like aim, endurance automatically go up?

2. how does looting in flashpoints work? lets say enemy mob is dead, who gets the loot?

3. I have this vip band but i don't know what its doing, is there some place it opens up?

4. do you have to be on the imperial fleet to go to flashpoints. I figures you can queue up from the planet as well

1. I am level 12 now but don't remember increasing my stats. how does it work? do things like aim, endurance automatically go up?

it mostly goes up as you train your skills and increase your gear.

2. how does looting in flashpoints work? lets say enemy mob is dead, who gets the loot?

mostly depends on how the group leader has it set up, by default it's setup to round robin and green items for green items or better. In round robin once the item being looted is of high enough lvl you get a pop up screen showing the item and 3 (4) options. the 3 options keys at the bottom of the screen are (from L-R) are need, greed,and dissasemble. (dissasemble will not always be available), the 4th option is to close the screen completely which would be to pass on the item. once you close that screen you are no longer able to compete for that item. the basic ettiquette is to only 'need' on items that you can use for the character you are playing on, and not for your companions. so if your playing as an assasin you shouldn't need on equipment with aim to give to khem. If you can't use the item but would still like it if no one else does then you greed. If you don't care about the item you can just pass.

The group leader can change the lvl at which the conversation window pops up from to be with greens or betters, blues or better, etc. So for example if the cuttoff limit is for blue items or higher, any green items or lower will be picked up by whoever loots them first regardless of what it is. everyone gets the credits though.

The other one that's sometimes used is masterlooter. With masterlooter the group leader gets all the items and then is responsible to distribute them to the group. people who are interested in the gear do an in game roll by typing /roll in the chat window and it'll generate a random number from 1 to 100. The winner gets the gear.

3. I have this vip band but i don't know what its doing, is there some place it opens up?

The VIP band is for access to get into the upper area of the fleet. when you go to the cantina part of the fleet you'll see the elevators and you'll be able to get up into it. There's a vendor for vip people but it only has 1 speeder that's 2.5mil credits, we were supposed to get more gear but so far nothing.

4. do you have to be on the imperial fleet to go to flashpoints. I figures you can queue up from the planet as well

you can but for most people it's easier to queue up from the fleet, plus you can pick up the mission story line from the fleet

1. Some of your stats increase with level, and most stats are increased by upgrading your gear. Your class has one main stat (Aim, Willpower, Strength, or Endurance). Everyone has endurance. There are secondary stats of varying importance and other people can explain that better than I can.

You need to visit your trainer as you level up to learn new abilities.

2. Loot in groups is usually set with a threshold. Any items greater than the threshold (I think green is the default) are rolled for. A window will popup when someone loots, and you will have to choose between "need", "greed", or "disassemble". "Need" is for something you need for yourself! Not your alt, not your companion, and not because you want to sell it. Greed is for everything else. Disassemble means you want to RE it for parts, and is the same as greed. It's on the honor system, but people do notice, and if you roll need on things you don't need, you'll end up on a lot of people's ignore list.

3. There is a VIP area on the fleet. The elevators are next to the bar. There's cargo access, guild bank access, and a GTN terminal up there. It's nice when you want to avoid the crowd. There's a vendor, too.

4. Yes and no. Flashpoints all start on the fleet, either in the dropship hangar or on one of the nearby ships. There are couriers and shuttles scattered around the planets that will take you there, too. But you don't have to go there if you use Group Finder, it will teleport you from where ever you are in the galaxy.

-Stats increase automatically with level up, by upgrading gear and by finding datacrons.

-When a green+ item drops in a group setting, everyone rolls for the item and the winner of the roll gets the item. The system is such that there are levels of priority. You have 3 choices: Need, Greed, or Pass.

If 1 person rolls Need d1 and the others roll Greed d100, the guy who rolled Need will win the item even though he rolled a 1. Need rolls always top Greed.

Select Need ONLY if the item is of your character's primary stat and is something you will be equipping immediately. If you already have something better, DO NOT roll Need for it, even if the item does contain your primary stat. Do not roll need to equip your companions, only your Player Character. Nothing will lose you friends faster in this game than rolling Need for something you can't use.

So unless you're sure you need it, roll Greed and the winner of the greed roll gets the item. You can choose to Pass out of courtesy or lack of interest but no one expects you to do this.

-VIP band allows you to access VIP club on Fleet. The elevator is down by the bar.

-You can join Group Finder queue from anywhere but it only allows you to join FPs and planetary heroics based on your PCs level. Each planet also has a FP droid and shuttle on it somewhere which allows access to appropriate level FPs. There is also a similar droid on Fleet or you can speeder your way down to mission departures.