Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

super lag

andyjd
03.21.2013 , 01:51 AM | #1
Ok so I did a warzone... lag disaster!! Lol I maybe got 3 or 4 kills at most. I couldn't even target anybody unless they were standing perfectly still and even then when I'd use a quickbar slot it would take 5 seconds to register the command. What can I do to reduce the super lag? Or what setup ( PC, hardware) do you guys use??

Enteum
03.21.2013 , 01:28 PM | #2
Are you sure it is lag you are experiencing or drops in frames per second. I have only ever experienced server lag and that was today. However, I get a lot of fps drops due to my crappy system. It's an old (ish) Dell Inspiron 1545 and I am saving for a helluva better desktop.

I can somewhat guarantee that it is fps you are experiencing. You check what fps you get by hitting Ctrl + Shift + F. It will appear in the bottom left of your screen. If you have low fps

In Graphics Settings

1. Turn Shadows off
2. Turn VSync off
3. Everything on Low. EVERYTHING!

You could also download Game Booster which seems to help somewhat.

PS Server Lag is displayed on your MiniMap. In the bottom left of that window. Looks like a mobile phone signal.

andyjd
03.21.2013 , 02:10 PM | #3
I have no trouble elsewhere except warzones and the imperial fleet. It will freeze while I'm running through them and when it in freezes I'm 200 ft toward of where I was. I think its my system is having trouble reading the other players., regardless of the graphics quality. I set it to very low and it made no difference except everything looked like it was made from play-do.

DeadDogBarking
03.25.2013 , 09:40 PM | #4
FYI - Lag does not mean slow or unpredictable game play. It refers to server speed.

Yes server speed can affect game play, but everything in game will just not register. Examples are your character is not able to move forward on the street. You are not able to take or receive damage. You can not send chat.

When you are experiencing stutterer or unpredictable control input it is usally your hardware not being able to process all of the information at once. At this point, I will let you know you are not alone. The minimum specs are not compatible with WZs or some flashpoints. Take some time and do some research on your settings specifically the windows XP compatibility and graphics settings and you should get some if not alot of increase in performance. ( google swotor lag xp mode graphics settings).

Good luck

Tanga_Yal
03.26.2013 , 04:40 AM | #5
I've the same problem. Everything was fine before the last update. I was getting something like 50fps, after the update (in WZ's) I'm lucky if I get 8fps!!! Making them unplayable...

Nothing else has changed on the pc, no new s/w. no other updates, just the one for TOR.

Support don't want to know, so I have no idea how to sort it out??

andyjd
03.26.2013 , 04:47 AM | #6
Yeah same here, I still do them just to grab what little coms I can but even like on hoth I got attacked by a smuggler and it just froze for a second and by the time I was able to attack my health bar was half gone lol but somehow I still killed him xD. My character is Sarnur a Sith marauder on prophecy of the five server, so if you ever attack me and I'm just standing still you know my screen froze lmao

Tanga_Yal
03.26.2013 , 06:40 AM | #7
I wonder if today's update will fix anything, as it was the last one that screwed it up?

I'm very disappointed in 'support', simply saying it nothing to do with the update is a lame get out and a refusal to admit they're the one's that have created the problem. Its as if they've raised the minimum spec of the game and just kept quiet about it!