Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Giant freakin robot!

ImmortalLowlife
03.20.2013 , 07:50 AM | #1
I was wandering around on Coursuant the other day, & I saw the biggest droid I've ever seen in this game! Am I correct in thinking that it was one of the infamous "world bosses"? And how do u go about fighting them? (Meaning do u have to be in a group or does everyone who runs up & attacks get xp for it?)
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

The-Pook
03.20.2013 , 08:06 AM | #2
Yup you found a world boss. You will need to be in a group to fight and get credit for killing a world boss. Sill remember the first tme I saw that one, I wasn't paying attention and ran into the area where it is at....and then promptly got dead lol
Vendahl Freyvold
Founder and Lead of
De Oppresso Libre
Est. 1996

Ryat
03.20.2013 , 08:07 AM | #3
Yes it is a World Boss (WB). Recommend a group to take it down. And no, not anyone can just jump in, hit it, and when it dies get XP/rewards. Only those in the group.

ImmortalLowlife
03.20.2013 , 09:30 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by The-Pook View Post
...Sill remember the first tme I saw that one, I wasn't paying attention and ran into the area where it is at....and then promptly got dead lol
Yup pretty much what happened to me, saw it & proceeded to go "Starkiller" on it...Smdh... fight lasted bout 20sec Lmao So is there one on every planet?

inknform
03.20.2013 , 10:24 AM | #5
My run-in with a WB happened on Voss...although you actually had to click on a node for him to appear. And me, being all curious, was like "oh look! A shiny object to click on!....oh sh-..."

DEAD
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Rawkfist (Vanguard - Shield Spec)
L'encre (Operative/Med)

ImmortalLowlife
03.20.2013 , 10:50 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by inknform View Post
my run-in with a wb happened on voss...although you actually had to click on a node for him to appear. And me, being all curious, was like "oh look! A shiny object to click on!....oh sh-..."

dead
dies lmao!

Khevar
03.20.2013 , 11:05 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalLowlife View Post
Yup pretty much what happened to me, saw it & proceeded to go "Starkiller" on it...Smdh... fight lasted bout 20sec Lmao So is there one on every planet?
Heh. Same thing happened to me.

Most planets have world bosses (except for the four starting planets). Here is a list, if you're interested:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=105905

There is also a quest you can pick up on the fleet (in the supplies area I think?) that gives you rewards for killing the world bosses at your level.

Monkeypox
03.20.2013 , 11:14 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by inknform View Post
My run-in with a WB happened on Voss...although you actually had to click on a node for him to appear. And me, being all curious, was like "oh look! A shiny object to click on!....oh sh-..."

DEAD
I did the EXACT same thing on Voss, haha.

ThatGnome
03.20.2013 , 12:01 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Monkeypox View Post
I did the EXACT same thing on Voss, haha.
There seems to be a trend forming here.

Gidrea
03.20.2013 , 03:49 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ThatGnome View Post
There seems to be a trend forming here.
It looks like a Lore Object...

I know someone who did that just as a group from the opposite faction was getting ready to fight it...

But yes, that is SD-01, the world boss of Coruscant. He has 191,863 hit points and has been known to one-shot level 50s...
Gidrea / Kätastrophee / Stärry / Randava / Lexä / Buttërcup / Fraidy Cat - Satele Shan
Shock and Jawa / Full Metal Jawa - The family you choose, not the one your parents stuck you with! Join us and be a Jawa!