Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class for me

shadowsjudgement
03.24.2013 , 02:04 PM | #1
Ok im gonna list like some stuff i want from a class, and i want to know what you guys think would be the best class to take on the republic side. Not going sith, going republic.

Ok so i want
High damage
High survivability
High enough health to survive
Some mid-long range attacks, but can also go melee
Faster combat speed
Easy to level
Not too complex battle and skill rotations
Good storyline
Totally able to solo stuff, i hate having to depend on other people.

What do you people think would be the republic class for me?

WaldoA
03.24.2013 , 02:11 PM | #2
Sorry but you're basically asking for EVERYTHING. If you want good damage and easy to level I'd suggest Sage, but they have one of the worst survivability for PvP, though they are pretty decent in PvE.

Good survivability I'd suggest Gaurdian, but they aren't the best damage.

Vangaurds great DPS and have ok survivability, though they are a bit clunky and boring rotation (though it's easy to use)

I'd suggest you just read up on each of the advanced classes and pick from there, there isn't any class with great damage and great survivability, else no one would play anything else

shadowsjudgement
03.24.2013 , 02:14 PM | #3
Maybe guardian. Only thing i wouldn't be happy with is not turning invisible, which is heavenly. I have a sith assassin at the moment lvl 40 almost and i LOVE it.

WaldoA
03.24.2013 , 02:26 PM | #4
I have a 50 Gaurdian and 50 Juggernaut, although I only play Jugger. There's other classes with better damage, but that doesn't stop me loving my Juggernaut, the fact that you can leap to enemys and leap to allies gives them great mobility in a PvP environment, especially in huttball, there's nothing more enjoyable than leaping up and down the ramps.

I've also noticed that Tank specced juggernauts make excellent tanks in PvP also.

Sorry for everything I'm comparing to being from a PvP perspective, it's because that's only really what I do, I only PvE for the odd credit gain.

Mirmirmi
03.24.2013 , 02:55 PM | #5
I would suggest a Jedi Shadow. You won't get the best DPS there is, but you'll still get good DPS, you'll have a fair amount of health, you'll have stealth, you'll have mid-to-close range abilities and you'll have a nice amount of survivability. Some people complain that the Jedi Consular story is terrible. I thought it was alright. But I think the Jedi Shadow is going to come closest to having all of the things you want. I love playing on my Shadow. Very versatile and powerful.
Mirmirmi the Shadow Mirhap the Agent Mirlation the Knight Mirdur the Hunter Emirgency the Scoundrel

CloudCastle
03.24.2013 , 03:08 PM | #6
I was going to suggest Shadow as well, or possibly Scoundrel. I'm really enjoying my shadow, and you can choose to go either DPS build or tank, so there's lots of room to try out different play styles and see what suits you.

Scoundrel is a little more challenging to play, but it has a lot of versatility like Shadows do. Plot-wise, the smuggler story line may not be as awesome as some of the others, but it's got the best humor in the game and will keep you entertained.

KBerling
03.24.2013 , 06:04 PM | #7
If he already has an assassin, then he's simply duplicating characters cross-faction with a shadow. Story and companions are different, the rest is identical.

shadowsjudgement
03.24.2013 , 06:05 PM | #8
I don't think i'd be a shadow. Possibly a smuggler for the invis, but i hear the storyline is boring... So im kinda hovering on jedi guardian for
1. tanking abilities
2. jumping abilities
3. lightsabers

Those reasons.

ThatGnome
03.25.2013 , 04:41 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowsjudgement View Post
Ok im gonna list like some stuff i want from a class, and i want to know what you guys think would be the best class to take on the republic side. Not going sith, going republic.

Ok so i want
High damage
High survivability
High enough health to survive
Some mid-long range attacks, but can also go melee
Faster combat speed
Easy to level
Not too complex battle and skill rotations
Good storyline
Totally able to solo stuff, i hate having to depend on other people.

What do you people think would be the republic class for me?
Vanguard has the first, fourth, sixth and seventh, maybe the last. They've got aspects of the second and third. Faster combat speed is possible. The storyline is something you'd have to assess for yourself, it's not the best or worst in my opinion.